Introduce yourself!

Started by Tynan, September 16, 2013, 11:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rufffy

hi guys,

i come from germany, so its not easy for me to write english very well so pleas dont look at the gramma.

My fav games at the moment are "Prison Architect" i love this kind of gameplay and the style of grafic.
For few mounth i switched the genre to indie games and iam lucky to spent my freetime in it.

Why Rimworld... i had hurt my leg for few weeks so i had time to search the internet (kickstarter) of new nice gameprojects.
So i found rimworld and i was suprised wich great idea it is. it needed no longer time and i backed it. long story short its a nice looking game and i love it to construct and build something up. This game have tons of potential to make it awesome =)

rsdworker

-What introduced you to RimWorld? Or to this style of game in general?
i saw this its was looked great because i known prison architect which is
hello all - i am rsdworker - i am commonly found in most forums or Second life and etc also from UK

very simllar to this but this one looks very cool 
-What's your favorite other game?
Prison Architect and few others
-Most embarrassing gaming-related story?
none
-What kind of breakfast cereal is the best?
coco pops - that's my favorite

indi

Hi, from UK
Randomly found via an RSS feed
Backed
Registered
Posting :)

lolasaurusrex1234

Hi! I'm lolasaurusrex, and I'm a computing student from the UK.

I played Dward Fortress casually for a year or so, before deciding it was too complicated to stick with. I've been floating around for ages looking for a similar game with a style I like. I saw this game on Kickstarter and was immediately attracted to it.

My favourite games of all time are Morrowind and Counter Strike. Lately been playing a lot of Persona 4 on my Vita.

Bran Flakes all the way.

vincentcutillas

Hello Everybody, my name is Vincent. I discover RimWorld through KickStarter and I can't wait to get my pre-alpha copy! 11 Days to go! :)

To be honest, I was not looking for any game at the moment. However, a good friend of mine told me about RimWorld and after reading the kickstarter page I felt in love!

I do not have much time for games these days, I am starting my PhD... But on the top of my head the last game I have been playing is Clash of Clans.

None yet but I am sure it will happen in RimWorld.

Weet-Bix! :D

Barney

Hi everybody!

I'm from Paris, France.
I'm mostly a boardgames and a retro video games (8, 16 & 32 bit) player.
Since Counter Strike near 2004-2005, I haven't played on my computer!
But I like original games that allow a great playabilty.

I found RimWorld by chance, by searching a new concept of boardgame on Kickstarter. I was attracted by the "retro" graphics and the sci fi theme.

I really hope that the fund raising will help Tynan to make much as possible to improve his game!

Anyway, I think this game will occupy me and my wife (she plays too) for a very long time.

heng

heng here,

found it browsing through kickstarter, instantly liked the idea.
played ADOM for ages... currently playing DoomRL (still have to win once)
loved playing MUDs in the '90s

currently: DoomRL
all time: X-COM (the original)
for fun: Borderlands (1+2+DLCs)
online: Warframe

CounterStrike, online, a new map (for me, at least)... found a perfect spot to overview the level. fell to death three times in a row before i noticed the gaping hole right where i wanted to run through...

i'm torn between the three big C of the french breakfast (coffee, cigarette, and croissant) and just staying in bed until dinner... ;-)

SleepyFox

Fox here.

Rimworld?
Found it on Kickstarter, kind of at random. Being a lover of buildy-type games (and as much as I love DF, the interface is unfathomable, so I tackle it every... six to eight months.) and fortress games and little strategy games, I saw this and was all starry-eyed. Being a streamer (insomniacgamers.net), I jumped on the opportunity to see if I could give this beautiful little beast some loving coverage. It's been a hit (both personally and with the community) so far and with how solid everything is already, it can only get better and better.

Favorite other game?
I honestly can't easily choose any single favorite. I jump around a lot. I revisit old favorites. If I had to really think about it, Total Annihilation is probably still tops my list. Genuinely fun RTS with concepts like physics-governed cannon shells, 3-d terrain, and persistent wreckage of destroyed units. Beautiful. Nothing like seeing a forest filled with smoking hulks after a big fight.

Embarrassing story?
...I've made not one, not two, but three full iterations (and in two different games) phallus-shaped helicopters live on-stream. (The original can be seen Here and it's mostly safe for work if not for language. Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts)

Cereal?
Fruity Pebbles, Cocoa Krispies, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, smoked sausage and scrambled eggs, maple & brown sugar oatmeal, won ton soup. ... breakfast sometimes overlaps into dinner, and dinner sometimes overlaps into breakfast. But I think Fruity Pebbles are a favorite.
Streaming Games 24/7 @ InsomniacGamers.net

DeltaV

Hello, everyone! DeltaV here.

I've actually yet to back the game (Don't kill me yet, going to preorder RimWorld off the website later today), but it looks quite fun. I found the game on Quill18's channel, actually, and it seemed like fate because I was looking for a good Dwarf-Fortress style game and this one seems to fit me perfectly.

My favorite other game would probably be Civilization V, Don't Starve or Kerbal Space Program. I've been a huge fan of alpha-and-beta indie-style games ever since I bought Minecraft for like $15 years ago and got hundreds of hours out of it.

My most embarrassing story? Hmm, that's a tough one. Once in Kerbal Space Program I couldn't figure out how to fire astronauts so I put the ones I didn't want into a giant death rocket one by one and launched them to their deaths. In the Sims 3 once, my Sim's rug, laptop and oven all caught on fire at once, each from completely unrelated circumstances (The rug was too close to the fireplace, the oven was cooking food I'd forgotten about, and my sim had just unsuccessfully tried to upgrade his laptop), destroying half the house before anyone could put it out.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch is the best breakfast cereal.
Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Tarthus

I'm a 35-year old aspiring game developer from Columbus, GA USA. I'm in school for game development, with about a year to go. I'm into most genres of games except for sports. I used to be really into competitive fighting games until the local arcade scene died. Now, I play mostly co-op when I play multiplayer games.

I was browsing Kickstarter and came across it. I had visions of Minecraft and Terraria, but from the top! I like the aspect of the game having some sort of driving story, along with the survival and building aspects.

Mega Man 2? Castlevania? Phantasy Star IV? Not sure, but it's old...

I used to be a really competitive fighting game player (in the days of arcades). I was pretty good at Marvel vs. Capcom, and had even played in some tournaments. I even placed second in one. Marvel vs. Capcom 2 came out, and the first day I played it, I couldn't wrap my brain around the new four-button attack layout with the two assist buttons. Nobody in the arcade could until the end of the day. Long story short, I got beat by a kid who was spamming out his assist characters in front of everyone I knew in the arcade on the day we got it.

Of all time? Rocky Road. Currently, it's Count Chocula...when it's available.

Rabbit

Aye, fellow stranded ones!

Rabbit is the name and i am kind of a game developer myself, even though i am not as ambititous and only create small little gems, with small little editors and such. I also use to dress up as a rabbit and haunt the boards of promising games, yet to be released.

I saw it on Steam by incident and fell in love immediately. Then i watched some videos of it and was even more charmed of this gameplay-beauty.

This one is difficult, but i think Jagged Alliance 2 gets the medal.

In a conversation, i always act, as if i have no idea of nerdy games and stuff, even though i do...
Does that count somehow?

Breakfast? You mean the thing where i drink a lot of coffee, eh?

Nerhesi

I'm Sam Wissa.

I'm a 35 year old IT project manager in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Moved to canada from Cairo, Egypt 25 Years ago. Back in that country my parents enrolled me in some after-school basic-programming classes; except I was like 7 and the other students were 12ish, so all I learned was load *.*. However, I got hooked on the ZX-spectrum computer.

Got my B.Sc in Comp Sci because I figured if I like PC games, then Comp Sci seems natural right? Yeah - no. At some point in time someone realised I had a rare IT skill known as business/customer relations management; which threw me down the Business Analyst and PM path.

My earliest and fondest memories of immersing myself in PC games would be playing F19 stealth fight. Waking up early before school to fly and stealthy evade doppler and pulse radar installations.

Since then, I've really enjoyed the space/scifi genre of games; some of the best memories I've got are playing:

Star control 2
Xcom
Freespace
X3 (so immersive - if you're easily immersed. Thanks Germans!)

What introduced you to rimworld or to this style of game
I've been dying to find an immersive space city/colony/base/whatever sim and Rim World seems spot on. The site spacesector.com is a place I visit multiple times per day.

What is your other favourite game?
X3 is probably my other favourite game at this time.

Favourite Breakfast Cereal?
Whatever my wife gets but it used to Cinnamon Toast Crunch

most embarrassing game related story?

Got a couple of short ones:

While playing Sims Medieval (Hey! I like story driven and immersion! Don't hate!) - "My" character, the wizard, finally got to marry the Bard. Later that night during their first bedroom experience, the Bard got preggo. I threw up my hands and exclaimed "the hell you are! Time to reload". My brand new Shiney wife was sitting in my office on her iPad. I had to explain why children required a "reload".

The second scenario was while playing Crusader Kings 2.

Sam (talking to the screen): "What a stupid woman! Oh well, time to die wifey"
Real Wife: "Sorry?"
Sam: "Baby no, my in-game wife suddenly decided to have less sex so I gotta kill her." (fertility reduction! No! Bad!)
Real Wife: "..."
Sam: "It's ok though because my mother hates her... so win win. Also, she's actually older than my mother I only married her cuz I had to. Now it's time to find a hotty!"
Real Wife: "You play terrible games..."

Helpful

Hi, I'm Will Mulvey.

I'm a 24 year old Actor/singer, born and bred in the UK I'm currently in a Comedy sketch show in London, called Newsrevue. Biggest aim is to do voices for games and also play them. Does that make me a narcissist?

-What introduced you to RimWorld?
I was browsing Kickstarter, as i love the idea of it! I've loved the crowd funding idea ever since Star Citizen.

Apart from the Final fantasies when i was younger, I have to say Binding of Issac recently. It was my first introduction to Roguelikes. LOVE THEM.

I got caught using the moveobjects_on cheat, by my parents while playing the sims. I got banned for a while. You all know what i mean!

Crunchy Nut Cornflakes. They are Ludicrously tasty!

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Kelfka

Hi all,
I'm a 32 years old dad gamer. I.E. I only have time to play when the kids are asleep. Computer tech by trade, I fix computers all day for kids who are learning how to do my job.

What introduced you to rimworld or to this style of game?
I'm a Kickstarter fan and earlier this week I told my self that I would like to play a casual, top down colony survival sim. And what do I find the next morning on Kickstarter? You guessed it!! Rimworld!
-Thou shalt not ignore a sign from the Void gods.

Top 5 games of all time (in no specific order)
- Dune 2
- UFO: Enemy Unknown (X-COM)
- Homeworld
- Fallout
- Doom (still remember the cheat codes: idkfa and iddqd)

Favourite Breakfast Cereal?
I used to eat cereal every morning up until I started becoming intolerant 2 years ago.

Most embarrassing game related story?
- Doom: When I learned that I was playing the demo for all these years.