From what Alpha did you first start the game?

Started by A Friend, May 29, 2017, 05:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From what Alpha did you first start the game?

A17
0 (0%)
A16
9 (6.6%)
A15
19 (14%)
A14
10 (7.4%)
A13
12 (8.8%)
A12
10 (7.4%)
A11
3 (2.2%)
A10
3 (2.2%)
A9
3 (2.2%)
A8
6 (4.4%)
A7
6 (4.4%)
A6
11 (8.1%)
A5
4 (2.9%)
A4
7 (5.1%)
A3
5 (3.7%)
A2
0 (0%)
A1
7 (5.1%)
Pre-Alpha
21 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 136

A Friend

Just curious to see the stats.

Personally, I've been here since Alpha 8. Saw an LP of it on youtube and it reminded me of Dwarf Fortress. Got my hands on it afterwards and started my first colony.

Quote100%, Situations where you don't know what to expect creates the most memorable stuff.

My very first colony's story was the most memorable for me.
A few weeks in and a few raids later, I was holding up pretty well in the temperate forest. My group of 3 turned into a group of 4. Having plenty of fun and then a 1 man raid happened. It was a guy with a molotov. "You silly goose." I thought and sent out my two shooters. But before my guys can reach him, he snucked into a cryptosleep room and set fire to a pod. It blew up on his face and 9 space soldiers came out and instantly butchered him. My guys were on the entrance to witness it all.

"Oh sh*t" I thought and retreated. But the soldiers we're catching up and shooting at my guys. Without much cover, my men stood behind trees and tried to fight back... it didn't end well. They only managed to kill one soldier before getting cut down by the rest.

Meanwhile on my base, I was panicking. We had no guns and only have a knife and a single turret to protect ourselves. I called for help from two outlander towns and they sent us a total of 8 gunmen. Upon their arrival, the soldiers began their assault. Both sides took losses but the soldiers were winning.

I decided to uninstall a wall on the side of my base and snucked up on two soldiers behind a wall who were distracted with the fighting. My electrician stabbed one to death and proceeded to gun down the other who was giving my farmer a bad time. Now armed with an LMG and Incendiary Launcher. My guys proceeded to cut down the group of soldiers from behind until only 1 remained. Clad in power armor and a charge rifle, the surviving soldier finished off the last of my allies and proceeded to fire on my men. My electrician had his kidney shot out and was incapacitated. But the farmer went behind a nearby wall and shot him with a fire bolt. He then just stood there and burned to death.

With half of my base on fire and corpses everywhere, my remaining colonist broke before he could rescue his friend.

and I was hooked ever since then.
So, how did your first game turn out?
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

ReZpawner

Since RimWorld250Win.exe (kickstarter).
Edit:That version is:  RimWorld 0.0.250 rev28317, is that technically A1 or A0 ?

Shinzy

A4! A5 and A6 added clothing and hats and I was entirely hooked since

Draconicrose

I'm a bit of latecomer since I came on A13! Mostly from lack of hearing about the game. It's been filling my life since then.
I have a Rimworld Let's Play for you -> Let's Play Rimworld Playlist

Robb

Late to the party here.....Didn't start playing until A16....I sooo wish I had found Rimworld earlier as I had been looking for this type game for a couple years...no idea how I missed it for soooo long.

Acidrain

My first video is from Pre-Alpha Version (0.0.254).
But started to play the game way earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xatgaep20IA

Sadly pre-alpha is not even in the poll options.

A Friend

The last one was supposed to be pre-alpha in a bit of a jokish manner. But changed it now for clarity.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Listen1

I checked the game out on A3, saw some videos and it picked my interest. I got a "copy" of the game after that and on A8 I purchased the game. (30$ in Brazil is alot, it is 15 - 20% our minimial wage... But I still feel bad for that).

harpo99999

as one of the kickstarter backers, I can claim to have started with 250 on the 3rd of november 2013

SpaceDorf

I don't really know the version numbers ..

I tried early, when there were still those placeable farming spots to grow potatoes, when there was not much else gameplay,
then got hooked in late 2014, must have been around A7 or A8 ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

BlackSmokeDMax

Started on A12 with the *cough*other*cough* version. Had just recently been super annoyed with buying Planetbase and finding it not to my liking. Had even watched some Let's Plays of it, and really thought I was going to like it. Returned it on Steam easily enough thankfully. It did leave me a hair on the gunshy side though, as Let's Plays were my same experience with Rimworld as well. Roughly a half hour into playing, I couldn't get my info into the fields in the purchasing page fast enough!

Slye_Fox

DariusWolfe

Which version was it when it hit Steam? I came in right before that.

Tynan

I started with build 0.0.1! I've been here longer than all of you! Ha ha ha!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Names are for the Weak

Quote from: Tynan on May 29, 2017, 01:40:12 PM
I started with build 0.0.1! I've been here longer than all of you! Ha ha ha!
Pfft, I've been playing Rimworld since before you were born.