[B18] No Boom Boom 1.0 : No more Boom Rats and Boomalopes

Started by WalkingProblem, January 16, 2018, 12:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exende

Is there a way to have a Boomrat/alope Not exlodw if it does from bleedout only, could theme if as a kosher vs nonkosher thing

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Exende on January 25, 2018, 01:20:08 PM
Is there a way to have a Boomrat/alope Not exlodw if it does from bleedout only, could theme if as a kosher vs nonkosher thing

You could just create a new animal with the boom texture of your choice, and not let it have the exploding comp (or whatever it is) for when it dies. Then you can define any aspect of it that you want, diet, birth rate, temperature range, etc.

Or you could also look at the boom animale's defs, and see what it is that makes it explode, you might be able to patch it out.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: RyanRim on January 25, 2018, 12:37:03 PM
Never used the pre-landing configuration mods, and maybe I'm just unlucky. But since Ive played tens of savegames on shrubland, I know booms are very numerous, together with squirrels and plain rats, if good climate then elephants and boars. I personally like them since I utilize them as shields in combat (yes, Im a monster), but overall they are not annoying animals, although useless.

Actually, if the boomrats are gone, their population will just be replaced by the next animal. Its doesnt really change anything in that sense.

And if you add my Wild Animal Sex mod, your arid life will be much better, since the rats will reproduce themselves.

Quote from: crusader2010 on January 25, 2018, 09:40:06 AM
Basically yes :) and I love having options (they are the best thing programming can offer to a "customer", in my opinion).
The ultimate goal is to have more animal diversity and not just "booms" all over the map.

The reason why there isnt is simple: i dunno how to do it yet.

I have yet to learn HugLibs.

But I will be learning soon, and launch a really crazily useful mod along with it.