Help with an odd error

Started by Sixdd, May 29, 2017, 10:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixdd

So I've been making a few things lately which has been going well until today. I'm now getting this odd error when I place a power related object. The thing is it doesn't always happen when placing the same thing so I haven't been able to narrow it down to what is actually causing the problem. If anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it. The most recent output from the log is below, it spams it constantly until you either pause the game or close it. Also when this happens the graphics seem to go all blank and you just see the flat background color, almost like it unloads the map.

Tried to register trasmitter InsulatedConduit5780 at (29, 0, 25), but there is already a power net here. There can't be two transmitters on the same cell.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
  at RimWorld.PowerConnectionMaker+<PotentialConnectorsForTransmitter>c__IteratorB6.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PowerConnectionMaker.ConnectAllConnectorsToTransmitter (RimWorld.CompPower newTransmitter) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PowerNetManager.TryCreateNetAt (IntVec3 cell) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PowerNetManager.UpdatePowerNetsAndConnections_First () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Map.MapUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Game.UpdatePlay () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Root_Play.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

EDIT: I just got the same error when placing a vanilla power conduit.

EDIT Again: Well I seem to have fixed it, sadly I'm not sure what the problem was except that I was using the HugsLib quickstart map feature to quickly generate a map. No other idea what it could have been.

Thirite

Based on the error it had something to do with the engine trying to convert a value from one type to another (casting) where no valid conversion exists. For example, you couldn't cast an object to convert to be say an integer.

Sixdd

hmm... I have no idea what could have caused that. The only mods I have that have anything to do with power are strictly XML mods, could that cause this type of error?

kaptain_kavern