[A17] Rainbeau's Fertile Fields

Started by dburgdorf, May 29, 2017, 05:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

I can terraform richsoil into Sand or gravel without problems.
Plowed/topsoil you need to remove with remove floor first.

Aysling

Thanks!  I checked a few of the ones I normally use, didn't think to check sand or gravel!

Vlad0mi3r

Would it be possible to have an option with the brick floors where when placed next to dirt it has the hard edge that comes with placing it next to a wall or smoothed stone floors?

The reason I am asking is my rose gardens have the sloppy brick edging and I would like it to be nice and neat like you would if you were putting in a garden bed.

Or have a garden bed soil type in terraforming that allows the edging to be nice and neat.

(I sorry if this is me being pedantic but I just want my garden beds to look like how my grandfather used to have his with nice neat brick edging)

Please and thankyou as well  :)
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Smellfungus

Late game I decided to add this but it's conflicting with vegetable garden. :\ I'm getting a whole load of broken VG_defs in the error log. I've also ensured the load order is correct. What could be going on? New games are fine, no issues.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Vlad0mi3r on September 02, 2017, 06:23:00 AM

(I sorry if this is me being pedantic but I just want my garden beds to look like how my grandfather used to have his with nice neat brick edging)

I think cuproPanda's "ZenGarden" is the mod you are looking for.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

dburgdorf

Quote from: Smellfungus on September 03, 2017, 06:38:53 PMLate game I decided to add this but it's conflicting with vegetable garden. :\ I'm getting a whole load of broken VG_defs in the error log. I've also ensured the load order is correct. What could be going on? New games are fine, no issues.

The problem is that in order to avoid overlap and ensure that the mods work well together, "Fertile Fields" removes some of the things added by "Vegetable Garden" that duplicate items or functionality added by FF itself. In a new game, this presents no problem. But if you're trying to add FF to a saved game that already has some of the removed items from VG on the map -- the "fertilizer machine" (I have no idea why Dismar never gave that thing a proper name), or digging spots, or VG's version of dirt piles or compost or fertilizer, or whatever -- then you'll get errors, as the game won't know any more what those things are.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Madman666

By the way, since RFF actually adds sand piles, could you maybe patch sandbags recipe to actually require sand and cloth, not steel? I am reminded of this logical abomination each time I see sand piles...

Canute

Quote from: Madman666 on September 04, 2017, 05:14:30 AM
By the way, since RFF actually adds sand piles, could you maybe patch sandbags recipe to actually require sand and cloth, not steel? I am reminded of this logical abomination each time I see sand piles...
That is allready included.
My sandbag/improved sandbags need 1 pile of sand + cloth/leather.

Maybe you got another mod that add/change sandbags ?

Madman666

Well, thats quite odd... Thanks for your reply, I'll have to dig around my mod collection to see whats messing with my sandbags. By the way whats with the improved sandbags? Did you mean "heavy sandbags"?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: dburgdorf on July 25, 2017, 09:53:29 PM
Fertile Fields has been updated yet again:

- There are now two types of sandbags. Standard sandbags are made with cloth and sand, while heavy sandbags are more durable, and are made with leather instead of cloth.

- Corrected a stupid mistake that was causing all rock chunks created by stone to rocky dirt terraform actions to be granite.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Madman666

Ah, thanks for the information) Finally sandbags are actually sandbags, not lumps of steel in shape of sandbags. Veery nice.

Vlad0mi3r

Quote from: SpaceDorf on September 03, 2017, 06:50:59 PM
Quote from: Vlad0mi3r on September 02, 2017, 06:23:00 AM

I think cuproPanda's "ZenGarden" is the mod you are looking for.

Sexy, thanks.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

jpnm92

Hey i just wanted to say that this mod must be loaded after combat extended otherwise it gives you an error:

[Combat Extended] Patch operation Verse.PatchOperationReplace(*/ThingDef[defName="Sandbags"]/costList/Steel) failed
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.PatchOperation:Complete(String)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__84E()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__84C()

I just thought this might be worth adding to the description or something idk.

dburgdorf

Quote from: jpnm92 on September 13, 2017, 06:08:15 AMHey i just wanted to say that this mod must be loaded after combat extended otherwise it gives you an error....

I don't actually use CE, but I can take a look and see what's happening. It looks like CE is simply trying to change the amount of steel used to create sandbags, an operation which fails if it's loaded after FF because, obviously, FF has already changed sandbags to not cost steel at all. If that is in fact all that's happening, then the error can safely be ignored, and it actually doesn't matter in which order you load the mods, as the end result either way will be that sandbags cost cloth and sand instead of steel. ;)
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Smellfungus

Ahhh, so that's what was happening! :D Delete the resources and buildings, right. Well, I was getting bored with that colony anyway, so I just made a new one. :p Thanks Dorf!