Ludeon Forums

Ludeon Forums

• May 30, 2020, 02:37:46 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57]

Author Topic: Introduce yourself!  (Read 183160 times)

2532wz

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce yourself!
« Reply #840 on: February 03, 2020, 11:47:09 PM »

'm from China and I knew for the first time that this game was still a pirate.In a club activity, my classmates gave me this game. Without Chinese, English is like a book without words.After playing this game, I am deeply fascinated by this game.I thought he was amazing, and I built the house appliances bit by bit, and the sense of accomplishment was unparalleled.When I was in college, I had a lot of autonomy. I could spend my money freely. I found this game on steam.

PrinzFeuer

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: February 10, 2020, 04:42:29 AM »

Heya I'm Prinzfeuer 31 years old and I play games since I can remember, basically all my life.
I am not stuck to any genre and play games of all kinds as long as they are fun :D
At recently I started my own YouTube let's play channel doing mostly RimWorld Videos, so that was a big step for me.

-What introduced you to RimWorld? Or to this style of game in general?
I found RimWorld through some friend that only wanted to show me how awesome his killbox works (I really hate killboxes and think they are no fun xD ). But the Rest of the game appealed to me very much.

I really love the stories and random sh** RimWorld can generate at times so I started playing it heavily... then I stumbled over the modding... and never stopped because of the really ambitious and cool mods that found their way into the community!

-What's your favorite other game?
I love the new and the old XCOM Games. They always got me hooked :)

-Most embarrassing gaming-related story?
The many times in the old "Planescape: Torment" game where you can just screw up the whole playthrough. Can't recall them all, sorry ;)

-What kind of breakfast cereal is the best?
I'm a big fan of "Choco Crispies" :D

ManHuntingSquirrel

• Colonist
  • I'll destroy all humans.
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: February 10, 2020, 11:15:58 PM »

A wild human from my manhunting outpost asked me to write this for him.

I used to watch a Youtuber that played strategy games, but the only one that really interested me was Rimworld. I watched all his series and painfully waited for him to upload a new video as soon as i finished the newer one.

Red Dead Redemption 2. I got spoiled the ending because i'm dumb and purposefully opened spoiler-flaired posts in Reddit thinking it wouldn't be
a big deal

When i entered the Glow in Fallout 1 without Rad-Away and softlocked because all my saves where from when i was inside. Had to restart the entire game. Other candidates could be the previous RDR2 story and when in said game i overwrote my 91% for one with 15%. Just today i finally reached that porcentage in my third playtrough

Communion wafers
- The Squirrel-Llama Manhunting Association CEO

Artfactial

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: February 26, 2020, 10:57:37 PM »

Hello,
I thought I'd register here as I still prefer forums as a means of discussion.
I'm working on a Star Wars ship extension/add-on for SRTS Expanded and reading up and making use of the wealth of knowledge here will help a bunch.

Flu007

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: February 27, 2020, 10:15:17 AM »

Basics: Middle aged/Belgium. Night Owl, Neurotic, Undergrounder.

Heard talk about it on a Twitch stream while it was still in early access, but while I was in a stretch of a few years where I wasn't playing any games. Remembered it some time last year, when the gaming bug had gotten hold of me again, and finally picked it up.
This style of game... Always been drawn to management/sim games, ever since my early gaming days. (I remember letting the rather obscure SimLife run overnight on my early 90s potato PC at about 1 tick per 10 seconds in several feeble attempts to create a healthy eco-system. Never did manage to get there.)

If I had to pick one, probably the original XCOM (UFO Defense.)
The game (series) I spent the most hours in over the years would be the Football Manager series, though I haven't played it in a handful of years.
My gaming taste does have some variety, but I am often drawn to open-ended games, where it's all about the journey/evolution, and I can dig into it for a few hundred hours and decide for myself when the game ends.

Can't really think of anything specific. Except, perhaps, that I come from a time where it was pretty normal to feel a bit embarrassed admitting to people you'd rather stay home and play games instead of going out. Glad to see that time is pretty much over.

I haven't had cereal in 20+ years, but used to be a standard Kellogg's Cornflakes guy, with cold milk and way too much brown sugar. These days I rarely do breakfast, but if I do it's pastry from the local bakery.

arimatoko

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: March 30, 2020, 08:34:07 AM »

Hi all, I'm arima glad to be apart of the group here ;)
gclub

LovelyA72

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: April 18, 2020, 02:54:03 PM »

I am a casual rhythm gamer.

What introduced you to RimWorld? Or to this style of game in general?
Searching around Steam and I found this game.

What's your favorite other game?
osu! definitely!

Most embarrassing gaming-related story?
I brought both steam version and DRM-free version of RimWorld without knowing you can transfer your DRM-free purchase to Steam.

What kind of breakfast cereal is the best?
Captain Crunch, don't even think about arguing with me.

miktay811

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
Medieval Uploads On Rimworldbase for 1.1?
« Reply #847 on: April 24, 2020, 01:31:57 PM »

Hi - I am new and I'm having trouble being able to comment on RimworldBase.com (disqus won't send me a confirmation email) or on Steam.  I'm looking for someone to upload a no-power mod(s) to rimworldbase.com for direct download.  I got my version of the game on GOG, so I rely on direct downloads.

I see a guy named sickboyWI has uploaded to Steam a mod "Medieval - Vanilla [1.1] but not for direct download.  I really want that.  Can someone talk to him about it, because I can't comment there either.  :)

Mike

Emily34

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: April 28, 2020, 11:53:49 AM »

Hello people!
happy to join to the forum ;D :D

lobz

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
    • my github
« Reply #849 on: May 25, 2020, 01:03:38 PM »

Hello there folks. Doing the thing with introducing myself shortly after joining. Haven't used a forum in decades so this is feeling nostalgic,

I've been playing strategy/group managing/city-building games for as long as I can remember. Have some very fond memories of managing a bunch of Lemmings to build things, or a bunch of Age of Empire peasants to cut wood and hunt for food... yeah actually I will never forget the thrill of kiting an elephant to hunt it with my squad of peasants in AoE. Ofc I also had a very intense The Sims phase; keeping a family happy and alive was so exciting, I always picked the poor family to keep it on the level of survival. Then I found my first rogue-likes and survival games like Pixel Dungeon and Don't Starve and I was instantly hooked, and now Survival is by far my favorite game type. Rimworld specifically was something I found on a Steam sale, but it pushed all the right buttons in my brain.

I'm not much of a favorites person... I also love adventure games like Legend of Zelda and pure building-puzzle games like Train Valley. But I'm inclined to say Don't Starve Together is my favorite. All it lacks is a proper base-building mechanic.

idk how to answer this. maybe that time I spent a whole month trying and failing to beat the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time, and when I had finally done it, my baby cousin came to visit and deleted my file, and so I've never managed to complete that game?

I'm into granola with chocolate milk, a drop of coffee and bananas.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57]