[A17] Rainbeau's Fertile Fields

Started by dburgdorf, May 29, 2017, 05:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

Quote from: sirgzu on September 29, 2017, 04:52:23 AM
Lol I agree, that's why I started using this mod in the first place.. then i realise there actually is a dev mode menu to edit terrain

True, but FF is easier to use :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

digdog303

I tried to inject FF into a game and got this when trying to save:

Exception while saving game: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.TaleData_Def.ExposeData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Scribe_Deep.Look[TaleData_Def] (RimWorld.TaleData_Def& target, Boolean saveDestroyedThings, System.String label, System.Object[] ctorArgs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Scribe_Deep.Look[TaleData_Def] (RimWorld.TaleData_Def& target, System.String label, System.Object[] ctorArgs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Tale_SinglePawnAndDef.ExposeData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Scribe_Deep.Look[Tale] (RimWorld.Tale& target, Boolean saveDestroyedThings, System.String label, System.Object[] ctorArgs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Scribe_Collections.Look[Tale] (System.Collections.Generic.List`1& list, Boolean saveDestroyedThings, System.String label, LookMode lookMode, System.Object[] ctorArgs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Scribe_Collections.Look[Tale] (System.Collections.Generic.List`1& list, System.String label, LookMode lookMode, System.Object[] ctorArgs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.TaleManager.ExposeData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Scribe_Deep.Look[TaleManager] (RimWorld.TaleManager& target, Boolean saveDestroyedThings, System.String label, System.Object[] ctorArgs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Scribe_Deep.Look[TaleManager] (RimWorld.TaleManager& target, System.String label, System.Object[] ctorArgs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Game.ExposeSmallComponents () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Game.ExposeData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Scribe_Deep.Look[Game] (Verse.Game& target, Boolean saveDestroyedThings, System.String label, System.Object[] ctorArgs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Scribe_Deep.Look[Game] (Verse.Game& target, System.String label, System.Object[] ctorArgs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GameDataSaveLoader.<SaveGame>m__90E () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.SafeSaver.DoSave (System.String fullPath, System.String documentElementName, System.Action saveAction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

I have a handful of other mods that have been working fine before the inject. VG then FF are the last two mods in the load order.

dburgdorf

Quote from: digdog303 on September 29, 2017, 04:27:21 PMI tried to inject FF into a game and got this when trying to save.... I have a handful of other mods that have been working fine before the inject. VG then FF are the last two mods in the load order.

The reason you need to load FF after VG is that FF removes some of the things that VG adds, in order to make sure the mods "play nice" together and to eliminate overlap between the two. But if you're trying to add FF to a saved game that's already been in progress with VG, you'll likely encounter problems, as you probably already have on your map some of the things that FF removes.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

digdog303

Yeah, I loaded them in the correct order. Do you know if there's a way I could go into the save file or delete things in dev mode to get them to work? FF looks cool but I don't want to abandon this colony.

sirgzu

I was hauling some meat from an outpost to my colony and it spoiled on the way.
I was hoping I'd be getting the rotting meat on arrival but my pack animals were empty.
Is that normal?

Canute

The script to convert it just work on maps, not caravans, and i think it don't work on backpacks either.
But ask yourself, when you wander around and you notice your lunchbox is rotting, do you keep it for your home-compost or do you put it in the next trashcan ? :-)
Ohh sirgzu, what do i smell from you ? Did you got me a nice cheese gift ? :-)

Sylph

I've found a bug (I think?) with Concrete: the smithy accepts non-limestone rock chunks. Though limestone is selected exclusively by default, there's nothing stopping you feeding in other rock types.

dburgdorf

Quote from: Sylph on October 01, 2017, 01:50:46 PMI've found a bug (I think?) with Concrete: the smithy accepts non-limestone rock chunks. Though limestone is selected exclusively by default, there's nothing stopping you feeding in other rock types.

That's not a bug. By default, limestone and only limestone can be used to make cement, because it's realistic. However, not everyone wants to be bothered with actually making sure they have limestone available, and so the recipe can be adjusted to allow other stone types to be used. (Hell, you could adjust it to allow every stone type *except* limestone, if you really wanted to.)
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Ncates1234

Anyways to get the ol' bag recipe? (sandbag)
Don't like it how mods that do stuff related to one thing change another one thats not needed.

Vlad0mi3r

Maybe it because some Mods try to provide a flavour or setting for the game.

Why would you want the old sandbag recipe anyway? You want to waste steel on sand bags? Not use bags of sand to make bags of sand?
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Ncates1234

Quote from: Vlad0mi3r on October 01, 2017, 08:43:02 PM
Maybe it because some Mods try to provide a flavour or setting for the game.

Why would you want the old sandbag recipe anyway? You want to waste steel on sand bags? Not use bags of sand to make bags of sand?
I tend to use sandbags as early as possible and not live in deserts, gathering sand is hard. Steel is much better.

Canute

Don't forget small/1x1 wall provide good cover too.
Stone wall segments should be your 1. choise until you want/can build sandbags. Special at extreme biomes when you don't got much animals for hides.

digdog303

yesssss I feel like a freakin genius right now

I was able to finally inject FF and save without errors by going into the save file and deleting the references to having researched soil reclamation from VG.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: digdog303 on October 02, 2017, 04:10:10 AM
yesssss I feel like a freakin genius right now

I was able to finally inject FF and save without errors by going into the save file and deleting the references to having researched soil reclamation from VG.

Welcome to the true glory of Rimworld.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Madman666

One thing I've noticed playing with RFF - not all terraforming related jobs give construction experience to pawns. For example converting stone to rocky dirt gives same XP as building walls, but converting soil into rocky soil doesn't give anything. I am a bit interested if this is intended to work this way)