Introduce yourself!

Started by Tynan, September 16, 2013, 11:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celthric Aysen

well you can't really stop piracy... that's for sure.
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

iame6162013

Quote from: Blackjack1000K on May 24, 2014, 07:50:18 AM
*Cough*... it is possible, DRM it all!
and have nothing but trouble(and hatemail) with it.
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Cala13er

Quote from: iame6162013 on May 24, 2014, 08:10:12 AM
I like the sound of DRM'ing everything!

iame6162013

Quote from: Cala13er on May 24, 2014, 08:17:20 AM
I like the sound of DRM'ing everything!
who doesn't?
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Celthric Aysen

There's always a way, don't underestimate pirates, there's 2 people these days smart people and idiots and most pirates are fairly smart.
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

pawnstorm

Maybe it's a good idea to just delete all posts after Cael's post and edit his post to not include the suggestion of downloading Rimworld from a torrent site. All this talk about piracy probably just leads to more people pirating the game.

SilasG

Hey everyone! I've just bought the game off Tynan's site, downloaded it and was wondering if I should go ahead and download say the Industry mod since it seems to add so much extra content to the vanilla game.

Anyways, glad to be aboard and hope this game takes off in a big way.

Cala13er

Quote from: SilasG on May 25, 2014, 07:06:12 PM
Hey everyone! I've just bought the game off Tynan's site, downloaded it and was wondering if I should go ahead and download say the Industry mod since it seems to add so much extra content to the vanilla game.

Anyways, glad to be aboard and hope this game takes off in a big way.
Welcome to that game SilasG! I'm the creator of the industrial rim mod. I'm happy to hear you are considering downloading my mod, and would just like to throw a few warnings to you!

1. Industrial RIM v1.1.2 is extremely unbalanced and unfinished.
2. In IR v1.1.2 some textures are only placeholders and have been replaced for v1.2.0
3. I personally recommend everyone who wants my mod to wait until v1.2.0 coming out in a few days due to the fact v1.1.2 is not at all meant to be good, nor is it meant to be balanced. It is just basically a development build I made public.

Thanks,
Calum.

SourceVG

Hey guys, I thought introducing myself here would be a way to get active in this community. I bought RimWorld during the Kickstarter phase but only played it occasionally (I just started to play it again now - haven't played since Alpha 1, game is turning out great btw). I'm really interested in (scifi) building sims and (turn-based) strategy games. My favorite games are Civilization Series, Deus Ex, and GTA San Andreas. I'm also a manager of a gaming community which specializes and hosts San Andreas Multiplayer servers, more recently hosting Garry's Mod and CS:GO servers. I also have a fair share of time in coding world, knowing C# and other accompanying languages (maybe I will try making some RimWorld mods one day?).

Hope to meet more of you guys soon.

SilasG

Hey SourceVG, welcome to the community! I'm pretty new myself but, just something to think about, Ludeon Studios are looking for people to help code Rimworld itself. So, if you were interested in coding and sci-fi building sims ...lol.

Theres a sticky thread in General Discussion I think.

SourceVG

Thanks, I'll shoot him an email.

insanevizir

Hello guys, my name is Dimas and I'm from Brazil.
Got the game last month and realized I was too nub to play it without mods. The constant raids always destroyed everything I had sooner or later. I was tired of never getting to the 100th day, so i started installing mods. Some mods help a lot, other are just fun. I like the way this game allows ppl to mod and tweak a lot of things.
I've been following the changelog and can't wait for the alpha 4. Many of the 'issues' i found in the alpha 3 are already adressed in the change logs.
Great game.

Plunkett

Well I've been addicted to Prison Architect for a while and was looking for alternatives and found this, although I remember seeing the name of KickStarter but sadly never looked further :/ I'm a great fan of RTS (Supreme Commander or AoE), and base building types of games (RCT, Prison Architect) and so in an impulse I bought the game, an impulse that often is, sadly, wrong (and have had a bad time with early access - where the games can be great but I can burn myself out too early - need to go at a steady pace :P) but I fell in love with RimWorld, almost immediately, and still love it having played it constantly, despite being terrible!

I am looking forward to following the progress of RW, with what looks like an awesome community, a great developer and superb mods and I would love to begin to start modding for RW, and I already have a few small ideas that I would like to introduce and am going to be waiting for alpha 4 before I start (hoping of lockable doors). Once I've got used to the system myself I am hoping to maybe commence a larger project, bringing in my modding team of Viridi Militis - perhaps for art, code and sound but want to gain experience myself for now and also get to know the community better - so that I don't annoy everyone immediately when I am constantly asking a barrage of questions - as I always want to know more (which can be good but also annoying).

For other games I enjoy: some of my favourites are Mount & Blade: Warband, Europa Universalis, Dragon Age, Prison Architect, Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance, Company of Heroes (1), Frozen Synapse - and now as well RimWorld.

Looking forward to games such as StoneHearth, GTA V (PC) and in the past loved King Arthur's Gold (it's alpha version which had great building and teamwork in a PvP sidescroller, was heavily involved in that - also enjoying Door Kickers.

anikaiful

Just saying hello to every Rimworlder :)

Mattaru

From England, but I've lived in South Korea for the last 3 years. Hey! :-) A character under my Chinese name (Sin Chi Wai) should be hobbling around. Please accept him into your colony.

ZeroEmpires and his Youtube channel introduced me to the game. It's been fun. Thank you to the team.