Introduce yourself!

Started by Tynan, September 16, 2013, 11:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiolas

Not big on introductions.

My name's Tiolas. I've been playing Rimworld since Alpha 6.

Guess I finally got round to registering on this forum. Looking forward to reading some stories and even submitting some of my own.

ciryll77

Hello I've discovered this game on critically following my Favorite games: FTL, dungeon of the endless dungeon, prison architect,dwrf fortress etc..Il direct buy.Ce liked my kind of game makes me live these sensations that any next gen game brings i have 37 years I live in Nantes in france,.Mais what I like in this kind of game and studio, the developers as are accesibles.Bref I am excited to start this new adventure today with you camarade  ;D

FridayBiology

-What introduced you to RimWorld? Or to this style of game in general?
found Rimworld randomly on Youtube, Previously i'm a Terraria, SpaceEngineers, Payday2 and MonsterHunter fanboy.

-What's your favorite other game?
Terraria

-Most embarrassing gaming-related story?
Flew to China, noticed that a China version of KMart was selling MonsterHunter theme tshirts, I got a little over excited and scared everyone in the store.

-What kind of breakfast cereal is the best?
A mix of whatever i've got in the pantry, i've normally got a few different types (1/3 fibre type, 1/6 fruit type 1/2 muesli type)
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

NicktheGeek

Hi guys/Tynon,

I'm Nick.
I got into Rimworld after watching a video of Scott Manley playing it.
I love the 'cosy' feel of Rimworld and the whole concept of being stranded on a far off world.

I've recently been playing a lot of Kerbal Space Program and Xenonauts.

Porridge is the only breakfast cereal you ever need.

I like to support indy developers as I feel I get a purer gaming experience and more of a connection with the developer.
My ex-girlfriend used to work for Critereon games (now owned by EA) and understand what it takes to produce games of this quality - of which I have utmost admiration for.
I'm looking forward to becoming more active in the Rimworld community.

Ackapus

Hello world, I'm Ackapus

I started playing Rimworld after watching my buddy Zaakath play it all the time on his laptop at D&D while waiting for his turn to come back around.  Never played anything quite like this, although I have played the Sims, Civilization, and Xcom, which Rimworld seems to be a certain pastiche thereof.

My other favorite game?  Hard to narrow it down... Big fan of Civ V and Beyond Earth, StarCraft and Diablo, Portal, and was kinda into Halo back before Xbox Live made everyone a glitch-jumping bug-exploiting screaming maniac.  Was even a beta tester in There... not that it went anywhere.  My strongest gaming affinity probably has to go to C&C Renegade.  If only Westwood had hung in there....

Most embarrassing?  Well, when Renegade came out I was in college, and the net admin actually ran a gaming clan out of the computer lab.  Those guys had played C&C Gold back on Kali and dial-up 28.8 modems, and they followed the C&C franchise to the depths of EA's mismanagement.  However, he put together a team for Renegade, and I was on it, practicing in the lab during school hours and being more vocal than I should have.  Well, the entire staff of the computer lab wasn't in on the gaming, and after a particularly aggrieved death during an online match I let loose a string of profanities and heard a voice chastising me for it from across the room.  I jumped up out of my seat, ready to let more profanities loose, and saw the building manager staring at me as he was walking to his office.  To this day, I attribute divine providence to the wisdom I had to silently sit back down and watch my damn mouth.

Breakfast cereal?  What the hell is that?  Breakfast is any leftovers I happen to have in the fridge.  Cereal is for eating on a whim at any time except breakfast.
Bravery is not a function of firepower.

"'Son, be a colonist!'... is what Dad said to me.
'It's a cushy life and you'll get alien real estate for free!'"

Khazuk

Hi all,

My name's Khazuk, a gamer that comes in all shapes and sizes. Mostly round.
I'm a freelancer by trade, mostly fixing computers and digital art.
I also work at Logistics in the evening. So people will get their package in time thanks to me!
I also run my own community. But not just any community.
To let people get the gist of it : it's essentially going to be a steam-raptr-enjin hybrid.
A webshop for games and accessories, giveaways and rewards trough activity and guild page hosting!

I got introduced to Rimworld by a friend of mine, who got me addicted to an older Alpha version (4? 5?), it made me essentially buy the game for te newer content.

Currently my favourite game that's actually released is... uhm..
wait, I only play alpha games at the moment. But let's just say I'm looking forward to Star Citizens(Sorry Ludeon!)
I also play PayDay2, Diablo 3 and Warframe.
And I also practice this heresy you call sports. I shall not get into the details before I'll have a pitchfork in my buttocks.

My favourite cereal... I don't like cereal, so that should about sum it up :p

o7

john pretzel

Quote from: Tynan on September 16, 2013, 11:54:27 PM

Hello everyone, I've been around browsing this forum for quite a while, reading everything here and there, people's stories (funny!) and checking out mostly the mod section, which has many creative and caring people doing excellent mods. And so, being such an interesting game, I finally bought it.

Funny simple looking game, with very complex mechanics and a very interesting freedom. I love sandbox games - it's like lego in infant years.  :D

I also know Prison Architect, which relates to this game. Both very creative and attention catching. Mind over visuals, when the trend is to have everything HD...

My other favorite games: well, since the 80's I have some. From

Renegade and Back to School to 48k,
Alex Kid to Master System,
Streets of Rage 2, Pirates Gold, Centurion Defender of Rome to Mega-Drive,
Metal Gear, Resident Evil and Gran Turismo to psx
Gladiator Begins for psp
As to PC, which has the best game database ever, there's many, but I can't recall them all. (But Bethesda Games come to mind in recent years  :))

Indie games, I love Craft the World and I've also been following Space Engineers. This era has been booming with intelligent games!

"-Most embarrassing gaming-related story?"  ::)

CTD because my game exploded with so many mods! Or Rimworld related, watching the siege gangs AI charge my base with extreme hypothermia in the ice biodome mod.

Favorite cereals - golden grams and muesli type of cereals.

In conclusion - I'm very happy with my purchase and proud to support the game.  ;D

Stannis

Hello creators, modders, and fans of RimWorld.

My name is "Stannis" after the One True King of Westeros  ;) and I am a family man from Texas.

I got excited about RimWorld after watching some "let's plays" on YouTube of Alpha 8 and thought "whoa, this game is the next big thing!" Oddly, I found out later that I had already supported it on Steam, and just forgot about it, or didn't understand fully at the time what I was supporting.

My wife was kind enough to get it for me for Christmas, and I have been slowly working my way up from basebuilder to rough, and am thinking of using some intriguing mods soon as they update to alpha 8.

My favorite games are Elder Scrolls 5, Civ 4, and Heroes of Might and Magic 3.

I am a big proponent of getting RimWorld out on Steam as soon as possible in order to grow the player and modder base. RimWorld is more ready than most non-early access titles and is certainly among the most polished early access titles Steam will see, and is already for sale early access, just not on Steam.

I noticed that Ludeon was proud of reaching 50,000 sales of RimWorld, as well they should be since they started out with a plea to the community on Kickstarter and after a lot of sacrifice now have a gem on their hands. Why not even be more proud with 500,000 to a million or more sales on Steam?

In all honesty, I wouldn't have purchased this game because it was not on Steam, which is why my wife got it for me anyway. How many more people are in the same boat?

In addition to the shear size of the market, Steam has a couple of other "musts" for RimWorld; the top of the list is the Workshop. Ludeon must be credited for making their title readily moddable; in time I believe RimWorld could rival Skyrim in terms of the awesomeness of its mods and modding community; the Workshop will facilitate that.

I envision colony vs colony mods; fantasy mods, prehistoric "Civilization" mods, as well as mods to flesh out the details of the game in a way a studio, no matter how storied could match due to the other responsibilities of game production (think Bethesda and Skyrim).

I want RimWorld to join the likes of Skyrim and Civ V as most played games in the ever-expanding gaming universe - I call upon Ludeon to respond to the community that helped Kickstart its magnum opus and release on Steam as soon as possible!

Thanks!

Vonholtz

Hello all I am a 47 year old gamer and gone by the name on line Vonholtz sense the 90's. I loved games like civ and master of orion. Of late I have been testing games like War Thunder and World of Tanks. As well as some newer games like project zomboid. But I have wanted a game like Civ again.

So I have been watching a few youtubers and found Rimworld. Thanks to people like Falcon and MathasGames.

I am hoping to see more of this game and maybe make some suggestion down the line. Oh it seem my first game of rimworld is going good but it seem heat and sickness will take my first try. And it fun as hell even if I lose it all.

Cheers Vonholtz

Dianna

I backed a game on kickstarter, and when their forum heard I liked Prison Architect, they recommended Rimworld. I'm just trying to figure out a couple of things about the game before I buy it.

Civ, Prison Architect, Portal... SteamWorld Dig, Final Fantasy X, Pokémon, Titan Quest Gold... too many to list.

I am Dianna, and I like to play video games. *nod*

Halinder

Quote from: Dianna on December 30, 2014, 04:39:41 AM

I backed a game on kickstarter, and when their forum heard I liked Prison Architect, they recommended Rimworld. I'm just trying to figure out a couple of things about the game before I buy it.

What'cha need to know?

Kirkibost

Hi,

James here, absolutely loving Rimworld.

How did I find Rimworld? The props must go to Quill18 and one of his let's plays. Honourable mention to Splattercat and Falcon too.

I'm mainly a console gamer but love my strategy so Paradox games, Matrix etc are a big time sink for me.

I  love games that allow you enough sandbox to create your own narrative while still being at the mercy of harsh reality.

Just one question though, I'm having problems knowing how/where to patch the game to the latest build so any advice would be welcome.

carlgraves

Better late than never? I've been lurking around the forums for a while hadn't really bothered to post anything until recently. Now I'm workin' on the Cental heating Mod and getting back into Rimworld again, dat winter doe; "Its like it's a whole new game!" (tm).

Stuff+ (I think) smaller youtube channel I watch a lot of.

Love FTL.

Disgusting amounts of time spent in gmod. Like utterly disgusting, nearing multiple thousands level of disgusting.

cigarette and coffee (and i don't even smoke)

Dianna

Quote from: Halinder on December 30, 2014, 05:46:39 AM
Quote from: Dianna on December 30, 2014, 04:39:41 AM

What'cha need to know?

Whilst I understand that 'how hard it is' is subjective, I'm trying to get a feel for how hard it is because I don't want to give out this much money for a game that will prove too challenging--I've got a steam library full of games that I paid one to three dollars for on sale, and a lot of them got deinstalled because I couldn't work out how to play them, even after watching YT videos (and YT vids are guilty of making things look easy). Had I realised how HARD Portal 1 and 2's end bosses would be for me, I wouldn't have bought them, for example.

WarDawn_MB

Hi guys, From Paris.

The escapist and Prison architect, but I spend a lot of time on this French forum http://www.mundusbellicus.fr/forum/forum.php/, and they spoke about Rimworld saying that it was a good game,I thus made the first step.

Stronghold Crusader, The Witcher, Warband, Assassin's creed 1, Mass effect, Arma (2/3) RimWorld ofc.

Recently ? The Last Of Us when your daughter.. well you know.

" Extra Spécial K pépite de chocolat " Yep, french.
Baguette