[A17] Rainbeau's Fertile Fields

Started by dburgdorf, May 29, 2017, 05:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legion499

Quote from: dburgdorf on June 05, 2017, 09:19:47 PM
Quote from: Legion499 on June 05, 2017, 08:40:52 PMRainbeau would you consider making it possible to put down Solid Stone Walls and Floors?

It's already possible to convert rocky dirt to rough stone (which can then be smoothed just like naturally-occurring rough stone). :)
Annnnnd Downloaded!

dburgdorf

Update:

- Compost barrel "inspect strings" should no longer generate errors when the temperature is extreme.

- XML defs no longer try to inherit from core abstracts. (It probably wasn't creating any problems, anyway, but it's better this way.)

- Further tweaked "Vegetable Garden" interfacing and XML patches.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Antaios

I have a couple of notes on the latest version, Regarding VG patches.

Based on previous versions, I assume you meant for the Fertilizer Machine from VG to get disabled?
If so, then it's been missed in the patch changes, and shows up in the production menu.

While the digging spot is removed, It's workgiver is still there. Its not really a big deal, just noticable to anyone using WorkTab.

dburgdorf

Quote from: Antaios on June 09, 2017, 04:31:14 AM
I have a couple of notes on the latest version, Regarding VG patches.

I'll take a look this evening or over the weekend. Something in VG might have been updated or changed. (I'm working with the 5/28 version I downloaded from this forum, which looks to still be the current version here, but there seem to have been a few updates since then on Steam.) Or, of course, I might just have missed something myself. :)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

MisterVertigo

I just found this mod. I've been looking for a good terraforming mod for a while. It always seems like there is a moat or a pond RIGHT in the middle of where I want my base and I had no way of removing it. I'd always end up using the dev tools to remove it but I've wanted a less-cheaty way of doing it. I like that this looks like it will make my colonists "work" for this. I look forward to trying it out!
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

DariusWolfe

I've been holding off because I didn't really want a terraforming mod, but between you and the annoying subterranean pockets of mud and water in my current colony, I think you've just sold me, MrV.

At current, I've just built bridges over a patch of water in my freezer (thanks, Rainbeau), but I think terraforming them out entirely would be better.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: DariusWolfe on June 09, 2017, 10:36:29 AM

At current, I've just built bridges over a patch of water in my freezer (thanks, Rainbeau), but I think terraforming them out entirely would be better.

Maybe in A19 the patch just freezes over, like it should :)
And what about the moisture pump, have not used it in A17 yet, should it not get rid of those pesky wet and mud spots as well ?
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

DariusWolfe

It was deep water, surrounded by stone; I definitely don't want to wait a year or two to be able to use a section of my freezer, so the moisture pump isn't really an option I'm considering, if it even worked on deep water (which I've read it doesn't?)

Canute

You should fire the architect to plan the freezer at deep water. Couldn't he plan the colony a bit away from the deep water ? :-)
And no deep water you can't remove with the pump.

DariusWolfe

The deep water was right in the middle of a mountain; Just a few squares of water in otherwise solid rock. No way to predict that.

dburgdorf

Minor update. Got the pesky "fertilizer machine" to finally leave the Production menu. The interfacing between "Fertile Fields" and "Vegetable Garden" is finally now working completely, 100% as intended. Seriously. I promise!

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

SpaceDorf

Yay :)

Dear Mod-Fairy, I wish I could move the Rockmill around.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Arnold Rimmer

Hello DBurgDorf, i am getting this error: "Tried to place thing RottedMush823914 in a null map."
How did that happen? Do you need more info? What's a "nullmap"?
[Insert combination of words here]

dburgdorf

Quote from: Arnold Rimmer on June 12, 2017, 03:16:09 PM
Hello DBurgDorf, i am getting this error: "Tried to place thing RottedMush823914 in a null map."

You're using a version of "Fertile Fields" from before last Sunday. Unfortunately, the 6/4 update that squashed the "rotted stuff on null maps" bug also broke saves, so if you want to finish your current game, you'll need to put up with the (annoying but not otherwise problematic) error messages.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

hiepbg

Do i need to play new game with this mod ?