[A17] SeveralPuffins mods for A17

Started by Several Puffins, May 29, 2017, 10:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Several Puffins

Razzle Dazzle
Do you hear the thrumbo sing?

Description

Frankly, rim colonists are too downhearted about things. Sure, you just saw your spouse eat your dead dog raw after the ostriches that killed him ate your winter supplies, but is that really an excuse to be glum?

Razzle Dazzle introduces performing arts to the rim, so that we can get over this dead dog drama with a little song and dance!

- Performance: The new skill for your colonists to work on! Good performers can lift the spirits of everyone in the audience, whereas bad performers can turn a masterpiece into a muffalo corpse.

- Theatre:

Get your artists to write great tragedies at the sculpting bench (it is just a table, after all), and then build a stage so that your performers to rehearse and deliver them! Mood boosts for anyone who attends, unless the quality is terrible!

- Music: Compose artful pieces at the piano and then hold concerts to wow your fellow colonists!

- Stand-Up:

Fancy a quick mood boost? Rehearse a stand-up routine at the microphone stand, and watch your colonists crease up with laughter, or sit in stony silence as a comedian dies on stage.

- Radio: Performances from all of the above will be automatically broadcast if you have a broadcast tower, with subscription payments sent in by nearby settlements based on the quality of your broadcast.

Requires
None.

Download
via Dropbox.

Installation
- Install HugsLib.
- Unzip into your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate in the in-game mods menu and restart the game.

Acknowledgements
Thanks to Gracierocket for requesting these mods and throwing ideas at me.

Detours & Clashes
- GracieRocket informs me that Misc. Robots robots do tend to come along to performances, but frankly I think that it's sweet!

Several Puffins

Recon & Discovery
To adventure, beyond, and home in time for tea!

Description
It's become a big ol' world out there since A16, when colonists first noticed that objects existed at more than 1km away, but it's still a little sparse on this RimWorld. Recon and Discovery introduces some big risk, big reward missions to tempt you shut-ins to go for a walk in the big wide open!

New Sites!

- Crashed ships: What will you find inside? A wealth of treasures? A crew in need of help?  A horde of flesh-eating chinchillas? All three!? It's probably all three.
Whatever it is, be quick, because you're not the only one who saw the ship come down.

-Lost labs: There's a rumour going around that luciferium addiction can be cured. Did the scientists here succeed, or will you get a dose of half-crazed nanites, sick of being poked and prodded?

- Ancient castles:    You finally pinpoint the source of one of these damned psychic drones! Is the technology to overcome death itself here on this planet?

- Abandoned colonies: Did any people survive what happened here? Are they human?

Big Rewards!

Hi-tech rewards from missions: Don't read on if you don't want to spoil the mysteries!

- Holo-emitters: Scan HoloDisks taken of people of extraordinary talent, or scan the brains of the recently dead to revive them holographically. Transfer a colonist instantly to a new emitter across the map! The convenience! the immortality! The unfortunate nudity as all their clothes fall off! Just remember, they can't step out of range of their emitter ever again.

-Teleporters: Slow to charge, but able to recover any living creature from anywhere on the planet. How will you use it? To rescue your people at the last minute? Or to slowly fill a deep, dark cave with your confused, hungry enemies?

-Deflectors: Sick of your food all rotting because Randy decided to heat wave your solar flare? Or loosing your best doctor to electrical disturbances because they happen to be a hologram? Protect a small area of your colony from such disruptions by installing a salvaged defector dish!

Gattling Lasers: Built for space combat, these weapons will roast your enemies, and indeed anything else in between or within several yards. Just don't expect to recover much from the bodies, and be ready to fight the huge fire this will start.

Devillo: Large, horned intelligent genetically engineered muffalo that secrete devilstrand into their wool. Their milk, devilcream, is also extraordinarily rich and nutritious (and, I will grant, stupidly named- look, these things only exist because GracieRocket like highland cows).

Osiris Caskets: An advanced Cryptosleep casket design, these caskets direct an army of luciferium nanites to restore health, reverse ageing and even to revive the recently dead, if at the cost of developing an addiction to the nanites. The power drain while active is extraordinary, and the EM field tends to cause hairs to stand on end, storms, to spontaneously begin, and power surges, so make sure you've got enough juice for your mad gothic experiments!  Also I can't, or more honestly don't want to, stop colonists from putting their dead cats in here. 

Seraphites: A self-replicating luciferium nanite. Could these little blue pills cure the worst cravings of your colonists?

Portable generators:   Need power on these trips away from home? Want some incongruous flood lights when you Step Up Camp? Look no further! A low-output, long-lasting portable chemfuel generator, good for about 8 days usage. Credit to DeadlyReg for first burning fossil fuels out on the rim!

Download
via Dropbox.

Installation
- Make sure you first get HugsLib!

Bugs/Issues
- The entire hack to resurrect the dead makes me feel dirty, but it seems to work. There do seem to be error messages generated when reinstalling a HoloEmitter that has a colonist installed, but they don't seem to stop anything from working.

Acknowledgements
Thanks to Gracierocket as always. Thanks also to UnlimitedHugs for the beautiful HugsLib, and to pardeike for the extraordinary Harmony library.

Several Puffins

Rim Disorders
Mental illness for all!

Description

What RimWorld needs, I'm sure we all agree, is more misery, trauma, and poor mental health to add to our already vibrant, lively colonies! Colonists will develop, either randomly or due to some trigger or trauma, various mental health disorders. Poor mental health comes and goes in episodes for the afflicted, with episodes ranging in severity. These disorders can only be cured slowly, and with counselling. In addition there are two disorders that are developed in early life and are not curable.

A quick note here thanking all players so far for their support on this one! I've managed to stop a mod-killing bug where OCD people would clean themselves to death!

New Illnesses!

- Depression: Triggered by random chance, extreme low mood, downer addiction or witnessing death. Depressed colonists are slower, unhappier, and have impaired cognitive function. Moderately depressed colonists are more likely to go on food binges. Extremely depressed colonists are a suicide risk if they pass the mental break threshold- this risk vanishes if they're arrested and confined for the duration of the episode. Suicidal mental breaks happen quickly, so it's best to stop them before it gets that far.

- Generalised Anxiety Disorder: Triggered by extreme low mood, any single large mood stressor, stimulant addiction or random chance. Anxious colonists will be worse at talking, more unhappy, and will have a higher mental break threshold and moderately impaired global work speed. Extremely anxious colonists may have panic attacks as mental breaks (and thanks to Psychology for first introducing the idea of panic attacks to RimWorld!).

- Cleanliness-OCD: Triggered by random chance, extreme sickness and exposure to rotting human corpses. Affected colonists will have a lowered global work speed through worries and rituals and will be unhappy in rooms that are not perfectly clean. Extreme cases may result in mental breaks to obsessively (but not efficiently) clean the home area.

- PTSD: Triggered occasionally when downed. Affected colonists have a higher mental break threshold and are somewhat more likely to get into social fights (though this does not mean they will- the maximum level is the same as for an Abrasive person). Moderate and Extreme cases will suffer from panic attacks when an enemy is near, and Extreme cases will suffer from panic attacks even outside of this situation.

New Disorders!

Autism Spectrum Disorder: Colonists on this spectrum take a hit on social interactions. They also react negatively to prioritised work, preferring an order they settle on themselves. At Level 1, this is a minor irritation, at level 2 a major irritation, and at level 3 the prioritised work will be ignored. This includes being drafted!
ADHD: Colonists with ADHD will drop jobs entirely and wander off to do something else. The regularity with which they do this depends on the severity of the ADHD.

Both of these health effects are developed in early life, not in response to circumstances. They crop up rarely, naturally and as they are not illnesses they cannot be 'cured'.

New Work!

Counselling: Counselling appears as a bill on the individual with the illness, like surgery. A counsellor must be trained to a certain degree in medicine in order to perform the bill, but the magnitude of their success will be based on their social skill. Counselling can only be done on any one colonist once per day, and reduces both the present and the maximum severity of an illness. If it is counselled to the point where it is permanently controlled, it will be removed (but may recur if triggered)!   

Notes

I hope you all enjoy this, but note that this mod will only make things harder! Use for stories of disaster- your best scientist, locked in a dark room, gets depression and can't think through the problems any more. Your best soldier can't go back to the front line without having panic attacks! If you feel that you want disaster, but that the balance is wrong, the rates at which all diseases manifest, and the strength of counselling, can all be changed in the Options>Mod Options menu. If you like this, please check out my other less nasty mods!

Requires
- HugsLib.

Detours & Clashes
- There are no detoured functions in Rim Disorders, so compatibility should be very broad. I'm not currently aware of any issues with other mods.

Download
via Dropbox.

Installation
- Install HugsLib. .

Bugs
- Counselled patients currently go to sleep whilst someone makes metalwork noises at them. My headcanon: 3X1st century counselling is mostly about hypnosis, strobe lights and chimes. I'm pretty sure I'm getting that image from Hannibal. I haven't found a way of doing this better without detours (which I don't want to use if I can avoid it, for compatibility reasons).

Thanks
Thanks to UnlimitedHugs and to pardeike for HugsLib, to Gracierocket and the RimWorld community for heaps of input!

Feedback

The way these issues are represented is a mixture of academic research, personal experience and conversations with people who have experience of the above conditions. To anyone with experience of any of these, or any other mental health conditions, I am happy to take feedback on how they are (or should be)) are represented.

Several Puffins

Rumours & Deception
A lie can travel halfway to the rim...

Description

Have you ever wondered why your colonists don't talk about each other? Did no-one wonder about sending that shifty cannibal Alex to bury the dead? How come Ray likes the abrasive psycho that beat up her friend, just because she's never been insulted directly? And why is no-one ever apologetic about anything they've done?

If you want more social complexity, or just plain gossip and intrigue in your stories, then look no further! Rumours and Deception adds several new colonist social interactions, traits and thoughts that largely focus on people talking about people.

New interactions:
- Chat about other colonists: Alice likes Bob. Bob hates Carol. Bob can now tell Alice this!
- Spread rumour: Colonists will tell nasty, unsubstantiated tales to each other, particularly about colonists that neither of them like.
- Share secret: A colonist can trust another enough to reveal something deep and personal, bringing them closer together.
- Reveal secret: There's no guarantee that all trust is well placed! Colonists that have been told a secret can go and gossip about it to their friends!
- Apologise: Colonists can try to make up with others that they've insulted or hurt.
- Make peace: Colonists may try and apologise on behalf of a third party.
- Culture clash: Not all insults are intended! One may insult another due to having a poor understanding of their background culture (for example, Tribal vs GlitterWorld culture clashes).

New traits:
- Compulsive liar: This colonist just can't help it- every conversation is an opportunity to make up some new, snide story about one of the others.
- Gushing: This colonist just cannot judge who to trust with their darkest secrets, exposing themselves to potential embarrassment.
- Gossip: This colonist talks about other people all the time. This extends to secrets, with which they can't be trusted.
- Manipulative: This colonist will use any social trick they know to make other people see things THEIR way. They are great negotiators, but can be divisive and isolating within a colony.
- Trustworthy: This colonist keeps secrets. They rarely spread rumours, and if they do they feel terrible about it.
- Peacemaker: This colonist can't stand to see their friends fighting. They will try to resolve other people's differences, and will get a mood boost if successful.

New events:
All these events may be switched off in Mod options, but not entirely without consequence - divided colonies are unhappy colonies.
- Defection: A socially isolated colonist may, over time, decide that they're better off elsewhere. If they remain friendless, they may walk off the map and join an ally.
- Splinter: In the unlikely event that a clique of friends forms within the colony that is largely hostile to the rest, they may choose to leave together and form a new map faction. They will take some of your colony's belongings with them as they go.
- Brawl: Even if they don't leave, hostile cliques will start fights- unless you patch up your fractured colony, mass brawls will break out.

Requires
- HugsLib.

Download
via Dropbox.

Installation
- Install HugsLib.

Acknowledgements
Thanks to Gracierocket as always. Thanks also to Orion, whose faction discovery mod I trawled through extensively trying to understand how RimWorld factions work, and to UnlimitedHugs for HugsLib, and to  and to pardeike for the Harmony Library.

Several Puffins

Romance Diversified
A spectrum of sexuality!

Description

This mod adds the following features to a Rim Romance:
- Adds the sexuality traits Straight, Bisexual and Asexual, and adds them at the end after non-sexuality traits have been rolled, often as a fourth trait.
- Adds the traits Faithful and Philanderer, with appropriate changes to the likelihood of cheating on a partner. Philanderers are more likely to cheat if their partner is off the map, and there's a good chance that their partner won't find out!
- Changes the curves for attraction and the rate at which people hit on each other so that there is a cultural component, with female pawns from Tribal and Imperial backgrounds more forward, male pawns form Medieval and Urbworld backgrounds more forward, and MidWorld and GlitterWorld backgrounds gender equal. Also, introduces an individual component so that not all relationships follow the same curve.
- Unfairly judged pawns, be they ugly, creepy, annoying or disfigured, get much lower opinion debuffs with each other. Let's see a little empathy! Credit to Killface for the wonderful Herzblatt mod that first did this.
- Adds two social joy activities: dates for couples, and hookups for single colonists. Both have the ability to improve colonists' relationships!

Download
via Dropbox.

Installation
- Make sure you first get HugsLib!
- If you use Prepare Carefully, keep that extra trait slot open: download Prepare for Romance, a four trait version of Prepare Carefully also in the drop box! Install this the same way as Romance Diversified (note that it is a full replacement for Prepare Carefully, but will only work if Romance Diversified is loaded).

Detours
This mod uses harmony to add a postfix to PawnGenerator.GenerateTraits, and a def overwrite to replace the core game's InteractionWorker_RomanceAttempt class.

Acknowledgements
Thanks to Gracierocket as always. Thanks also to UnlimitedHugs for the beautiful HugsLib, to pardeike for Harmony, and to Killface for the lovely ideas in Herzblatt.

Several Puffins

animagus_kitty

Wow, you're one heck of a salesman! I'll definitely be downloading your mods for the next time my colony gets its collective teeth kicked in.

Sixdd

I just can't seem to help myself, when I see a mod that adds more social diversity I just have to have it. I can't wait for the first time one of my caravan hands gets cheated on while out and then their lovers lover blabs about it to them and then tries to apologize but it doesn't get accepted and they start a fight causing a schism to form in the colony and half my pawns abandon me for greener pastures. :D

Several Puffins

@animagus_kitty: Thanks! Well, Rumours and Deception doesn't need a new game, so if you back up where you are that one might add a little social richness to your current colony!

Recon and Discovery is likely to be a little buggy- I started writing it in A16 before Tynan announced that he was doing the same sort of thing for the next update. As A17 matures we can work out any kinks though.

@Sixdd: Yeah, I'm entirely with you on that. That's basically hte sort of story that got me into RimWorld!

Gracierocket

Yay, updates for A17! Really looking forward to starting my new colony now!

notfood

Stormfox

I have to say, these are some of the most creative and well thought out mods out there. The way your psychology mod works is much more interesting and less arbitrary than the base mood system of the game.

kenmtraveller

I got the crashed ship event and visited it yesterday.  It was a pretty tough encounter -- I still only had the two starting weapons --  and I lost a colonist.
I have a question -- mine had Devillos in it, and I was only able to tame one of them before time ran out and I had to leave.
Will traders carry them?  I would love to have a breeding pair.  Or can I only get these from special events?
And, there was cobalt ore on the map, which I mined.  Is this ore specific to that mod, or did it come from one of the other mods I just installed?

dareddevil7

I can't seem to figure out how to load dead bodies into the osiris casket.

Stormfox

After playing with Disorders for a while I have some concrete feedback:

The general principle is good, although the frequency and severeness of the disorders as well as their breaks are a bit much. I tuned it down to 0.3 times likelyness and double counselling effectiveness and its still extremely annoying, especially on top of the already existing base game stuff. One of my gals is on a cleaning spree about half her life for months now. Also, the mood debuff for being drafted/prioritized is a bit too harsh. Its -15 and lasts for days, which is both very unreasonable.