[A17] SeveralPuffins mods for A17

Started by Several Puffins, May 29, 2017, 10:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimbledorf

Great mod! However I came here to report a bug. It appears that the razzle dazzle mod is incompatible with the mod vegetable garden for some reason. The error log says something about the game not being able to load/identify textures from vegetable garden.
When will Tynan add goats, I wonder?

notfood

I run Razzle Dazzle mod and all the others with Vegetable Garden. No issues here.

Napple

Did you update your mods with the latest bugfixes and changes on the steam version?

Pink Photon

Can I do anything with the computer terminal in an abandoned lab? I gave it power, but I can't figure out how to interact with it.

faltonico

The Recon And Discovery video on steam is lovely, consider adding it to the OP.

Wooz

Nicé, just what I was looking for.

AngleWyrm

Quote from: notfood on June 08, 2017, 08:59:40 PM
I run Razzle Dazzle mod and all the others with Vegetable Garden. No issues here.

I've tried to add Razzle Dazzle mod to my game, but it crashed, giving an error box that said something to the effect of "Incompatible or corrupt mods detected, disabling all your mods."

Could you attach your ModsConfig.xml as a sort of known-good state of the game?
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

gariba

Don't know if this is possible, but is there a way to make the Peace Talks event only appear on hexes that are less than 5 days travel away from your colony? So far I've had one that is 6 days away, and another that was 16 since it was in a mountainous area inside a wall of impassible terrain.
Sure, I could just drop pod there, but I'm playing a tribal colony, and depending on drop pods is a bit immersion breaking.

notfood

Quote from: AngleWyrm on June 10, 2017, 12:58:21 PM
I've tried to add Razzle Dazzle mod to my game, but it crashed, giving an error box that said something to the effect of "Incompatible or corrupt mods detected, disabling all your mods."

My modlist is steam made, it shows a bunch of numbers.

I put Vegetable Garden before all the mods here. Maybe that's relevant? I doubt VG would do anything to these though.

ironstag

Quote from: AngleWyrm on June 10, 2017, 12:58:21 PM
Quote from: notfood on June 08, 2017, 08:59:40 PM

I've been toiling away at this for a little while, trying to isolate the problem, since it's DEFINITELY something with RazzleDazzle. I've kept everything else off my modlist except HugsLib, Extra Widgets, & Mod Menu Enhanced.

I got red error messages when "Medical Tab" was the only other activated mod, but no crashes.

The game crashed with the incompatibility report when "Miniaturisation" was the only other activated mod.

Having "Vegetable Garden" as the only other activated mod produced NO error messages.

In fact, having "A Dog Said...", "Architect Sense", "Brainwashing", "Bridgello", "Colony Leadership", "DDA Security and More", "EdB Prepare Carefully", "Facial Stuff", "Fish Industry", "Hospitality", "Miscellaneous CORE", "Numbers Tab", "Vegetable Garden", and "Wildlife Tab" all running after RazzleDazzle produced NO errors, so I'm pretty confident the issue is with Miniaturisation.

I'm going to try having ALL of my mods enabled sans Miniaturisation and see if that works. But I'm pretty sure that's the culprit.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=726372052&searchtext=miniaturisation

Looks like it's been causing some other issues, too.

... WHY ARE THERE TWO MODS CALLED "Miniaturisation"?

onerous1

So I played around with Rim Disorders for about two in-game seasons and it's really tough. I did a lone tribal start with two dogs and two weapons on a boreal mountainous map. After the first or second raid, my pawn developed OCD and would have mental breaks every day. I have one other colonist with poor doctoring skill and a prisoner who also developed OCD. My pawn can treat the prisoner for her OCD but cannot self-treat to manage her symptoms which is unfortunate. After two escape pods who wandered off after being rescue and an escapee pyromaniac (no thank you), I have to uninstall the mod. I may give it a shot once I have a decent colony started but currently, I can't have one colonist out of commission when the other colonist can do nothing but haul (yay!), cut plants, and train animals. I feel that the disorders manifest too quickly. After all, it was only after getting hurt in the first or second raid of the first year. Perhaps it's realistic but it's making my game unplayable.

deathstar

Quote from: onerous1 on June 14, 2017, 12:18:24 AM
So I played around with Rim Disorders for about two in-game seasons and it's really tough. I did a lone tribal start with two dogs and two weapons on a boreal mountainous map. After the first or second raid, my pawn developed OCD and would have mental breaks every day. I have one other colonist with poor doctoring skill and a prisoner who also developed OCD. My pawn can treat the prisoner for her OCD but cannot self-treat to manage her symptoms which is unfortunate. After two escape pods who wandered off after being rescue and an escapee pyromaniac (no thank you), I have to uninstall the mod. I may give it a shot once I have a decent colony started but currently, I can't have one colonist out of commission when the other colonist can do nothing but haul (yay!), cut plants, and train animals. I feel that the disorders manifest too quickly. After all, it was only after getting hurt in the first or second raid of the first year. Perhaps it's realistic but it's making my game unplayable.

I found the standard rates to cause disorders to occur way too frequently, too. Luckily, a configuration menu is included in the mod options, allowing you to tweak the rates of each individual disorder. I have some set to rates as low as 0.2 and still find them occurring pretty often.

kenmtraveller

Hey,
I'm playing with Recon and Discovery, and I consistently hit a bug when I visit a spaceship with a large number of downed colonists.
At some point after stabilizing them , the game starts automatically pausing after every single update increment.  I basically have to hold down the space bar to get the game to progress.  It takes forever.
Also , I get messages indicating that Spacers are attacking my colonists, when in fact no such attack takes place.  And, if a spacer who hasn't joined my colony yet goes berserk, all of the spacers who have recently joined my faction path to attack him.  Lastly, while I can manually give spacers who have joined commands, they default to 'wandering' instead of picking an assignment from the queue on their own, and they don't use joy items (horseshoe) and they don't sleep in a bed when tired (though they will sleep in a medical bed if injured).
When I finally leave the map, I sometimes don't get the opportunity to leave with colonists that have joined.  This behaviour is intermittent.
All of these problems end when I finally exit the map.  Any spacer colonists who I do get to leave with are completely normal at that point.

Are these known issues?  I am running with several other mods, wondering if there's a conflict.  I really love this mod so I'd love a workaround for the problems I'm seeing.

Ken

AngleWyrm

Quote from: deathstar on June 14, 2017, 04:39:00 AM
I found the standard rates to cause disorders to occur way too frequently, too. Luckily, a configuration menu is included in the mod options, allowing you to tweak the rates of each individual disorder. I have some set to rates as low as 0.2 and still find them occurring pretty often.
I did the same thing, adjusting it down to 0.1 for each of the disorders. It's a pound-and-observe, poking at it with a sharp stick type of solution that prompts a quest for better; how can we do better?

The counseling mechanic can eventually heal a disorder over a series of sessions. So it would seem that balance would be the point at which disorders are evenly met with healings from disorders, a stable situation. So a goal to meet that would be to estimate how long it takes to cure a disorder and then set up affliction rates so that it is the same average as that cure time.

The design/artistry aspect is deciding what portion of the colony is devoted to social+doctor skill set, and probably a good candidate for an xml adjustable variable.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

kenmtraveller

Hey,
to follow up on my earlier message, now I am getting the problem where my game constantly pauses even after I left a recon and discovery map where it started.

I enabled developer mode, each increment throws this error:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.CellFinder.TryFindRandomEdgeCellWith (System.Predicate`1 validator, Verse.Map map, Single roadChance, Verse.IntVec3& result) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.RCellFinder.TryFindTravelDestFrom (IntVec3 root, Verse.Map map, Verse.IntVec3& travelDest) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker_TravelerGroup.TryExecute (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.TryFire (RimWorld.FiringIncident fi) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentQueue.IncidentQueueTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.StorytellerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Any idea what is going on?  It's killed my game.