[1.3] [ABANDONED] Annoyance Remover by Jebo v0.07

Started by jebo, May 29, 2017, 06:46:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jebo

####################################

I officially conclude this mod and updates for it. Thank you all 4,742 subscribers for years of support.

Peace out, yo!

Annoyance Remover
By Jebo -- v0.07

Description:
Removes annoying events so they never happen:
   -Solar Flares
   -Short Circuits
   -Infestations
   -Deep Core drilling infestations.

Nothing more , nothing less. Compatible with all your mods and doesn't require you to start a new colony. Enjoy a game without annoyances.

Despite this effect can be achieved creating a new colony with the scenario editor, I wanted to do this for colonies that are already running. Hence , there's no need for you to create a new colony to get rid of these events. As simple as that. All the mod ever does is change the chance of these three events occouring down to 0.

Compatible with 1.2 and below.

Author
This was made by Jebo. Special mention to the people at #rimworld-modding on the discord server. Without their help, I wouldn't have been able to release my first mod.

Download

- Steam Workshop [Steam Workshop Link]

- Alternatively, you can download the mod here (Google Drive link).

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Notes:
The mod is simple enough but if you like the idea and wish to include it in your pack, go ahead. All I ask you let me know and put a mention to me where the mod came from. That's all.

Changelog

• v0.07 -- Updated for 1.2
  • v0.06 -- Updated for 1.1
  • v0.05 -- Added to the list of removed annoyances Deep Drill Infestations.
  • v0.04 -- Updated for Release 1.0
  • v0.03 -- Updated for Beta 0.19
  • v0.02 -- Adapted for Beta 0.18
  • v0.01 -- First Release

Jakub k.

Dimbledorf

greetings, while i like the premise of the mod it would be good if you split it up.
i.e separate mod for infestations, separate mod for solar flares and so on
When will Tynan add goats, I wonder?

AngleWyrm

Would something like this be a good addition?

<!-- Dry thunderstorms last only an hour -->
<Operation Class="PatchOperationReplace">
   <xpath>*/WeatherDef[defName="DryThunderstorm"]/durationRange</xpath>
   <value>
      <durationRange>
         <min>1800</min> <!-- 1/2 hour -->
         <max>3600</max> <!-- 1   hour -->
      </durationRange>
   </value>
</Operation>
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Crow_T

This a nice little mod, thanks for making it  :D

If players think this is too OP yet at the same time want to reduce annoyances it's really easy to modify the XML file- I ended up reducing the chances of events happening from vanilla and added more time in between events.
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

RiseKnight

thnx, I hate infestation to the core cuz they always kill my hauler animals

jebo

Greetings, due to real life events and work, I haven't been able to update this earlier. Despite the link here isn't updated for 0.18 yet, the one on the steam workshop is. I will upload the proper links here asap.

jebo

All clean and tidy now.

Let me know if there are any issues here, steam or Discord (I check steam and discord far more often).

Necromenta

how do i download the mod from here? i cant find the link, only the workshop link

jebo

Quote from: Necromenta on November 27, 2017, 07:38:56 AM
how do i download the mod from here? i cant find the link, only the workshop link

Yeah I missed that, here's the link for you (google drive share)

https://goo.gl/tDh2aL

Mosart

jebo

Updated for B19 . Enjoy! And sorry for the delay (Real Life issues).

BurntBraai

i just senario edit those stuff out along with alphabeavers, cold snaps and heat waves but i will try this mod in my next colony that i make

jebo

jebo

Quote from: RedEyeTiger01 on September 25, 2018, 07:06:41 AM
i just senario edit those stuff out along with alphabeavers, cold snaps and heat waves but i will try this mod in my next colony that i make

I understand, but editing the scenario is something that not everyone thinks before they made their colony , and realize really deep into the game it's not what they want. This mod is to disable those events in running saves , as stated in the mod description :-)