B19 - Colored Sunlamps

Started by Menu, January 23, 2018, 08:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Menu

Updated for B19
Adds 3 new sunlamps, red green and blue, requires colored lights to be researched as well.

Download:
https://github.com/Menu-Rw/Colored-Sunlamps

License:
Feel free to include in any modpacks & or make derivitive use of this mod.

Canute

Just a sidecomment.
You know with a green sunlamp, your plants would starve.
Plant's that are green, because they reflect green and absorb other colous for their metabolism.

Menu

Shhh, we dont need sense where A E S T H E T I C S  are concerned.

Harry_Dicks

I always thought it would be cool if someone could make a sort of "night lamp" that would be for mushrooms that can't have light. Maybe just increase their fertility sensitivity, or work like sprinklers that increase growing speed. I know it sounds backwards, but maybe like a blacklight, and we just call it a UV light?

Menu

Mushrooms dont interact with light via photosynthesis as far as i know. The best you could do for them is increase soil fertility.

Harry_Dicks

There is the Pesticides mod, that ideas fertility. Also RIMFactory has automatic sprinklers that increase fertility as well. I was thinking of something like the sprinklers, and it could work like them with their zone, but it will look like a blacklight. If something lets off a glow, that still counts as light level, yeah? Maybe mushrooms need to just not be above 50% light, because there is still some light in caves, but I think it's only sunlight and sunlamps that make it up to 100% light to actually grow plants.

Canute

Dub's hygiene got sprinklers too.
But them all together and you will get an insane fast growing time.
In an old game i used
Skylights + hydroponic + sprinker to get a very low energy useing grow source with a very good grow speed. Devilstrang grow within some days.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Canute on January 24, 2018, 03:38:25 AM
Dub's hygiene got sprinklers too.
But them all together and you will get an insane fast growing time.
In an old game i used
Skylights + hydroponic + sprinker to get a very low energy useing grow source with a very good grow speed. Devilstrang grow within some days.

My next game I am going to try Advanced Roofing. It is like dub's Skylights, but you can also build a thick roof overhead, essentially like a mountain where raiders can't drop in.