[A17] Rainbeau's Fertile Fields

Started by dburgdorf, May 29, 2017, 05:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notfood

Nono, overlook the extra mods. Those were going into the modpack along with yours. They were provided to replace the CompostBarrel and make a new Fermenting machine. Unrelated to the changes I want you to benefit from.

dburgdorf

Quote from: notfood on July 05, 2017, 01:39:27 AMNono, overlook the extra mods. Those were going into the modpack along with yours....

OK, that makes more sense, then. I thought the whole package was intended as suggested changes to "Fertile Fields." :D
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

ertzuiop

Is this error messages known?

Looked for nonexistent key VG_Compost in counted resources.
Looked for nonexistent key RawFertilizer in counted resources.
Looked for nonexistent key VG_PileofDirt in counted resources.

Its spamming my debug log.
Dunno if its caused by this mod or vegetable garden.

Canute

Make sure that "Fertile Fields" appears *after* "Vegetable Garden" in your mod load order.

ertzuiop

It is right after vegetable garden

dburgdorf

Quote from: ertzuiop on July 07, 2017, 08:54:18 AMIs this error messages known?

First question: Are you trying to load a saved game after changing mods, or is this happening with a brand new game?

Second question: Do you have any other mods installed that might be looking for the "Vegetable Garden" items that "Fertile Fields" removed?

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Canute

- I just notice, at dub's hygiene you can create "night soil" a 90% fert. terrain.
Could you maybe expand the soil terraform on marschy soil to work on any terain with 70%+ fert. ?

- Currently there is no way to remove ice. Basicly i can understood the reseaon behind, but since you allow to modify deep water, and ice isn't just frozen deep water. Why not adding a new terraform ice -> shallow water  10 dirt, but 2-5x so much work like the deep water terraform ?

ertzuiop

Quote from: dburgdorf on July 07, 2017, 09:44:28 AM

First question: Are you trying to load a saved game after changing mods, or is this happening with a brand new game?

Second question: Do you have any other mods installed that might be looking for the "Vegetable Garden" items that "Fertile Fields" removed?

Both fertile fields and vegetable garden were included with new game and with no changes in list order, but a couple other mods were added into save (just ones that are save friendly)
Cant tell if there is another mod looking for it. Installed quite alot in advised order.
Attached mod list

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

dburgdorf

Quote from: Canute on July 08, 2017, 03:02:03 AMI just notice, at dub's hygiene you can create "night soil" a 90% fert. terrain. Could you maybe expand the soil terraform on marschy soil to work on any terain with 70%+ fert. ?

I'll take a look at it. I probably won't add a generic "works on any soil of fertility X," as that's far too ambiguous for my tastes, but I could certainly add the specific "night soil" by name to the list of viable sources for that terraform option.

Quote from: Canute on July 08, 2017, 03:02:03 AMCurrently there is no way to remove ice.

I've never actually played on an ice sheet, but yeah, I should probably allow something to be done with ice.

Quote from: ertzuiop on July 08, 2017, 03:28:08 AMCant tell if there is another mod looking for it. Installed quite alot in advised order. Attached mod list

As I've told other folk with mod conflict issues and very long mod lists, I'm afraid I just don't have the time to work through a huge list of mods to try to track down a problem that I might not even be able to reproduce in the first place. The errors you're seeing haven't been reported by anyone else, so presumably, they're related to some other mod you're using. If you can track down which mod or mods are responsible, I can certainly look into it. Otherwise, though, there's really not much I can do.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

SpaceDorf

I have a simple one :)
Just a Wrong Name.

The construction of "shallow water" on "deep water" is called "deep water".
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

dburgdorf

Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 08, 2017, 09:15:08 AMI have a simple one :) Just a Wrong Name. The construction of "shallow water" on "deep water" is called "deep water".

Yep. Already fixed in the in-progress update, which really will be ready for release soon. I promise. ;)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

SpaceDorf

Great :)

But to be honest, I am quite content to Not Update a Bunch of mods every day.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Sefiriot

Quote from: ertzuiop on July 08, 2017, 03:28:08 AM
Quote from: dburgdorf on July 07, 2017, 09:44:28 AM

Both fertile fields and vegetable garden were included with new game and with no changes in list order, but a couple other mods were added into save (just ones that are save friendly)
Cant tell if there is another mod looking for it. Installed quite alot in advised order.
Attached mod list

You could try moving Fertile Fields to after both VG and the Seeds Please mods-- I see you have the Seeds Please Vegetable Garden version, and that strikes me as a potential source of the errors when loaded after Fertile Fields, since I imagine that whatever FF overwrote on VG, in turn gets overridden by Seeds Please. Try that and see if that solves the problem?

notfood

SeedsPlease and its addons don't touch anything outside their seed scope. Nothing gets overwritten, it merely adds content.

Sempius

Quote from: ertzuiop on July 07, 2017, 08:54:18 AM
Is this error messages known?

Looked for nonexistent key VG_Compost in counted resources.
Looked for nonexistent key RawFertilizer in counted resources.
Looked for nonexistent key VG_PileofDirt in counted resources.

Its spamming my debug log.
Dunno if its caused by this mod or vegetable garden.

I'm having this issue too! I believe (very innocently as I know next to nothing about modding) it may be because of deteriorating piles of dirt, sand, etc. And the game might be looking for those somewhere in your stockpiles but can't find it.
Also why would a pile of dirt deteriorate? lol
Great mod nonetheless!