[A17] CCP's Mods (2017-06-01)

Started by cucumpear, June 01, 2017, 05:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cucumpear

CCP's Mods

I'm terribly lazy about writing forum posts, so I'm just going to add all new mods here (as I remember to).
As a general rule you can find things on steam or github.
My Steam Workshop
My Github

Matching Embrasures

Embrasures for your enjoyment and protection. Originally based on skullywag's version, but at this point both textures and coding are original. The main difference to any other embrasures mod I've tried is that I do my best to ensure that they actually match the vanilla walls. This means that they will look like planks for any wooden materials, smooth for metals and like bricks for stone, no matter if the material is modded or vanilla.
As of A17 it appears that opponents will not have any more trouble shooting through than your colonists. Also embrasures might as well not exist as temperature is concerned. if two rooms share a wall that contains even a single time of embrasure you cannot place a working cooler in it. Makes sense, considering that there are literally holes in the wall, right?
Luckily the embrasures work just as well as normal walls for bedrooms, prisoner rooms etc.

Available via my Github

Storage Solutions

A number of basic shelves and crates for storing items. When building general-purpose shelving please remember to enable the items you want to store.
Also includes a nesting box for eggs. It will hold both fertilized and unfertilized eggs, with a default of fetilized at critical importance. If you place it next to a table people might even sit on the eggs.

Available via my Github

CCP's Storytellers

Both Reika and Bellatrix hit hard and fast. Call on them when Randy has turned into a comfy stroll through the park. Bellatrix might be less random than Reika, but don't underestimate her.
I highly recommend combining this mod with Marvin's Sometimes Raids Go Wrong for more hilarity.

Available via my Github

No Death Cooties On Armour

Colonists will no longer care if armour that's reasonably cleanable, i.e. made of metal/plastic, was worn by a corpse.
Please note that this will override all vanilla helmets and power armour and will be incompatible with anything that also alter these items.

Available via my Github

Doomalope

Boomalopes are weak, you say? How about some doomalopes, then? What could go wrong?

Available via my Github
ADS Patch on dropbox

How to install
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

License
- This mod may be added to modpacks as long as credit is given.
- Derivative mods may be created, including translations of course. I don't require notification but would like to see what people come up with.

Feedback is, as always, very much welcome.
This person might poke around in Def folders more than is healthy.
https://github.com/cucumpear

Cabdono

Those are some good looking embrasures, guess that's another for the mod list.

votex09

Embrasures are a go for me too, I hate the way others make them look...
Also, i thought I'd make a comment on your github.

It's clean and organized.  I can't tell you how much I appreciate good versioning and an actual visible releases tab.
Thanks.

MrWeeGee

Prefer these embrasure textures much more over the other ones, thanks for those.

Something of note though, are you sure they function as well as a wall when it comes to keeping the temperature in?
Both the embrasure mods I've used before A17 (ED, CR) did that just fine. Suddenly, A17, switch back to ED, and they no longer do so. In the middle of a volcanic winter and a cold snap, temps same in and outdoors, replacing the outer embrasures with walls makes the indoor temp shoot up. Does that for ED and this.

I'm not a modder, but went looking through the XMLs (of this and ED) testing different values, and narrowed it down that temps will pass through anything <1 fillPercent, or 100% cover rating, basically removing the embrasure's function.

In short, I don't think it's possible to have embrasures that hold temps anymore through XML modding alone. Maybe I misunderstood the description, or I'm wrong entirely. But after playing with embrasures since A14 with no problem, this caused me a lot of grief trying to figure out what was going on lol. Not-so-obviously, it was the holes in the wall. ::)

BlackSmokeDMax

SpaceDorf

@MrWeeGee .. sadly this design decission makes sense :)

@cucumpear I like your mods and will try my luck with Reika, because Randy was starting to bore me. But I think she needs a bit more Chaos in her Picture :)
How about mismatching nail-colours and the rat could have redder eyes and more visible claws
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

cucumpear

@MrWeeGee Seems like I fail at clarity once again. I though I expressed that they don't seem to count as walls when it comes to temperature at all. I did the same testing you describred myself.
I don't mind personally, I just use them as vents. :P
This person might poke around in Def folders more than is healthy.
https://github.com/cucumpear