Introduce yourself!

Started by Tynan, September 16, 2013, 11:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadgeAddict

Consider this my introduction.

Rimworld is one of the few alphas that I decided I would probably not get burned for buying, unlike so many these days. I am quite impressed with the continued responsiveness from Tynan which I find very encouraging for the future of this game.

In my day job, I am an Engineer, thus the world is quite Black and white to me and I like to think I see solutions to problems, regardless of their existence or not. I can at times come across as a stubborn A-hole, but it's only because I leap to defend the things I hold to be dear or true very readily. Needless to say, I'm working on this quality to hoping make it more defender of the weak and less a copy of Archer.

FDG

-What introduced you to RimWorld? Or to this style of game in general?
I literally stumbled upon it in the Steam Store, so I researched it and found gameplay. I became intrigued, and thus bought the game. I was immediately hooked. I have over 250 hours on RimWorld already on Steam, and I even bought a copy for my friend.
-What's your favorite other game?
Either Darkest Dungeon (my profile picture) or the FATE series by WildTangent. I love Dungeon Crawlers, and both of them are just so amazing. FATE in terms of nostalgia, and DD in terms of style, grit, and difficulty.
-Most embarrassing gaming-related story?
I don't really have any I can think of. I'm a boring person. :D
-What kind of breakfast cereal is the best?
Apple Cinnamon Cheerios are the best. Whoever says otherwise is crazy.

But other than that, hello!

My name is FDG, but my real name is Sebastian. I live in the United States and am currently 16 years of age. I am a junior in high school and an aspiring Chemical Engineer/Biochemist. I love RimWorld for the challenge and Critical Thinking Skills needed (for me, at least) to overcome certain situations.

Like when the heat wave comes and my fridge is in the developing stages.

Anyway, I hope you all are doing well, and I hope to see you all on this forum often.
-FDG

trenchft

Wassup everyone,  I've been avoiding Rimworld because of the Prison Architect type graphics and who knows what else.  I finally caught a .18 lets play and dropped the 30 bucks.  I'm already sucked in.  Tetris effect in all it's glory.  Glad to be here and see what I can learn on your forum.  Thanks.

FrodoOf9Fingers

Been around awhile, I'm Frodo (or fifthelement). I'm a java programmer who likes to mess around with decompilation and mods.

and... yeah. Life's good.

xan713

Hello, my name is Dan, I'm an Australian. I've been playing Rimworld for a long time, and I've recently picked it up again, after stopping back around A9/10. I've decided to sign up to these forums, and get together with mod makers and produce a few.

megidoladyne

Hey, I'm new here... sorta. I've been lurking for a while.

The Sims came first for me, but had I never played that I'm not sure I'd have considered Rimworld. I stumbled into Rimworld on the steam discovery queue. The customizability of both Sims and Rimworld are my favorite thing in pc gaming. They each have their features but it's the ability to have a game tell a story based on all the tools you create and give to it, and of course the resource management and spontaneous drama that draws me in.

See above. I like TS2 the most, it's the most flexible and looks the best out of the four main titles. Too many hours spent making countless mods & custom content for it, building houses, creating elaborate backstories for my witches, werewolves, muggles...

I have a knack for missing an obvious button, so occasionally I'm making a new piece of cc or mod for TS2 I end up in the discord asking for help and somebody will throw together an mspaint-edit screencap with the obvious button circled in firetruck red and surrounded by arrows. It's happened a few times...

Cheerios Multigrain. Ughh. It's been too long!

Dullahan

Hello there.
I'm Dullahan, an irish living a long time in germany now, still laughing living in a town called "Food".

What introduced you to Rimworld?

Well, simply Steam. It has shown me Rimworld over months in shop, based on my recent buys... and at one point I decided to dig for more information. Instant fell in love seeing a game like a combo from Ftl and DF.
So I finally bought it in January this year and started lurking here, as poster before.

Whats your favorite other game?

Based on played time: I wasted most lifetime for EU4.
Love deep simulation games wich are easy to learn, but hard to master.
My first games were Settlers I, Warcraft I and Transport Tycoon. Still playing last one these days.

Most embarassing Game-related story?

Well... my wife once watched a Slender-Letsplay by a german dude, I came in, looked at here screen and the german dude runs straight into Slenderman.
Nearly shat my pants, while my wife was laughing bout german dude, my wet-pant-brother in spirit.
Never touched this game, but started watching german dude on YouTube.

Best breakfest-cereal?
Honey frosted mini wheats, ofc

So, I have to say, I really enjoyed Rimworld since today, and Im looking happy in a great future with this game :3

CyberianK

Hey there I just discovered RimWorld I heard of ii a year ago but because it was early access or so I stayed away until now.

- What introduced you to RimWorld?
Dwarf Fortress being unplayable 2 years+ into the game even with all the precautions because its not multi-threaded so always interested in modern alternatives. RimWorld is of course mentioned a lot in the DF community.

- What's your favourite other game?
Dwarf Fortress and Paradox Games (Hoi3 BICE and Victoria 2 but the others too).

- Most embarrassing gaming-related story?
I backed Star Citizen (no ragrets).

- What kind of breakfast cereal is the best?
My breakfast is coffee and I don't put cereals into it.

SzQ

Usually contemplating my personal spacetime reality at
stream

Razbari

Hey friends, I'm Razbari. I've been on the rim for over a year now. I'm bored working holiday hours at work and decided to check out the Ludeon forums. I lurk on the reddit page a lot but I heard the real cool cats are on the forum.

Kiter5

I just started playing Rimworld last Month. (I came here looking for info on sensory mechanites)

My college age son introduced this game to me. Sometimes I play Civ5, but I generally don't play computer games. I prefer tabletop games.

no funny/embarassing gaming stories.  (I'm still learning all the buttons here)

In the real world I am the head seamstress for a companies that designs things like Radio Straps for firefighters

(but Rimworld AIs all think my goal in life is to be a chicken breeder. )

Fruity Pebbles is the best.

BatCon14

Hello! My name is Bat
I was introduced to Rimworld through YouTube I searched for a survival building and there it was, the holy grail of my life that beautiful game that is Rimworld.
My favorite other game has to be either Europa Universalis 4 or Heqrts of Iron IV
No funny stories (that I can think of)
In the real world I am an avid student
I usually don't eat breakfast as I enjoy a nice hot coffee in the morning but I would say my favorite cereal would have to be Frosted Flakes

Cincoventry

Hi Im Chris, im 30 and from New York. Im an Arborist and Eagle Scout. I have degrees in biology and environmental science. Your game is awesome, I love the complexity of the systems youve created. Please keep the living biomes in your games as biologically diverse as you have in this game. Id like for animals to exhibit some more realistic behaviors. Less mad squirels, wolves in packs, bears mostly being solitary, Megaufaunna affecting surroundings due to their size. Birds such as waterfowl and songbirds for meat and ambiance. Just some suggestions. I have no modding experience but would love to become a biological consultant to video game industries but dont know how to become involved persuing my current career track. Otherwise I will keep giving little hints to people where possible to try to make the video game industry set a higher standard when depicting nature. Keep making wonderful art Ludeon Studios!!

OopsLoops

Good morning RimWorld! or Good evening!  :)

and I thank you for nice game! I playng from japan (yes, Im japanese. sorry my bad english, its not well)

I love this game, becouse I like TRPG game and analog game. This Rimworld having good point of those too much. this huge volume is cant process by human hund... only computer can process it. it result is...It is  endless fun!

I say thank you instead my introduse. I am one of somebody loving this, its all.  8)
Good morning, RimWorld.
living in japan. im not well english.

Bullethead

Quote from: Tynan on September 16, 2013, 11:54:27 PM
Say as much or as little as you like.

I'm old.  I learned programming with punchcards.  I've had an interesting life although it's never amounted to anything.

One of my nephews gave it to me for my birthday recently.  I've played a number of games kinda like this over the years but nothing so twisted.  And I mean that in a good way.

For the last few years it's been Kerbal Space Program, although I've recently gotten heavily into Kingdom Come Deliverance now that it's finally out.

Spilling half a gallon of beer on my keyboard at an Aces High convention.

Oatmeal.