Introduce yourself!

Started by Tynan, September 16, 2013, 11:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richeygator

my name is richeygator-or richard-or richey-or gatorfang(whatevs)
i dont have a god complex :)-i promise :((everyone else is just jello :'()
i play a little bit of everything
i speak teh internetz when im talking in real life-including the z's
i live in the US so im prone to yelling ",MERICA" 8) for no reason
im also prone the fanboy swooning( ??? theres no swooning smiley)
im an amateur programer/game designer
SMILEYS :) :) :) ;D :D :o 8) 8) :-[
im bad at coming up with ending sentences
i won't have a god complex,everyone else has a mortal complex.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7248.0
play the first rimworld RTD

Noobshock

Hey I'm Noobshock.

Mostly old school RTS player (War2/C&C era), big time SC:BW player (particularly for the assymetrical factions and unit design), I also like production line type games such as the Settlers series, turn based strategy such as Heroes of Might and Magic (III and V being my favorites), I'm currently following Infinity Wars (best CCG model I've come across so far), RimWorld (Dwarf Fortress IN SPACE), Factorio and Prison Architect.

I also have a history with fighting games (mostly arcade/SNK) and FPS (I'm one of those people who liked Descent) but the first ones are few and far in between on PC which I'm partial to at this point, and the second haven't done much in the way of evolving for the past so and so years (thanks COD).

I'm pretty passionate about game design as a very holistic craft that requires both a good sense of what works artistically and from a systems/mechanics standpoint. Rimworld being close to the top of my list as far as interesting games in development right now.

Well there you go, hi.

EBrown

Hey all,

I picked up RimWorld a couple weeks ago, and I have to say it's quite enjoyable. I just launched my first spaceship earlier this week, and it is indeed quite a challenge.

I will say that it is quite addicting, and I almost would rather not launch ships. (Which I just started my first colony that is to be long term and not launch ships today.)

Thanks,
EBrown

ZephyrSly

Hello, people of Rimworld! Im ZephyrSly, but call me Zeph, its easier to type... and it sounds cool ;)
Nah, jokes aside - Im Scottish, and I'm sure I have a couple marbles missing inside my Data Processer... I mean brain! I tend to be a bit random, but love a good chat with people - don't worry I don't bite! Unlike those damn tortoises...
On another note, I write music and am currently studying music at college - I love most kinds of music, but when I play (piano mainly) its jazz and blues, but when I'm writing the music I tend to like doing orchestral stuff... go figure  ::)

YouTube introduced me to Rimworld. I had just come off of a re-kindled interest of Skyrim and its mods when I saw this game being played by a Youtuber, and I thought I just had to give this game a go. I'll tell you what Tynan, you made an awesome game!
The specific thing that got me into this game, was how the story is essentially driven, written and played out by the player. The fact that it feels like there is a story behind each and every colonist makes me really pang for a certain colonist after they die. I love it!

Haha, what's my favourite other game? Could you ask me a more difficult and evil question!?!
In all seriousness, thats a really hard question to answer. Stardrive is my favourite 4X game, Skyrim is my favourite RPG game, ArmA 2/3 is my favourite I hate you and you should die game... to be honest the list could go on. I love so many games!

Most embarrassing gaming incident, eh... would have been back in my PS1 days. I used to play this game called Magic Carpet, loved the thing. There used to be this one monster though, some kinda worm if I remember correctly, and I used to be absolutly terrified of it, so much so that once, when I had friends over and we were playing the game, I burst out crying in front of everyone. Looking back now, I'm so embarressed of myself.  :P

SHREDDIES WITH SHOOGER, LOTS OF SHOOGER. AND BLUE MALK.

Thanks,

Zeph ;)
SHOOGER, LOTS OF SHOOGER. AND BLUE MALK.

Thorin

Hi, I'm Thorin (not from lotr, it's a combination of Thor and Odin ;) )
I'm from the Netherlands and work for a logistics company.
I've studies chemistry, decided that it, although very interesting, wouldn't be my job for as long as I'm alive.
In the same time (while studying, pc's were coming out (xt's, 286. yeah I'm that old :D) )
Since that caught my interest too, I decided to start learning programming (mainframe and .net), later on switched to databases and now being a system administrator.
But that's enough about me, time to answer some questions.

-What introduced you to RimWorld? Or to this style of game in general?
Well, Blitzkriegsler and Yeti (both youtubers) did/do a good, funny and overall enjoyable series.
And I also tend to like this sort of games (sandbox/rouge-like)

-What's your favorite other game?
This question should be plural in my case, I've enjoyed in the past 20 years loads of good games.
I started with the general fps (wolfenstein, doom, unreal tournament's, C&C's). Went into the decennium of mmo-rpg's but got bored quickly (I've tried, honest). Now it's all about building, managing and surviving versus the environment. Just to name a few: Unreal World, Towns, X3:TC, Minecraft, Starbound etc.

-Most embarrassing gaming-related story?
When there is gravity and a hole present, I tend to end up barely alive in said hole.
Because I don't fear Gravity only the end of the journey.

-What kind of breakfast cereal is the best?
Frosties offcourse.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

Armed Mosquito

Hello Ludeon Team! & Tynan

First off I gotta say this game looks great of course I got the idea oh a copy but as I read deeper and deeper I found out how truly unique this game is compared to most even its inspired dwarf fortress game! I love the direction the game seems to be heading.. And wow I was shocked to see that they keep a nice google doc log updated for us to see daily whats happened! I was in search and in need of a great new single player game and this one seems to really be an eye grabber for me!  I myself am a indie game dev more or less in training but I love the fact it uses unity combined with Tynans tactical game engine! Very inspiring, so I have come to hopefully setup a home here and do a little modding in this community perhaps I can fit right into this place. Last thing I want to say is that this community is not only really big but also active! I can't wait to have already bought this game when all my steam buddies are checking it out! I will be spreading the word, and I will be excited to follow the blogs and change logs frequently! Thanks for your hard work Tynans and the team :)

happy to make my home here as the game grows!

-isaac k.

Shaden

Hello hello!

I'm yet another refugee of the Double Fine Spacebase DF9 debacle and at least I can say that something good did come out of that disappointing situation in that I found out about Rimworld from their Steam forums.   Suffice it to say that it was quite a blow to discover that what I was so confident in being a 'sure thing' because it's Double Fine turned out to be not like that at all, especially since it has become apparent that DF considers Early Access to be a testing ground for them as apparently they assume everyone who donates to their Kickstarter or buys into their Early Access is happy to throw money at them because they're so awesome and who cares if a game actually is produced, we just love throwing money at Double Fine just cuz it's so fun, why else would we do it?!  Ahem. Yeah, not so much.

Anyway,  Rimworld is the silver lining for me in this disappointing situation and surprisingly I've also managed to bring my husband along as well because even though he isn't usually interested in simulators like this, all I had to do was mention 'Firefly' and 'Warhammer 40k', then send him a link to the website and he was hooked.  ;)
"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allan Poe

sully9088

My name is Dave, I'm a 30 yr old gamer from the U.S.  I started playing Atari when I was 2 yrs old, and I never stopped.  I was a console gaming guy up until last year.  I discovered the huge world of PC gaming and I'm never going back. 

I heard of Rimworld by watching Scott Manly play it on YouTube. I've been waiting for this kind of game for a long time! Its so awesome!  I bought it a few days ago and I already have 16 hours in.  Its so amazing!  If you go mobile please consider Windows Phone!  Windows 10 will make it so easy to get it from PC to mobile!

Other games I play: Anything with survival aspect to it.  Haha!  Space Sims, fps games.  I'm super excited about Star Citizen!

Embarrassing game moment: In BF3 my friends and I were clearing out a building.  He came around the corner and it startled me so bad that I blew him away with my Remington 870.

If I am in the mood for cereal its honey-nut cheerios. Haha!

I also wanted to say keep up the great work! I like how there is a new update every 1-2 months!  You seem to really enjoy what you do, and you definitely do a great job.  Thanks man!  Oh, are you still going to hire an artist to change the look of the game?  Or did you do that already? I think the game looks great as it is!  I would rather you use the money for more features :)

zortan

some basics:

I enjoy playing games and exploring new things :) but spend way to much time playing games and messing around with new tech and programing , also enjoy playing rugby and other sports such as paintball le pew pew for the win , I currently live in South Africa , though travel around the globe when ever its needed for work and visiting friends :) my current job description is Biometrics developer aka I develop and work with fingerprint units that clients use in security and time and attendance , and a bit of web site development on the side and rebuilding Bikes xD ok that should do for the intro .

I ended up at RimWorld by visiting a friend and he had the game I had a look at it and played it a bit and well now I am stuck here helping with a bit of translating and such all in all happy to be around .

I enjoyed the X series of games loved the X3 : terran conflict , rebirth was a waist sigh .

Most embarrassing gaming-related story? I use to play competitive gaming in CS ( counter strike) after playing for about 4 days with no sleep I ended up using my hot dog as a mouse and screaming over the mic that my PC is haunted with a daemon from the local supermarket , aaa fun times .

Cereal hmmm I like all kinds :) though toast will do just fine as well :D

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

KR4K40

Oh hi there. I'm a freshly graduated student: IT, software programming, web dev, databases and such; and currently hesitating whether I should emigrate or not. France is boring.

I was introduced to Rimworld by a streamer, actually. Chris Ball, A.K.A. Sacriel. Dude's awesome and British, therefore even more awesome.

Other favorite game? S.T.A.L.K.E.R., no contest. FPS with RPG elements, open-ish world and organic, free traveling AI makes for countless of playthroughs, each different from the previous one. That and the modding community is pretty good on this game series. Don't tell me "Oh well you should try out Fallout then" DON'T. Fallout is an RPG and the combat system is terrible. I want my guns to feel like they throw LEAD down range, not wet sponges. Also, slow-mo autoaim? Really?

Did I mention I have a tendency to ramble? Also sometimes I get over 9k ideas a minute, only to forget them later on if I don't deem them important, which is often.

Most embarrassing gaming-related story?
Well it's not embarrassing for me, but more for its community. Meet World of Tanks, a game where a shit player like me who just knows the basics is statistically better than 82% of the playerbase  :-\

What kind of breakfast cereal is the best?
Corn flakes. A classic!
As Lao-Tseu said, watch the backblast you idiot!

synergy453

It's good to have some idea of who you're talking to. So, if they wish, new members of the forum can post here to introduce themselves.

Say as much or as little as you like. But you could answer questions like:

And/or put up ridiculous pictures, as you see fit.

I shall start below!

Hi my name's Alex. I'm 32 years and from Germany. I play games since the Atari 2600. But I really started to get interested in this simulation genre with Football Managers on the Amiga.
But I like to play all kinds of games and do so if I find the time (and I always do despite my job and my 5 month old daughter :)
I played tons of games but there are a few I always keep coming back: Startopia (thanks to the Steam revival), Dwarf Fortress and Space Station 13.
I also played a lot of Battlefield and TF2 and play them from time to time.
My favourite game right now (besides RimWorld) is Path of Exile.
I came across RimWorld in a comment on the news on Steam that Spacebase DF-9 developement is not going to be continued. I bought it immediately because the potential is obvious I fell in love with it. It's so DF-ey but with that nice UI. It's so awesome! I can even build my bases inside a mountain :D
I try to help with the translation but it's already translated really good (thx Haplo)

ToXeye

Hi! I'm from Sweden and I have played games since the NES/Amiga and PC games since Eye of the Beholder (which I wasn't supposed to play for some reason).

QuoteSay as much or as little as you like. But you could answer questions like:
- I played a lot of Dwarf fortress, Nethack, ZAngband, and other roguelikes - like FTL and Spelunky. I was Reading on the dwarf fortress suggestion forums, and found someone mentioning the pavement tiles in this game and how they increase movement speed. I do play other games, but I am mostly a collector of games when it comes to playing them. I enjoy management games a lot, aswell, so when it comes to this game it's a perfect match between management and randomness.
- My "favourite" game would be ... hard to tell. Favourites generally means you have a game that you play exclusively. For example, some of my friends only play terraria all the time. Some of them only play TF2. But I prefer to play different games a Little at a time.
- I have a ton of painted space marines standing on a shelf, so I'm a tabletop wargamer which means I paint figures every now and then.
- I have actually followed Tynan's example and installed Unity for 2D! It's going to be awesome.
- Most embarrassing gaming moment was when me and my buddy were playing Neocron during (Swedish). He dressed up in pink/magenta leather pants to embarrass me when he said "come here, let's go".
- My favourite cereal is that honey draped Oat, with a lot of milk on it. But I generally don't eat cereal.
- My favourite non-cereal is when someone has left over food from yesterday. Perfect nutrients and fills you well.
- My favourite non-cereal, non-leftover is making an omelet out of eggs and cheese. It's just to fill the stomach, really. I would rather eat real food.
- I also remember playing games online with people and them going "you asshole" on me. On the other hand, I had some nice interactions with people too. Neocron was my favourite MMORPG, or EGO SHOOTER as they wanted to call themselves. Sounds nice. A game for the egoists *sarcasm*. Or perhaps you shoot the egoists? Still, I remember the Malevolent Crackheads player killing me a lot down there in the outer parts of the city (Neocron). Actually just once because I didn't want to repeat the process, but still. It was a malevolent crackhead. He was not very nice to me.
Features everywhere!
e_  O:
/|   /|\

jidosha

been binge playing all weekend long. love it. nuff said. keep up the good work! :)

Moods

youtube.

currently, only RIMWORLD but game i played most other than RW is minecraft(modpacks).

my parents wanted me to become a true gamer, but i hated that, i wanted to be a doctor, so i got disowned.

the one with the bloods of my enemies in it.

interduction:
hey my name is moods

im 26 years old, gamer/programmer.

i like to play games and chill with friends at the same time, i know most of programming languages such as, C++,java python and pretty much few more im lazy to write lol

so... yeah hi
feel free to join the teamspeak server at..

voice4rw.ts.nfoservers.com

Psyclops

Hello all! My name is Rio but most people just call me Psy or Psyclops as per my IGN. I lurk these forums a lot and realize I should just introduce myself since I spend about 2 hours on here a day reading posts anyways.

The Kickstarter campaign of course! I had to sign up as soon as I saw what the game was like and it's awesome Dev. I've always love base-builders and survival so the combo has me in ecstasy.

League of Legends, it seriously used to be an addiction. Any of you fellow League players are welcome to add me, same IGN! I'm very kind and play the game for fun. You'll never find me raging over something as silly as losing a game. The reason I state this is so hopefully you'll get the message that I like to play with happy people, not ragers. ;)

Well I once almost beat this 12 year old at CoD MW2 but he was gonna f**k my mom so I had to quit. :(

Dude Crunch Berries all the waaaay! That texture! That flavor! (but they're a special treat, moderation is key)