[1.2] Better Workbench Management (QoL mod)

Started by falconne, May 30, 2017, 06:16:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

faltonico

Thank you for the quick reply and for such a good looking mod!

stigma

How does the quality-slider on crafting work exactly?

I did a quick test and told my crafter to make a shiv, but only between masterwork and legendary.
I wanted to see what he did with the failures (if the items just got deleted for convenience or you got partial materials back ect.)

But it seems like the slider really didn't do anything. He still made a variety of quality shivs - as many as I had on the bill regardless of what quality the outcome was.

How is this supposed to work - am I using it wrong?

EDIT: it just occured to me ... is the quality slider for the INPUT, in those cases where that is relevant? (such as smelting down weapons or whatever) ?

-Stigma

SpaceDorf

The copy filter option is awesome :)
But I don't know why I expected it to copy all the bill settings, which disapointed me a little after it did not ..
so I would like to suggest it.

That being said and maybe repeating myself allready  .. this is one of the best QoL Mods EVER !!!
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

falconne

Quote from: stigma on July 08, 2017, 04:45:00 PM
How does the quality-slider on crafting work exactly?

I did a quick test and told my crafter to make a shiv, but only between masterwork and legendary.

No the mod doesn't change the mechanics of the game. The sliders appear when you set a bill to "Do until you have X". They set limits on what is counted from the already existing items in your stockpiles. You can use it to make your crafter keep producing shivs till the required number of masterwork or legendary shivs have been made, instead of stopping after that many shivs of any quality are made. For the unwanted items you should either set up stockpile rules so you can trade them (there is a nice auto-seller mod out there) or create a persistent melting job in your smelter.

Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 08, 2017, 04:58:36 PM
The copy filter option is awesome :)
But I don't know why I expected it to copy all the bill settings, which disapointed me a little after it did not ..
so I would like to suggest it.

I hadn't thought of that, it's a good idea. Maybe I'll add a Paste icon near the Info icon in the bill details, to paste all compatible settings from a single copied bill (copied using the Copy Bill icon), except for produced item and title.

stigma

Ah, that makes sense. That's pretty useful. I just have to set up my own recycling/selling systems (which is actually how I think I prefer the implmentation to be).

The copy/paste doesn't cover everything? That's weird, I didn't notice, but maybe I overlooked it. I would think that a full copy would be the most useful since often you want to set up stuff like
1-make pemmican using fast-spoling veggies and any meat
then
2-make pemmican using any remaining vegetables and any meat
and in those cases it's real handy if you can just copypasta the bill and make that one ingredient change.

I also think it would make more sense intuitively - I mean I've been under the illusion that that's what it did for the few days ive tried it out now lol. Maybe that explains why I made so many mistakes in my bills =P

-Stigma

SpaceDorf

Quote from: stigma on July 08, 2017, 06:43:30 PM

The copy/paste doesn't cover everything? That's weird, I didn't notice, but maybe I overlooked it. I would think that a full

You misread the copy and paste part :)
Copy and paste bill does exactly what you describe.
falconne implemented a new copy and paste option inside the bills : copy and paste FILTER
which lets you c&p the filter of the bill and copy it into other types of bills ..
copy the filter from the pemmican bill to simple meal bill.

Copying the complete bill setting would be awesome to setup my apparel bills.
Make  Devilstrand Shirts, Devilstrand Duster, Devilstrand Shoes, Devilstrand Underpants and so on :)
Combined with the navigation buttons this is micro-managers heaven.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

falconne

Yes, as SpaceDorf said that was in regards to the new Ingredients Filter copy/paste functionality in the new update, which just applies to copying the ingredients settings. The regular bill copy/paste copies everything. It's a bit confusing with all the filters. Hopefully the tooltips on the buttons make it clearer.

falconne

I've published the latest version. I'll include additional copy functionality in the next version.

JudPaps

Can you make 'do until you have x' not stack with other workbenches?
Example:
I have 2 cooking station, both of them has a bill to cook until i have 2 of x, but it will cook 2 food on a cooking station but 0 on the other one, because they stack. I want both of the cooking stations cook 2 to a total of 4.

Oblitus

Stockpile/ground toggle and result item info without opening details?

Also, can be good to see in details how profitable recipe is (delta between value of ingredients and result).

Canute

Quote from: JudPaps on July 18, 2017, 10:41:31 AM
Example:
I have 2 cooking station, both of them has a bill to cook until i have 2 of x, but it will cook 2 food on a cooking station but 0 on the other one, because they stack. I want both of the cooking stations cook 2 to a total of 4.
That don't work because it isn't based on workbenches, it is based on how many you got in your stockpiles.
And so long your pawn crafting them, or carry them to the stockpile they don't count in.
In worst case you can have 4 more then you want.

falconne

Quote from: JudPaps on July 18, 2017, 10:41:31 AM
Example:

That can't work per workbench but I will look at adding a "Count only in specific stockpile" option so you can define a stockpile per workbench.

Madman666

Wow. Enhanced Crafting got even better and more convenient. Thanks!))

Oblitus

When crafting clothes, a material is very important. Maybe "info" button for it, so it would be possible to compare without too many clicks?

falconne

Quote from: Oblitus on July 18, 2017, 11:24:00 AM
Stockpile/ground toggle and result item info without opening details?

I will look into that. Folks have also asked for a "Take to specific stockpile" option to be added to that list, which would make displaying this button on the overview a bit more complicated but I'll see how it goes.

Quote from: Oblitus on July 18, 2017, 06:10:52 PM
When crafting clothes, a material is very important. Maybe "info" button for it, so it would be possible to compare without too many clicks?

I will have a stab at that.