Introduce yourself!

Started by Tynan, September 16, 2013, 11:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattorious

Hey there. I'm Mattorious from California, and I... Eh... Huh...

What do I say here again? Something about myself? I was thinking something like being absent minded, but... eh...

Anyway, I was drawn to this community because of Tynan's communication with his playerbase. It's really one of the best game forums I've seen because of that. So, now you guys have me. :D
Quote from: wooaa on December 11, 2014, 11:52:49 PM
I love the mindset of gamers. Given a new feature to help keep our people alive and make the game more realistic, the first thing we think of is a way to kill people with it

JotaR

Hi , finaly bought the game, tryed a lot, as paypal wasnt working for my card, but i got another one that worked. Now i can enjoy this game.
Greetings from Brazil, and welcome to all to our Soccer World Cup, hope you enjoy!
Thanks Dev, for this game, hard work and updates.
Now i ll go enjoy this! bye

d_v8

hello!
I dont really know how to say it ... I ve never played DF because its too damn ugly  :-[
So I'm really (really) glad this game came along, even though I don't reckon this game as DF's reboot from SciFi era (or do I ?).
still, love this game since alpha 254b, I could just keep playing my old stuff and I love the incredible pace of updates you have oO
tchuss!

and thank you !
A frag grenade is a always an option.

Scotty

Ello,
I am scotty
Native yorkshireman here.
I backed rimworld during the kickstarter and i have followed it ever since.
I make videos on the updated gameplay almost every alpha to show people what has changed :D
Not sure what else to put
See you all the forums!

MuscularTeeth

Hi I am MuscularTeeth.
I live here in south australia.
I am an artist and you can see my work at muscularteeth.com (or type muscularteeth in FB).

I love all forms of PC gaming and have always wanted a game like this. I bought it only a few days ago and already sunken hours into it.
Very pleased to see the community vibe here is active and seems the game is moving in the right direction.

Nice to meet you all.

Jostino

I follow RimWorld from a bit, but I introduce myself only now. Sorry for that.
Hi, people know me like Jostino or Enne on the web. I'm Italian and I like a lot this game. I hope to see the grow up of this game in few time.

Bye at all

milon

Oh yeah, the introduce yourself thread!

I've been lurking since my buddy hooked me on RimWorld Alpha 2 (he was a Kickstarter).  This was just a couple days before Alpha 3.  I'm a citizen of 2 countries in North America, a hobby coder, and a lover of sim/strategy/sandbox games.  You can see why I automatically loved RW.  (Note to self: Check out Dwarf Fortress sometime!)

Cronan

Mmmyellow Rimworld community. Im Cronan, /wave, n i reside in aus.
I'm extremely new to Rimworld  (been playing since friday) and i can already feel the addiction taking hold :)

-What introduced me to Rimworld or this style of game?
I have always been a fan of RTS games and city builders. I have just finished playing Tropico 5 and have been messing with Prison Architect. Seen this on youtube and wanted to give it a try.

-Whats your favourite other game?
It will be Half-Life 3 one day!

-Most embarrassing gaming-related story?
I dont really have one... worth telling.

-Best breakfast cereal?
Im torn between Milo cereal and Coco Pops

Anywho, thats me in a brief nutshell
Nice to meet u all :)
tc, happy hunting

nazfalas

Hey guys,

I just joined the Rimworld community after buying the game.
Sandbox/city builder games have become a real addiction with games like Towns, Gnomoria, Terraria, Edge of Space, Starbound, etc. (although all very different) and Rimworld is way on top there. Loving it already!

I'm a German university student studying political science btw.

FailingGamer1

Hey guys in FailingGamer1 from England
What introduced you to RimWorld? Or to this style of game in general?
ive always loved strategy games and used to play a lot of civ5 and prison architect, i stumbled across this game thanks to Yogscast Sips who's just started a lets play of it and i loved how it looked and decided to check it out for myself and now in addicted

-What's your favorite other game?
atm the other games im playing is starbound and pixel piracy

i guess the first time I played this, i picked randy random just to check it out i was 5 days in fought of a couple of raids and had 5 colonists tbh i thought i was doing pretty well for myself, then randy threw me a curve ball i had an imediate raiding party not long after a psychic wave that sent all the muffalos at me and my colony got wiped out

-What kind of breakfast cereal is the best?
i dont rely eat breakfast

ShivaFang

Hi I'm Justin, AKA ShivaFang.  I've also been tinkering with game making as a hobby, but I launched a company doing so a few years ago.  Haven't published anything noteworthy (yet).

My room-mate told me about this game - I was looking for something in this genre after he started a Let's Play series of Banished.  He said Banished doesn't have a whole lot of depth and wasn't worth the money.  Dwarf Fortress is too complicated for me, I can't get around the UI.  He recommended this and Prison Tycoon (I think it was Prison Tycoon, but I'm not sure I just know it was a Prison game) based on Let's Plays he has watched, and after watching a bit of splattercatgaming's lets play I decided to pick it up.

My favourite other game varies, as I tire of games and find new game and then go back to old ones.  I'm currently playing a lot of Factorio.

tragicbunny01

Hi guys i am matthew and i am new to rimworld and i have one question how do you update rimworld because i really want the new version but i can not get it.

narkul

Hello everyone. Loving this game so far. I will really enjoy watching it develop.

What introduced you to RimWorld? Or to this style of game in general?
I'm always on the hunt of good sandbox strategy games. Saw it on RDBK, I think.

What's your favorite other game?
Tough one there. Maybe Crusader Kings II. Love farting around in Minecraft though. A toss-up.

Most embarrassing gaming-related story?
I cannot play horror themed 1st person games. Just can't stomach it.

What kind of breakfast cereal is the best?
Any cereal with nuts, oats, grains and maybe a few flakes of something.

SonnySynth

Hello, my name is Sonny and I am from the U.K, SonnySynth is my nick as I am a big fan of chiptune & synth music and I have been playing/writing electro/chiptune for nearly 35 years and coined a phrase some years ago "relaxtune" which is a mixture of chillout and electro, something not too far away from the music in RimWorld. I have also been gaming since 1982 with my first gaming experience on the old ZX81 with which I lost an entire weekend inputting code from a magazine to make a primitive "blitz" style game.

Up until last year I worked for one of the UK's top custom PC & component outlets as their UK Sales & Customer Service Manager but had to leave due to serious illness. After two long years of prodding and poking I was found to have cancer and I am pleased to say that after 6 long months of intensive Chemotherapy and surgery to remove a large tumor from my groin, I finally have the all clear. Unfortunately the surgery has left me wheelchair bound for the most part, hopefully this will improve with time.
**The reason I have included this in my intro is to raise awareness of cancer, I am sure that Total Biscuit (recently diagnosed with bowel cancer) will agree with me that you never think it will happen to you until it does thus reinforcing his advice that "Everybody needs to get checked"**

Ok enough of my bio (thanks for sticking with it), on to the questions;

-What introduced you to RimWorld? Or to this style of game in general?
I stumbled upon RimWorld whilst processing a batch of Greenlight games a few days ago, it immediately struck me as my kind of game and after watching a few YouTube videos decided to buy it and have been engaged ever since, in fact I am already thinking of modding. I have always had an interest in management/RTS/TBS games with construction & tycoon games highest in my preference.

-What's your favorite other game?
I cannot single one out to be honest, Chaos, Populous, Theme Hospital, Alpha Centauri, XCom (all of them) Minecraft, The Sims(all of them), Terraria, Prison Architect & Roller Coaster 1,2 &3 Tycoon just to name a few.

I met Peter Molyneux (the legendary game designer) at a convention and confused him with Julian Gollop (another legend), after ranting on about how awesome Chaos was and still is he replied "I think you have me confused with someone else" /facepalm

-What kind of breakfast cereal is the best?
Crunchy Nut Cornflakes, crushed and mixed with Swiss Muesli and ice cold milk

HigginsSamuel

Hi there my name is Sam (online name for pretty much everything is HigginsSamuel)

I found out about RimWorld through Yogscast Sips playing it.
I have always loved simulation/building games so this game is one of my favs already.
Another few games I love to play is Minecraft, Game Dev Tycoon and Banished.
I've been into making websites and videos for a while, so I may start up a RimWorld Fansite :)