Prevent visitors to cause disturbed sleep debuff

Started by Honeycone, June 02, 2017, 09:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Honeycone

Hello.

I have a barracks (several beds in single room) and a few visitors came to trade with me. They arrived at base during night time, so I figured I'd wait to trade until morning.

During the night, they went in and out of my barracks so many times that I got stacked with a 5x disturbed sleep debuff.

ReZpawner

Would be nice if we could just select where they should go. That way the damn muffalos wouldn't graze on my smokeleafs and shit all over my kitchen.

AngleWyrm

Or have doors that can be assigned authorized personnel
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

cultist

At least make them stay out of bedrooms. I had two caravans visiting at the same time and they spent the entire night just wandering in out of one guy's bedroom, muffalos and all. So rude.

BetaSpectre

I think it'd be best if the visitors don't cause sleep debuff, or temperature drop when walking.
Locks are very abusable.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

O Negative

Caravans shouldn't be able to open our doors in the first place... Those are our doors! >:(

But seriously, if there's no open path into the colony buildings/rooms, caravans shouldn't be able to get into them on their own.

BetaSpectre

Quote from: O Negative on June 02, 2017, 05:12:56 PM
Caravans shouldn't be able to open our doors in the first place... Those are our doors! >:(

But seriously, if there's no open path into the colony buildings/rooms, caravans shouldn't be able to get into them on their own.

The problem in the past was that people would create special room/halls as entrances when a caravan would enter into the hall to access trade players would build walls or otherwise trap them inside with locks. When inside the temperature would either freeze or more or less burn the occupants. Sometimes starvation worked as well.

The fix was to allow them to go through doors as they pleased, and to mine through any walls that prevent them from going out.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

O Negative

That's the kind of thing that should result in faction relationship loss. Like, -200, instant hostility, faction relationship loss.

That's my opinion :P

Thirite

Don't factions already blame you for any deaths that happen on your land?

eadras

It's a -5 faction hit per (coincidental) death. 

Limdood

Quote from: O Negative on June 02, 2017, 07:03:55 PM
That's the kind of thing that should result in faction relationship loss. Like, -200, instant hostility, faction relationship loss.

That's my opinion :P

I'm assuming you're referring to the "death rooms." the problem is that there is such an intangible, moving line between incidental and intended deaths.  Death by fire indoors is always intentional?  a raider thrown molotov might disagree.

TBH, i do think the game needs two checkboxes on each door that are UNCHECKED by default:
"Forbid animals from using door"
"Forbid strangers from using door"

just like tables and campfires have a "gather spot" checkbox.

By default, any colony pawn, colony pet, nonhostile faction pawn, or nonhostile faction animal (the ones owned by another faction, not wandering animals) would be able to pass through any door built, so that, to anyone who didn't feel like using this functionality, the game would behave as it does now.  But you'd have the option to keep colony animals from opening doors (no more huskies wandering outside their allowed zones to eat luciferium), the option to keep nonhostile faction members from opening doors (no more bedroom or freezer intrusions), or both.

If the feature is abused or forgotten in a manner that keeps nonhostile faction members from leaving when they want, then the fix ALREADY EXISTS for them to break through walls to leave.  If it was an intentional lock-in, well, you deserve it (maybe, unless you were trying to save them from raids, but thats a whole different can o worms).  If it was an accidental locking of a door behind them, well, thats on the player.

two check marks on each door, problem solved (impassable doors already exist from an AI standpoint with forbidden doors and raiders being unable to open your doors)