[A17] SeveralPuffins mods for A17

Started by Several Puffins, May 29, 2017, 10:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ser Kitteh

Hey! Just added Razzle Dazzle and Recon. Here's my impression so far.

So I added Razzle Dazzle and my 10 Colonists don't have the Performance skill. I added a wanderer via DevMode and he does. Perhaps Performance should just be merged with Artistic skill?

Several Puffins

GracieRocket, notfood, Stormfox: Thanks!

Quote from: kenmtraveller on June 01, 2017, 01:41:16 PM
I got the crashed ship event and visited it yesterday.  It was a pretty tough encounter -- I still only had the two starting weapons --  and I lost a colonist.

Yeah, the stuff you can walk away with is pretty overpowered, so the trade-off is high-risk missions. Discretion can be the better part of valour, as there'll be other crashed ships.

I have a question -- mine had Devillos in it, and I was only able to tame one of them before time ran out and I had to leave.
Will traders carry them?  I would love to have a breeding pair.  Or can I only get these from special events?

Traders won't carry them. In any crashed ship that they appear with, there will be a baby male and a baby female, but I wanted it to be a taming challenge, forcing you to camp out on the map for a couple of days. Of course, if you're lucky enough to find a teleporter in a ship, you could nab them and tame them at home!

And, there was cobalt ore on the map, which I mined.  Is this ore specific to that mod, or did it come from one of the other mods I just installed?

That's from another mod. Maybe a CuproPanda mod? I highly recommend those!

Several Puffins

Quote from: dareddevil7 on June 01, 2017, 05:28:11 PM
I can't seem to figure out how to load dead bodies into the osiris casket.

There's a drop-down menu option on dead bodies, "store corpse" I think. This will put them in a Cryptosleep casket, and your best casket is the Osiris. It works as a crypto casket unpowered, but if you want to resurrect someone you have to power it up- its drop down menu will then have the option "resurrect contained", which will work it's creepy magic!

Several Puffins

Quote from: Stormfox on June 01, 2017, 05:33:40 PM
After playing with Disorders for a while I have some concrete feedback:

The general principle is good, although the frequency and severeness of the disorders as well as their breaks are a bit much. I tuned it down to 0.3 times likelyness and double counselling effectiveness and its still extremely annoying, especially on top of the already existing base game stuff.

First off, thanks for the feedback! I will certainly have a look at the balance- my tester's colony has two doctors with 14+ social skills, so she's probably had a relatively easy time of it.

One of my gals is on a cleaning spree about half her life for months now.

Your OCD colonist does recover from time to time, yes? If so, I might up the guaranteed refractory period to a day (it's currently half a day). If not, it's an old bug that I thought I'd finally killed.

Also, the mood debuff for being drafted/prioritized is a bit too harsh. Its -15 and lasts for days, which is both very unreasonable.

Hmm.... You shouldn't get more than -14, and that should only be for level 3 ASD. Is this what you had? The next release, though, does put that down to 1 day from 2, and to a mere -12!

Several Puffins

Quote from: Ser Kitteh on June 01, 2017, 06:22:04 PM
Hey! Just added Razzle Dazzle and Recon. Here's my impression so far.

So I added Razzle Dazzle and my 10 Colonists don't have the Performance skill. I added a wanderer via DevMode and he does. Perhaps Performance should just be merged with Artistic skill?

Thanks for taking a look! Yes, Razzle Dazzle needs a new colony so that this stat will appear on everyone. I was considering having performance judged on a hybrid artistic/social score when I first started out (and indeed social is an important part of how well a comedy gig goes in-game), but I settled on this instead, due in part to some grumbling from actors I know who say they're crap at other arts!

Veredii

I'm not sure if I'm just bad at reading but I don't see a file for Prepare for Romance in the Dropbox. Has it not been updated for the A17 version of Prepare Carefully yet? There's no rush or anything (I'm still a novice Rimworld player) but I thought I'd let you know in case it's just a matter of forgetting to upload it. Thanks for the interesting mods~

Shinzy

Ooooooh wow!
These are some really fine mods!

Stormfox

Quote from: Several Puffins on June 01, 2017, 09:20:09 PM
Your OCD colonist does recover from time to time, yes? If so, I might up the guaranteed refractory period to a day (it's currently half a day). If not, it's an old bug that I thought I'd finally killed.

Sakura does not. She is currently at severe and it never gets better - the colony is about 18 months old and she was one of my starters. She is basically worthless and has been for quite some time now.

Hmm.... You shouldn't get more than -14, and that should only be for level 3 ASD. Is this what you had? The next release, though, does put that down to 1 day from 2, and to a mere -12!

That disorder got healed by now, but it was on medium strength and it gave a -15 whenever I drafted him for two or more days. I am very sure of that because it took me quite some time to figure out where that debuff even came from, so I checked almost everything.

Edit after playing a few more ingame days:

Sakura finally got her OCD controlled just now - after 18 months of counselling. Eridani, my guy with level 2 autism, just got -14 from being told to refuel a generator. And now he got it from equipping a different weapon. That one is really not well implemented, sorry.

deathstar

One of my colonists is suffering from cleanliness OCD, when he goes on a compulsive cleaning spree, he just stands around (because my colony is rather clean anyway, at the moment). When his mental break ends, he continues standing around until he either collapses due to exhaustion or is on the brink of starving. Drafting and releasing him fixes this. Maybe something to look at?

Goldenpotatoes

Razzle Dazzle is hitting me with a pretty hefty slowdown when right-clicking on objects. Running the bare requirements (workshop versions of HugsLib and RazzleDazzle) with no error logs. Probably something to look into.

deathstar

Quote from: Goldenpotatoes on June 04, 2017, 10:22:50 AM
Razzle Dazzle is hitting me with a pretty hefty slowdown when right-clicking on objects. Running the bare requirements (workshop versions of HugsLib and RazzleDazzle) with no error logs. Probably something to look into.

I can confirm, especially noticable for the context-menu of corpses for me...

kenmtraveller

Not certain this is a bug, but one crashed ship map had me start totally enclosed in rock, and I had to mine toward the ship for about 1/3rd of the map.  All the crash victims were dead by the time I broke through.

Sixdd

Can verify that the mods are all causing serious slowdowns. Once I removed Romance Diversified, Rumours & Deception, Rim Disorders and Recon and Discovery all the lag cleared up.

Aerial

I'm getting these errors (below) when starting Rimworld.  Can anyone tell me why?  I'm going to go ahead and try playing to see if I see an impact.  I uninstalled/reinstalled Rimworld just a couple of days ago, but I keep seeing things that make me think I still have some dev tool-type stuff that the A17 release version shouldn't have.  However, I checked and I'm not opted into any unstable betas anymore so I don't know what's going on.  Any help would be appreciated.

RimWorld 0.17.1557 rev1153
Verse.Log:Message(String)
RimWorld.VersionControl:LogVersionNumber()
Verse.Root:CheckGlobalInit()
Verse.Root:Start()
Verse.Root_Entry:Start()

Mod RazzleDazzleA17 has incorrectly formatted target version 'Unknown'. For the current version, write: <targetVersion>0.17.1557</targetVersion>
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32)
Verse.ModMetaData:Init()
Verse.ModMetaData:.ctor(String)
Verse.ModLister:RebuildModList()
Verse.ModLister:.cctor()
Verse.<>c__Iterator211:MoveNext()
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:AddEnumerable(IEnumerable`1)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:.ctor(IEnumerable`1)
System.Linq.Enumerable:ToList(IEnumerable`1)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__84E()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__84C()

Mod RimDisordersA17 has incorrectly formatted target version 'Unknown'. For the current version, write: <targetVersion>0.17.1557</targetVersion>

Mod RomanceDiversifiedA17 has incorrectly formatted target version 'Unknown'. For the current version, write: <targetVersion>0.17.1557</targetVersion>

Mod RumoursAndDeceptionA17 has incorrectly formatted target version 'Unknown'. For the current version, write: <targetVersion>0.17.1557</targetVersion>

[HugsLib] HugsLib.HugsLibController
HugsLib.Utils.ModLogger:Message(String, Object[])
HugsLib.HugsLibController:CheckForIncludedHugsLibAssembly()
HugsLib.HugsLibController:LoadReloadInitialize()

Hospitality injected.
Hospitality.DetourInjector:Inject()
Hospitality.DetourInjector:Initialize()

[HugsLib] v3.1.0 initialized Hospitality
HugsLib.Utils.ModLogger:Message(String, Object[])

Sixdd

The four big ones are just mod-game version mismatches. You can either redownload the mods and see if that fixes it or open each of the mods About.xml files and adjust the "target version" for each. The other stuff looks to me like misc debug junk, you can probably ignore them (though I've only been modding RimWorld for a few weeks so I may be wrong).