Introduce yourself!

Started by Tynan, September 16, 2013, 11:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texonidas

Hi,

I'm Texonidas (as the name suggests), and I'm absolutely loving this game. Still on my first colony, and lost my first colonist last night (RIP Bobe). Looking forward to getting involved in this community and hopefully producing some cool stories.

BeastNips

Hi everyone!

I've vaguely followed RimWorld for a while but not too closely as to not spoil the surprise. I'm a long time player of these sorts of games with my favourite being Gnomoria, but sadly due to moving in with my girlfriend and becoming a full time adult with a job, i rarely have time to get my teeth into a good management sim.

Luckily my better half is going away for the weekend so I intend to avoid the gym, eat junk food, drink beers and buy/play RimWorld for 2 days straight. I'll let you all know how it goes!

Jinxi

Im a 51 year old woman from germany and im addicted in game like this since a long long long time.

-What introduced you to RimWorld? Or to this style of game in general?
I have seen the game on Youtube. A Youtuber who plays mainly these types of games, has introduced the game. And in general, as i wrote above, im addicted since a long time. I played the first SimCity and Civilization tons of hours. I loved The Sims from the beginning. And every time a new game comes out like this one i need to try it.

-What's your favorite other game?
All SimCitys except SimCity6  :P, Evil Genius, Cities: Skylines, Don´t Starve, 7 Days to Die, Anno 2070 and all Annos before, Prison Architect, Starbound and much more.....

-Most embarrassing gaming-related story?
I have a savegame on Rimworld i totaly build in God-Mode.......  8) Is it emprassing? Let me think about it...........

-What kind of breakfast cereal is the best?
Hmmmm...breakfast? Where is my coffee? I cant think without coffee....I can not get through the day without coffee...WHERE IS MY COFFEE  :o....
uhmm...what was the question?  ???

Yodarkore

Hi there.

I'm Yodarkore, 36 years old, from France.

I'm fan of strategy games and city builders since i'm 7 years old. I used to play sim city first of the name, really liked it, then civilization, then a ton of games. Nowaday i got bored about modding Stellaris and Hearts of Iron IV (trying to improve the poor end game AI that was giving no real challenge, sadly.. :/ ) so i looked for a new builder. I was already owning Factorio (wich i like it a lot) and one of my steam friend was already playing rimworld, for days. So i reviewed the game, was hesitating, and asked him if he liked it, as that friend have some similar tastes regarding strategy/builder games, and he told me he was fond of this game. So i bought it (on steam), and now i really enjoy it.

I'm used to design some mods, and i really like games wich we can user friendly mod them, wich seems to be the case for Rimworld. Altough I'm still learning the game on vanilla, there is some mods outhere who are very appealing, and that could really fit in the "core" game without (imho) denaturing Tynan's initial project and vision of his game (QoL mods especially)

So far, my best epic fail is all my colonists dying on day 9 with Pheobe storyteller on pu**y erm easy mode, from heatwave since i tought making electricity (and coolers then) would be much more complicated and material requiring than it is.

For breakfast? Coffee please, i'm not hungry yet!

ddblue0

Hi everyone! I am based in Japan, and have been trying to convince my co-workers here to try Rimworld (I was happy to see Japanese as a language option!)

I love the game and I found it after researching MUDs! They brought me to Dwarf Fortress, which brought me to Rimworld.

I do not play with mods, as I love the game the way it is, but after reading posts here I may consider it!

Yoroshiku!

Divisional

Hiya! I'm Divisional! Weird name, I know, but I was originally planning to go with something else :P I live in the boring old UK, and play quite a lot of games. Reading is also awesome  ;)

For lé question things:

1: What introduced you to RimWorld? Or to this style of game in general?

Well, I was browsing the Steam store, and clicked on this game because of the art style! And the reviews were pretty good so I bought it.

2: What's your favorite other game?

Oooh, I don't even know. Garry's Mod/Life is Strange, probably.

3: Most embarrassing gaming-related story?

I can't really think of any! I guess my skill at CS:S is pretty embarrassing...

4: What kind of breakfast cereal is the best?

Weetabix!
:3

GovernmentSpook

Hello everyone! From the Philippines here. Been playing for a month now, lurking the forums, checking out the mod section mostly. It's great to see such an active modding community with a lot of new posters joining in, and it's cool seeing the dev chat with the forum commonfolk from time to time.

nccvoyager

Well, I go by nccvoyager online, and I'm a young Canadian, eh?
(Joking, joking.)

Back in the day, I grew up playing Super Mario Bros on an NES, and eventually moved on to things like Breath of Fire III on the PlayStation. When I moved to PC gaming, I started out playing strategy games like Warcraft II: BNE, and Starcraft on a Pentium II running at 566MHz, with a 128MB graphics card, and 512MB of RAM. I moved on to CnC, and then other genres of games from there.
The first I heard of RimWorld was while I was moderating the chat of a Twitch livestreamer I had been following.
I bought a license for RimWorld and started playing a few months ago, and it has become one of my favourite games.

On PC, it has to be the original Diablo. I have never actually finished it, but I loved the atmosphere and story it created.
On console, I'm torn between Double Dragon II on the NES, and Breath of Fire III on the PlayStation.

Actually, in RimWorld itself, though it's a long one.
A pawn I had named after myself went into a daze, and stripped naked outside, in the 4 degree Celsius weather. Then, upon the daze ending, he headed to get some food, and he had another mental break, this time a booze binge. Upon reawakening after blacking out, he then attempted to eat again, having yet another mental break, this time a berserk rage, wherein he incapacitated his wife, and was downed by a squirrel just outside the front doors. After being rescued, he died with 97% immunity to an infection from a squirrel bite on his leg.

Personally, the only breakfast cereal I really liked was the old Trix. Not this new Trix that is just generic "fruit flavour" coloured spheres; the old Trix that were shaped like jacks, and actually had a different fruit flavour for each colour.

This space reserved for ridiculous pictures, as I see fit.

Arctic_fox

so i'm horrid at these things, but the heck with it i'm arctic and i'm a truck driving nerd who loves to place pc games on the rare chances i get more then 1 day in a row off.

as for the other questions

you can thank a webcomic called alt, ctrl, del for introducing me to this game, i wasnt going to get it but bought it when drunk and boy am i glad i did.

fallout 4

i was playing world of warcraft and my dog decided he wasnt getting enough attention and knocked my full 44oz cup of code red into my computer and destroyed it, Thankfully i was waiting for the new one to show up but dakota made his point.

buttflexspireling

Gander's greetings to you. My handle is buttflexspireling and my dad introduced me to Rimworld. He said it was a good way to socialize and meet people.
  My favorite other game is Azure Dreams. The annoying things about it were that you could fuse monsters and feed them element changing seeds to change say a fire attribute monster to a wind attribute monster. This was pretty much the same as hatching them from eggs, raising their levels in combat and breeding them in anticipatory cycles over and over again. Another annoying feature was that you could chuck items, such as spells, at enemies and fight at different elevations of terrain.
  My favorite gaming-related story is that I sat down to play a game of Palladium with my boy scout friends one time when I discovered smoke coming from the tent. Apparently a burning stick had been left too near to the tent. This, of course, had set the tent on fire.
  Finally, my favorite breakfast cereal is father's oats. My family likes to play pranks on the dogs by feeding it to them and then squirting them with the garden hose. The dogs hate the game but my family gets a good laugh out of tormenting the dogs this way.

Pict

Heyo fams Pict here, I'm a former Artist starting on Printmaking&Photography NC course on College this year after Fine art, first day was pretty exhausting at the end exceeding over my 10k footsteps limit running around the massive new building getting some Photo's done and marked etc, You'll see me occasionally posting my off-topic artwork and some Occasional fan-art Based on Rimworld!

What got me into the game basically was both the Familiar Art Design in the game from Prison Architect and having an amazing experience on my first Playthrough  thanks to a Download link given by a friend on another Community not long ago, and I may be planning to support the game by buying the Steam retail when I get the paycheck from the bussary this month :) 

TomassoTomasso

Hey everyone, TomassoTomasso here, playing RimWorld for three weeks now. Bought it after a Kotaku article about horrible ways colonists died in the Game and how losing is fun. I've sunk more hours in this game then any other in such a short span, I love this game.

pjpants

found an article on kotaku and fell in love with this game right there
I am a former athlete who is too old to play so I do play them in order to compete still but the regular game I play are all over the map
1. civ- I have 500 + hours on 5 alone
2. Blood Bowl 2
3. this game has jumped up to here!

the usual stuff fights over team chat, not knowing what I was doing, um... that stuff

coco puffs

Iamblichos

Hi everyone, Iamblichos here... probably familiar to those who haunt the DF forums  :)

Quote from: Tynan on September 16, 2013, 11:54:27 PM

Long time player of DF (check out Doomforests).  I saw an article on Rockpapershotgun.com about how this game was similar and yet different and cool in its own way, so bought it a few weeks ago on Steam.  I've been hooked ever since.

Dwarf Fortress, definitely.  One of the only games I've ever stopped playing and returned to multiple times.

Spending one of my first colonies in Rimworld setting up all these elaborate buildings and defenses without planning out food sources.  Why are they eating corpses?  Oh god!

I'm more of a protein with a side of protein breakfast guy myself  :)  Scrambled eggs and feta, picadillo omelet, etc.

SKD_Dudu

Hello, fellow forum members, my name is Eduardo Mota (SKD_Dudu), i have 20 years, i work as mechanic, and i live in Guarujá, São Paulo, Brazil.

What introduced you to RimWorld? Or to this style of game in general?
- My father had some simulation games and strategy games in his old Computer, and in 2002 i had my first contact with this kind of game, it was with my father and we played Caesar III, i liked this kind of game and i still play this kind of game today.

What's your favorite other game?
-No doubts, Red Dead Redemption from Rockstar Games, the game itself is an masterpiece: Soundtrack, Environment, Wildlife, Weapons, Characters and Story.

Most embarrassing gaming-related story?
- I was playing GTA Online in my Xbox 360 (March, 2014) and i started to kill a player who was follow me, 4 times, and this person called me in PM. Well, for my surprise it was my cousin, which i, in the morning, called to play with me. She was very upset with me and she was very angry and almost crying, because i forgot the mic on and i was indirectly offending her in public session, i was very embarassed and somewat sad after that.

What kind of breakfast cereal is the best?
- I don't like cereals, i usually drink black coffee or yerba mate tea with cream crackers with cheesse in my breakfast.
Dimitri Rascalov: "You know, if there is one thing that I have learned, it is that we must obey the rules of the game. We can pick the game, Niko Bellic. But we cannot change the rules."