[A17] Rainbeau's Fertile Fields

Started by dburgdorf, May 29, 2017, 05:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathstar

Quote from: dburgdorf on May 31, 2017, 07:54:11 AM
Quote from: deathstar on May 31, 2017, 05:05:22 AMI'd love to use this mod as an addition/enhancement to Vegetable Garden, from what I gather there is already some compatibility tweaks implemented in FF? Are there any actual conflicts left, or things from either mod that are made obsolete?

As of last night's update, you shouldn't see any problems. As is noted in the mod's description, above, make sure that "Fertile Fields" loads *after* "Vegetable Garden." Where the two mods overlap -- production of fertilizer, plowing fields, etc. -- the items and abilities provided by "Fertile Fields" will cleanly overwrite those provided by "Vegetable Garden." But all of the unique capabilities provided by both mods will be available to you.

Hot damn! That's the kind of streamlined, clean integration I love to see. Can't wait to try it out later tonight, thank you for your effort!

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: Draegon on May 29, 2017, 08:26:10 PM
Is there a way to have the normal colored Rimworld soil? I love this mod but the soil color bugs me for some reason.

Here's A17 dirt texture. You can just rename and replace the FF one if it bothers ya.

GlitchKs

Compost barrels finally actually require power as they were supposed to from the beginning. Without power, they will still function, but less efficiently than compost bins.

Glad to hear it. I like that it works with out all be it slower.

dburgdorf

Quote from: GlitchKs on May 31, 2017, 12:18:34 PMGlad to hear it. I like that it works with out all be it slower.

Yeah. Given that compost eventually becomes fertilizer more or less automatically, anyway, it wouldn't have made sense for the process to stop completely.

Originally, the only significant advantage of compost barrels over bins was being able to save space by converting 10 piles of compost at a time in a single tile instead of just one. But there was no time difference. Ten bins produced 10 fertilizer in the same amount of time as did one barrel. Now, however, with power, barrels actually produce fertilizer slightly faster than bins. But without power, they take twice as long.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Seiryuu

Anyone knows how to clear this "mud" and the puddles of water there? I can't find the right choice..

http://imgur.com/a/KgaDl

dburgdorf

Quote from: Seiryuu on May 31, 2017, 08:10:55 PMAnyone knows how to clear this "mud" and the puddles of water there? I can't find the right choice.

To deal with mud, marsh and water tiles, you need to first research "Terraforming." Then check the "Terraform" menu options for the conversion you need.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Seiryuu

dburgdorf

Update:

- Added "def-injected" language files to facilitate easier translation.

- Converting sand to shallow water will now leave behind piles of sand, as it's supposed to.

- You should no longer be pestered by error messages informing you that the game tried to place a rotted item on a null map.

- Rotted meat and mush are now recognized by the game (for filter purposes, primarily) as rotted items.

- The default soil and rich soil graphics can now be found in the mod's "Textures" folder. If you prefer the vanilla look, simply rename Soil.png and SoilRich.png to replace RFF_Soil.png and RFF_SoilRich.png.

- Cleaned up some behind-the-scenes mistakes I made in updating to a17. These changes will, unfortunately, break saves. I apologize.

- Added "[RF]" prefix tag to the mod's name for easier mod list sorting.

Again, this update WILL, unfortunately, break saved games. If you need the 5/30 version of the mod so you can finish a game already in progress, you can find it here.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

notfood

Thanks for the update, much appreciated!

Antaios

Found an incompatibility with Fluffy's work tab and the newest version of FF.

Seems the worktab doesn't like it when you have a workgiver def without a worktype or giverclass, so overwriting the vegetable garden "DoBillsUseDiggingSpot" with one that doesn't include that leads to errors (with or without vegetable garden).

I fixed the issue by removing the "DoBillsUseDiggingSpot" def from FF and instead making a patch with the new patch system:

<Patch>
<Operation Class="PatchOperationSequence">
<success>Always</success>
<operations>
<li Class="PatchOperationTest">
<xpath>/WorkGivers/WorkGiverDef[defName = "DoBillsUseDiggingSpot"]</xpath>
</li>
<li Class="PatchOperationRemove">
<xpath>/WorkGivers/WorkGiverDef[defName = "DoBillsUseDiggingSpot"]</xpath>
</li>
</operations>
</Operation>
</Patch>

Seems to work, so far.

Just some info for dburgdorf, or anyone else having a similar issue.

dburgdorf

Quote from: Antaios on June 05, 2017, 06:15:33 AMI fixed the issue by... making a patch....

OK, I feel like an idiot. Using patches to delete defs I want to get rid of (to eliminate awkward overlaps between the mods) is a glaringly simple solution, but it never even occurred to me. Thanks for pointing out what should have been obvious. :D

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Antaios

Quote from: dburgdorf on June 05, 2017, 09:28:06 AMThanks for pointing out what should have been obvious. :D

Glad I could help  :)

notfood

You don't have to test, then remove. If it's already inside a sequence that always returns success, just issue a remove. It won't show in the logs as warning.

Legion499

Rainbeau would you consider making it possible to put down Solid Stone Walls and Floors? Basically make your terraforming completely backward compatible. I really like the ability to smooth cave walls and floors both because I like the simple look and because I can make it livable without adding additional resources. That said, there's no way to add solid stone to the map yet... which is sad since that means I cant enjoy it without being on a mountain map. Maybe make bricks the requirement? Rock Chunks are no good since you only get a limited selection and number with no way to trade for more.

dburgdorf

Quote from: Legion499 on June 05, 2017, 08:40:52 PMRainbeau would you consider making it possible to put down Solid Stone Walls and Floors?

It's already possible to convert rocky dirt to rough stone (which can then be smoothed just like naturally-occurring rough stone). :)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?