[1.2] Better Workbench Management (QoL mod)

Started by falconne, May 30, 2017, 06:16:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

falconne

Most of what this mod did is now in vanilla. The current version just adds in the features that have not been included in vanilla, which are described below.

This mod adds some some QoL features to the workbench and bills overview screens:

• When the "Count Equipped" option is selected in bill details, adds an option to also count equipped items even when colonists are away from their home map (e.g. caravaning or raiding).
  • Fixes inconsistency in vanilla where items without quality or hitpoints, like meals and medicine, are not counted if they are not in a stockpile.
  • A "Copy All" button has been added to the bills overview to copy all the bills in a workbench. The paste button will then paste all copied bills.
  • When pasting bills you can "Paste Link", which links the bills back to their originals. Any changes made to a linked bill will be mirrored to all bills in the chain. Links can be made across workbenches and can be broken manually later.
  • When a workbench is selected, its Bills tab will automatically open. This can be disabled in the Mod Settings menu.
  • Bills using "Do until X" now have a button to add arbitrary extra products to be counted. For example, you can create a bill to produce X Simple Meals and set that bill to also count Fine and Lavish Meals in the final count.
  • Bills set to resume production when stock falls to a certain level now show that level in brackets on the workbench overview. The "Do until you have X" button label has been shortened to "Do until X" to make this fit.
  • Button added next to each bill allowing the toggling of bill store mode between "Drop on Floor" and "Take to Best Stockpile" from the bills overview page.
  • You can drag to reorder bills in a workbench's overview instead of having to use the up/down buttons. Dragging works from anywhere in a bill's background or use the drag box that has replaced the buttons.
  • Navigation arrows added to bill details window to navigate between bills in that workbench.
  • Ability to rename bills.
  • When a single bill is copied, a "Paste Into" button appears on every other bill, in the bill details and workbench overview screen. This button will paste all compatible settings from the source bill into the target bill, except for the output product itself. For e.g., you can create a number of tailoring jobs for different items of clothing, adjust the production counts and material filters for one and paste these into all the others. Any job's settings can be pasted into another, but not all settings are compatible between all recipes; incompatible settings will not be copied.
  • The Mod Options section for this mod lets you change the default store mode of new bill's to "Drop on floor" instead of "Take to best stockpile".

Notes

• When a bill is copied only a reference to the copied bill is made at the time. No data copy is done until you paste, so if you change the original bill before pasting, the pasted bill will have the modified data. If you delete a copied bill, it will be removed from the "clipboard" too.

• Can be added to existing save.

Download from Steam Workshop
Direct Download: Github Release

Source Code: Github

Planned Updates
You can view planned features and known bugs here.

Notes

• Can be added to existing save.
  • This mod needs HugsLib and must be loaded after it.
  • When a bill is copied only a reference to the copied bill is made at the time. No data copy is done until you paste, so if you change the original bill before pasting, the pasted bill will have the modified data. If you delete a copied bill, it will be removed from the "clipboard" too.

Released with GPLv3 license. You can use it in your own GPL mods, just give me credit.

Translation credits (GitHub usernames):
  Russian by @skyarkhangel, @lex1975
  Simplified Chinese by @mm615657
  Japanese by @Proxyer
  Spanish by @53N4
  Korean by @LazyRichard

Feature contributions:
  @alextd

SuedKAT

Nice mod!

Previously I've used for example the Mending mod which come with a recycle table and had everything with less than desired quality being recycled or just simply sold everything "bad" when ever a trader came around. However since I want to prioritize the tailoring jobs before the recycling jobs this meant that it wasn't working flawlessly and when I sold a a lot of apparel at the same time my tailors at times couldn't keep up. With this my tailors can work away until I get the apparel I want in the quality I want and then I can just recycle the rest when ever they have nothing better to do.

Mehni

Mkok

Looks nice. I have a question. Can this be loaded into existing colony?

mazacik

Could you add a dropbox/mediafire link please?

kosh401

I only let my ppl wear Normal+ and 50%+ clothing and scrap the rest, but after a raid for example having extra damaged/poor clothing now in storage, my tailors would stop their creation work since those poor items counted against the "do until x" cap. So this is a pretty nice addition, thanks :D

BlackSmokeDMax

Excellent mod!

Any chance you could also include a couple items that the AC-Enchanced Crafting mod (not updated to A17 as of yet) had as well? The couple things that are really helpful from there are:

1. Buttons for changing the resume bill level. Much better for fine grain control rather than trying to drag the slider in vanilla.
2. Renaming the bills.
3. Assigning worker!

Think with those twothree, plus your excellent new changes would make a perfect blend with vanilla function.

edit: added in third feature

faltonico

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on May 30, 2017, 10:42:12 AM
Excellent mod!

Any chance you could also include a couple items that the AC-Enchanced Crafting mod (not updated to A17 as of yet) had as well?

Kiame Vivacity went ahead and updated that.
I would love for those mods to be compatible.

Addhatic

plz provide external link. if you have it then also for the updated ac-enhanced crafting mod too

khearn

Wonderful mod! I've been wanting this functionality.

One word of warning: I added it to an existing save, and didn't see the new sliders on my existing bills. Setting my existing bills to "Do X times" and then back to "Do until you have X" also didn't help. But when I created new bills and selected "Do until you have X", they appeared. So don't dispair if you add this to an existing save and it doesn't seem to be working, just create new bills and you'll see it. It's a small price to pay. :)

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Addhatic on May 30, 2017, 11:31:10 AM
plz provide external link. if you have it then also for the updated ac-enhanced crafting mod too

I went looking for the ac-enhanced crafting, didn't find it on gitgub, but did on Steam. Here is a link to the Steam page at least:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=935898363

github link (for AC-enhanced crafting A17) from discussion page on Steam:

https://github.com/KiameV/Rim.AcEnhancedCrafting/releases/tag/20170530

MisterVertigo

This looks awesome! I just ran into this problem last night. Here's hoping for a non-Steam version. Thank you!
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

falconne

Quote from: mazacik on May 30, 2017, 07:43:17 AM
Could you add a dropbox/mediafire link please?

I will put up an archive soon.

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on May 30, 2017, 10:42:12 AM
Any chance you could also include a couple items that the AC-Enchanced Crafting mod

I will be looking into compatibility with Enhanced Crafting. If it's not possible to have them side by side I will at least try to emulate some of the core functionality from that mod.

Quote from: khearn on May 30, 2017, 11:54:32 AM
One word of warning: I added it to an existing save, and didn't see the new sliders on my existing bills. Setting my existing bills to "Do X times" and then back to "Do until you have X" also didn't help. But when I created new bills and selected "Do until you have X", they appeared. So don't dispair if you add this to an existing save and it doesn't seem to be working, just create new bills and you'll see it. It's a small price to pay. :)

Ah yes, thanks. I forgot to mention that, I've edited the post now. Yes, it works with an existing save but the mod will only affect new bills, not existing ones.

Famous Shoes

Looks great, thank you. If you're looking for ideas, a filter I'd find helpful is one that matches ingredients to counted items. For example, a bill to create parkas from muffalo leather and alpaca wool would not count one already made from pigskin.

falconne

I've created a new version of the mod with added features. This should be safe to add to an existing save but I would like some extra testing and feedback from you guys before I update the mod on Steam.

Thanks for those who tested. I've updated to the latest version on Steam.