[A17] SeveralPuffins mods for A17

Started by Several Puffins, May 29, 2017, 10:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onasaki

I'm interested in Recon and Discovery, but also Disorders. However, when I download them and go to unzip I get this weird error about how the encryption doesn't work. It gives me bad feels, but I'm paranoid.

Disorders has an issue with the version number(and no idea if it works with Psychology), and Recon/Discovery seems to generate issues when creating a new world. I think it's because of the amount of memory that's drawn from the game when the mod is installed, vs my shitty computer.
I have two forces by my side;
One's the truth and one's a lie;
Which one's which I cannot tell;
This enigma is my hell.

LiteEmUp

Quote from: TastyCookies on August 14, 2017, 04:56:38 PM
Quote from: LiteEmUp on August 14, 2017, 03:45:39 PM
yeah i'm interested on recon too, but like razzle dazzle, the comments from steam workshop also has me worried about the stability of the mod... and the worst part is that the mod author seems to have moved on from rimworld, by just looking at his profile.. someone has to likely pickup the work on fixing both razzle and recon mod..

i'm mostly interested in the osiris casket, stargate, and stargate mods in it.. it wouldn't feel like stargate without stuff related to the stargate franchise...
I think I'm going to try the mod itself out and report on what I experience with my 50+ mod load order. I read more information on the mod on Steam and some of the bugs aren't gamebreaking.
although im subbed to both mods on steam, i haven't activated both as i'm still waiting for that day to come that both mods get "fixed"

i've read the comments on both mods and yes to some it may not be gamebreaking, but the bugs can be so annoying that you might want to bash your head into a wall lol... i believe that the worst part is that recon and discovery will corrupt your save if you uninstall it, so your SOL...

Fuzzel

Is it save to remove Rim Disorders from a savegame? I noticed that it kind of overlaps with Psychology and now I got a few pawns that have multiple anxieties and PTSD from both mods that drive them crazy

Bar0th

Quote from: LiteEmUp on August 15, 2017, 02:22:32 AM
Quote from: TastyCookies on August 14, 2017, 04:56:38 PM
Quote from: LiteEmUp on August 14, 2017, 03:45:39 PM
yeah i'm interested on recon too, but like razzle dazzle, the comments from steam workshop also has me worried about the stability of the mod... and the worst part is that the mod author seems to have moved on from rimworld, by just looking at his profile.. someone has to likely pickup the work on fixing both razzle and recon mod..

i'm mostly interested in the osiris casket, stargate, and stargate mods in it.. it wouldn't feel like stargate without stuff related to the stargate franchise...
I think I'm going to try the mod itself out and report on what I experience with my 50+ mod load order. I read more information on the mod on Steam and some of the bugs aren't gamebreaking.
although im subbed to both mods on steam, i haven't activated both as i'm still waiting for that day to come that both mods get "fixed"

i've read the comments on both mods and yes to some it may not be gamebreaking, but the bugs can be so annoying that you might want to bash your head into a wall lol... i believe that the worst part is that recon and discovery will corrupt your save if you uninstall it, so your SOL...

I have added him on steam, to try to get in touch (since he hasn't responded to any posts on here that people have made).  I have already decompiled and rebuilt Razzle Dazzle...  It now loads with Psychology, Miniaturisation, and others fine (no more crash / mod reset on load).  I've also changed the broadcast tower (which was one of the biggest non-crash related complaints I noticed), and added new burn recipes (to trash horrible compositions / plays).  The changes to the tower can be found on the workshop as Razzle Dazzle+ (requires the original mod loaded still).

I've never worked with C# before though (just C, C++, and modifying CIL code directly though ILSpy), so we'll see :)  My new build of his code compiles clean though, so I guess there's that :)

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: RazzleDazzle, Configuration: Release x86 ------
1>  RazzleDazzle -> D:\steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods\RazzleDazzle2\Assemblies\RazzleDazzle.dll
========== Rebuild All: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

MsMeiriona

Quote from: Trigon on June 24, 2017, 08:42:15 PM
Is prepare for romance still a thing? Rather, how do I make romance diversified work with prepare carefully?
same issue, don't see it in the dropbox.

Sixdd

Prepare for Romance is only needed on Alpha 16 if I remember correctly. In Alpha 17 Romance Diversified is fully compatible with Prepare Carefully. At least that is what I have found on steam.

Tenshi~Akari

Since the most recent iteration of Prepare Carefully allows you to add way more traits than just the original base 3 max (now allows a maximum of 7 if I'm remembering correctly), it would kind of be redundant to update Prepare for Romance.

-----

I really am a little bit concerned about the previous issue I noted a while back... about lovers chasing their partners into the thick of the wilderness just to either hook up or go on a date. I have settings turned WAY down, but that doesn't resolve the fact that pawns still continue the action even beyond their allowed areas.

Also wondering if the Asexual trait is actually set to do anything at the moment... forgive me if it sounds kind of ill-informed, I was kind of under the impression that it meant that a specific pawn would have no romantic inclinations towards either gender, but several pawns I've had with this trait have always ended up either wooing other pawns or getting wooed into Lovers status. Not saying that it shouldn't happen at all period, folks do at times end up falling in love with whomever whenever regardless of orientation at some point... but it seems kind of strange that it happens way more often & frequently than one thinks it should in-game by description, at least in the playthroughs I've had with Romance Diversified installed.

Hopefully these can be looked at in any future updates?  :)

LiteEmUp

Quote from: Tenshi~Akari on September 10, 2017, 10:30:02 PM

if you are expecting an update from the original mod author, good luck.. it seems he has moved on... i have interest in playing his mods, but reading the comments on workshop and here seems that it is in my best interest to stay away from his mods at the moment...

you just have to pray a kind soul pick up the work on continuing the mod author's work..

Tenshi~Akari

Darn, that sucks. Honestly, if I had the knowledge myself, I'd have loved to pick up the Razzle Dazzle & fix some things about that if that's the case, or just be able to fix those issues mentioned on my end myself. But C# ain't my thing sadly.  :'( (At least not yet. Won't rule it out, but I don't see that happening anytime soon...)

faltonico

Quote from: LiteEmUp on September 11, 2017, 01:07:28 AM
Quote from: Tenshi~Akari on September 10, 2017, 10:30:02 PM

if you are expecting an update from the original mod author, good luck.. it seems he has moved on... i have interest in playing his mods, but reading the comments on workshop and here seems that it is in my best interest to stay away from his mods at the moment...

you just have to pray a kind soul pick up the work on continuing the mod author's work..
S/he didn't left any of the source code around, so i doubt any one can continue with this.

TastyCookies

Just to update my experience with Recon and Discovery, I actually do not have any problems with this mod. The tremors issue that everyone was discussing on the forums not disappearing did not happen to me. I got the faulty generator event that caused the tremors and once I went there and destroyed it, the tremors went away. I really enjoyed Recon and Discovery and was able to save people from a crashed ship and join my colony to form a new form a new base. I also made friends with a tribe since they wanted peace from me. I used OHU Dropships and had no compatibility issues with it. No errors occurred in the log involving this mod.

kenmtraveller

It's too bad, Recon and Discovery, while buggy, was really ambitious in a good way.  Has anyone in the modding community contacted the author and offered to assume ownership?

Ken

faltonico

Quote from: kenmtraveller on September 12, 2017, 01:16:30 PM
It's too bad, Recon and Discovery, while buggy, was really ambitious in a good way.  Has anyone in the modding community contacted the author and offered to assume ownership?

Ken
Actually, i had no bugs that i remember, at least no game breaking ones, what this mod needs is some fleshing out with some events. Easily fixable with editing the xml files.
For instance, make sure you comment out the radiation event if you use "seeds please", or start the game with 250 psychoid seeds. Reduce the duration and frequency of the "tremor" event, 4 days max is way too much.