[A17] Rainbeau's Fertile Fields

Started by dburgdorf, May 29, 2017, 05:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dburgdorf

Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 31, 2017, 02:39:24 PMmaybe the game recognizes the creation of impassable tiles as wall or door....

Just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten about the weird "roofs over deep water" issue. I just haven't yet been able to figure out a way to prevent it from happening that wouldn't also prevent construction of roofs over water when you *want* the roofs there. :(
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: dburgdorf on August 05, 2017, 05:38:08 PM
Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 31, 2017, 02:39:24 PMmaybe the game recognizes the creation of impassable tiles as wall or door....

Just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten about the weird "roofs over deep water" issue. I just haven't yet been able to figure out a way to prevent it from happening that wouldn't also prevent construction of roofs over water when you *want* the roofs there. :(

Thank you :)
Take it slow with this one, placing a "no roof" area is such an easy workaround.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

dburgdorf

Concrete has also been updated, fairly significantly:

- Costs for concrete and concrete walls, and strengths of concrete walls, have been rebalanced to bring them more into line with vanilla materials. Cinder block walls are now much cheaper to build, and are actually a viable option for quick wall production. Poured concrete walls are now comparable in strength to granite walls, but easier to build in bulk. And reinforced concrete walls are no longer absurdly overpowered, but rather are just shy of plasteel walls in strength. Thanks to Ludeon forum user KitsuneKas for doing all the math and suggesting how things ought to be adjusted.

- To appease those who liked the absurdly overpowered walls, one final wall option has been added. Reinforced plasticrete walls are massive defensive fortifications constructed from layers of concrete, steel, plasteel and, according to some, the blood of sacrificial virgins.

- Deep water bridges from "Basic Bridges" now correctly leave crushed rocks instead of bags of concrete when deconstructed or destroyed.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Canute

Quote from: dburgdorf on August 05, 2017, 05:38:08 PM

At first i thought it is a vanila behavior, auto. assign build roof over deep water, because deep wate is impassable, and this is the only way to get roof over a large area of deep water.

But then i thought, Deep water isn't buildable at vanila and terraform is part of the collection with bridges. So when a player realy want roof over deep water, he still can build bridges to give the constructors a way to build the roof.

So i vote, no auto. build roof on deep water tiles !!

SpaceDorf

DBurgdorf .. I came to complain.

but only a little.

The overall changes to concrete look really good. More in line with the rest of the game and the price and performance are fitting as well. And then the new name "reinforced plasticrete wall" sounds like Ian McKellen "You Shall Not Pass !"

What breaks the stride for me, is that the plasteel autodoor is more durable than the reinforced material.
While the reinforced plasticrete is more expensive and slower to open.

Sadly I can't remember the only quality that would make both equal .. is plasteel fireproof or not ?

dburgdorf

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 06, 2017, 12:46:07 PMWhat breaks the stride for me, is that the plasteel autodoor is more durable than the reinforced material.

Um, would you believe I screwed up the plasticrete doors' durability on purpose, just to see how long it would take you to notice?

No? Uh, well....

Anyway. It's fixed. Plasticrete doors now have the durability they should have had already.

And on a side note....

Who are you, anyway, and what did you do with the real SpaceDorf? Your picture's wrong!  :P

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: dburgdorf on August 06, 2017, 01:47:00 PM
Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 06, 2017, 12:46:07 PMWhat breaks the stride for me, is that the plasteel autodoor is more durable than the reinforced material.

Um, would you believe I screwed up the plasticrete doors' durability on purpose, just to see how long it would take you to notice?

Sure I believe that .. involving the fanbase, and make them feel appreciated in small decisions ..

And I swear it's me .. I changed the picture , I thought it was time .. yarrr .. the mug is still the same though :)
I was even thinking of designing a pawnDorf like yours .. but Cobb and his "Ask Me About Loom" - Button
just felt so naturally fitting .. ( and just between us, the resemblance between modified him and real me is horrifying close ..
i am not grey .. as grey .. yet .. )

Mufflamingo

Is this the mod that adds bricks to the game? (IF NOT IGNORE THIS MESSAGE)

I can't make doors out of bricks. Was that intentional? I want a bricked door.  ;D
Bleeeee. . . . .

dburgdorf

Quote from: Mufflamingo on August 06, 2017, 02:20:05 PMI can't make doors out of bricks. Was that intentional?

The lack of brick doors is deliberate(ish). Stone block doors don't make much sense to me, but I can't really get rid of them. (Well, I could, by removing "stony" stuff from the door recipes, which actually isn't a half bad idea, now that I think about it.... But I digress....) So I just never bothered to make a brick door recipe.

Quote from: Mufflamingo on August 06, 2017, 02:20:05 PMI want a bricked door.  ;D

You know what most people call a bricked door?  A wall!  :P

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

SpaceDorf

Mufflamingo

But I want a door with a stony brick pattern.  :'(

Now I have to settle with wooden doors. Oh well.  ;D
Bleeeee. . . . .

Hydromancerx

Is there a low tech way to get clay and/or sand without having to use the Rock Mill?

Canute

Only if you got fertilzer.
At the crafting you can do 5x dismantle dirt into sand&clay.
And got enough sand/clay to made 10 dirt.

dburgdorf

Quote from: Hydromancerx on August 16, 2017, 02:36:49 AMIs there a low tech way to get clay and/or sand without having to use the Rock Mill?

You can split dirt into sand and clay at a crafting station, as Canute mentioned. No fertilizer is required. Fertilizer is only required if you're combining sand and clay to create dirt.

(And thank you, Canute, for pointing out that blatant violation of my "zero sum game" principle. Not sure how I missed that. It'll definitely be fixed in the next release.)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Canute

*snief*
it isn't a zero sum, you need fertizier.
And since fertizier isn't easy to get at beginning, i think it is still balanced.