From what Alpha did you first start the game?

Started by A Friend, May 29, 2017, 05:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From what Alpha did you first start the game?

A17
0 (0%)
A16
9 (6.6%)
A15
19 (14%)
A14
10 (7.4%)
A13
12 (8.8%)
A12
10 (7.4%)
A11
3 (2.2%)
A10
3 (2.2%)
A9
3 (2.2%)
A8
6 (4.4%)
A7
6 (4.4%)
A6
11 (8.1%)
A5
4 (2.9%)
A4
7 (5.1%)
A3
5 (3.7%)
A2
0 (0%)
A1
7 (5.1%)
Pre-Alpha
21 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 136

Hans Lemurson

I started RimWorld last Fall with Alpha 15. 
Alpha 16 has been my dominant experience of the game.
Quote from: Tynan on May 29, 2017, 01:40:12 PM
I started with build 0.0.1! I've been here longer than all of you! Ha ha ha!
Typical internet bravado.  Pics or it didn't happen.
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.

DariusWolfe

Quote from: Hans Lemurson on May 29, 2017, 02:56:22 PM
I started RimWorld last Fall with Alpha 15. 
Alpha 16 has been my dominant experience of the game.
Typical internet bravado.  Pics or it didn't happen.

Shit. Next time I start a new game, I'm taking a selfie with the IDE open. In case I actually finish it and get insanely successful, I'll be ready for comments like this.

ReZpawner

Did you even back the game, or did you just "obtain" it in a different way, eh? Your name is in the game, and yet I bet you didn't donate a single cent to the developers.
You can't go through your life offering handjobs to everyone who owns their own studio, just to get the first dev versions.

Despicable.

Edit: I can't spell for shit.

Goldenpotatoes

I sailed the seven seas when I first found the game in A3, bought it when A4 hit.

Over 400 hours logged on steam and probably twice that amount pre-steam. Pretty good time/money ratio, I'd say.

viperwasp

First Alpha A11. Favorite to date A14. Currently Playing both A14 and A17. I bought from main site thus I have download copy of game. So I don't ever have to stop playing previous Alphas. I have a colony in A14 with like 20+ mods and I'm like 60+ game plays hours into the colony and some of the mods no longer exist so I still really enjoying A14 and will probably play it a little even after final release. I'm now putting together my own personal A17 mod list, still waiting for certain mods to be updated. A17 is pretty good.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Tynan

Quote from: viperwasp on May 29, 2017, 09:12:35 PM
First Alpha A11. Favorite to date A14. Currently Playing both A14 and A17. I bought from main site thus I have download copy of game. So I don't ever have to stop playing previous Alphas. I have a colony in A14 with like 20+ mods and I'm like 60+ game plays hours into the colony and some of the mods no longer exist so I still really enjoying A14 and will probably play it a little even after final release. I'm now putting together my own personal A17 mod list, still waiting for certain mods to be updated. A17 is pretty good.

I'm curious what's so great about A14?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Seeker89

Truthfully, I got a pirated version of A8 just before A9 came out. Then didn't play again till A15.... that too was pirated and I bought the game, a month or two after it hit steam. I love the game. I'm sorry I didn't buy it sooner.... 

Perq

Heard about it from my relative, went to main page then read some about it. Few YouTube videos, some streams (like 5 minutes) and I bought it. Early A16. V:

QuoteTruthfully, I got a pirated version of A8 just before A9 came out. Then didn't play again till A15.... that too was pirated and I bought the game, a month or two after it hit steam. I love the game. I'm sorry I didn't buy it sooner....
You can redeem your sins (derp) by telling anyone (potentially interested) you know about RimWorld. And if they don't want to buy it right away, tell them to do what you did, and then buy it and/or tell everyone they know about it.

Game lacking publicity is far greater problem than some people doing what you did and buying the game eventually. At least, in my opinion. :V
I bought it right away, but given the price as for Alpha game, I'm not really surprised someone would be hesitant to drop that much money (for, again, an Alpha state game).
I'm nobody from nowhere who knows nothing about anything.
But you are still wrong.

8roads

a14
The First Game I purchased on Steam.

(maybe we'll be allowed to drive really cool cars in the future since we've already got ancient highway/asphalt road?

Thorin

I think I started with A4. It was a long time ago ;)
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

Ironvos

Started at Alpha 6, which by now seems a long time ago.
Rimworld pretty much got me started on youtube as my main game.
Surprising to see how many people actually also got in during alpha 6, i'm not sure why though, was there any special advertising at the time?

MisterVertigo

I started in A9, but only a few weeks before A10 came out. I found some videos on YouTube and my curiosity was piqued. I have played lots of games on and off since then, but I always come back to RimWorld. I've NEVER had a game in all my life that I just keep coming back to!
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Ra_silk

Quote from: Seeker89 on May 29, 2017, 11:51:08 PM
Truthfully, I got a pirated version of A8 just before A9 came out. Then didn't play again till A15.... that too was pirated and I bought the game, a month or two after it hit steam. I love the game. I'm sorry I didn't buy it sooner....
Same for me, i saw The Yogscsat play it and found an older pirated copy of alpha 12. i did it because i was poor at the time and wanted to try it, bought it on steam a month later. i still haven't completed the game yet.

JimmyAgnt007

Could we have the release dates of those versions?  I made my account here prolly at the same time and ive been a member since June 17, 2014 so whatever that alpha was.

mew_the_pinkmin

I started at whatever alpha introduced temperature. First colony starved and froze to death after eating everything on the map. (including colonists)
NoBadOrganThoughts        BigBatteries        PlantSaver