[1.2] Better Workbench Management (QoL mod)

Started by falconne, May 30, 2017, 06:16:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stigma

Consider making "drop on floor" default, or letting there be some option somewhere.
As a veteran player who likes to optimize I almost never use anything else. Hauling is for haulers - crafting is for crafters.

-Stigma

faltonico

Quote from: stigma on July 18, 2017, 09:06:48 PM
Consider making "drop on floor" default, or letting there be some option somewhere.
As a veteran player who likes to optimize I almost never use anything else. Hauling is for haulers - crafting is for crafters.

-Stigma
Or implement the AcEnhancedCrafting feature of adding a button outside the bill to change that without getting inside the bill =D

wreckcelsior

So.... this may be the dumbest question of all time, but here goes...

The file I downloaded has a "-master" at the end of the folder and the game doesn't recognize it.  Inside there are all the folders with 'CopyPasteLink' folders etc., and a 'dist' folder with all the info I am used to seeing in mods.
How do I install this fantastic QoL mod?

thanks for any help and patience with my stupidity.

cheers.

falconne

Quote from: wreckcelsior on July 20, 2017, 06:32:48 PM
The file I downloaded has a "-master" at the end of the folder and the game doesn't recognize it.  Inside there are all the folders with 'CopyPasteLink' folders etc., and a 'dist' folder with all the info I am used to seeing in mods.

Sounds like you downloaded the source code instead of the mod. Go to this link, download ImprovedWorkbenches-17.6.0.zip and inside that you will find a folder which you need to put into your mods area. There's a stickied thread with more details about how to install mods manually if you're unsure.

stigma

Quote from: faltonico on July 19, 2017, 01:19:30 AM

Or implement the AcEnhancedCrafting feature of adding a button outside the bill to change that without getting inside the bill =D
[/quote]

That would sure be useful. Just a small toggle-icon maybe to save space?
I'm thinking a down arrow for floor, side arrow for stockpile?

As long as it's visible at a glance that would almost be as good. My problem is that I sometimes just forget the setting and then production suffers inefficiency for a log time until I randomly notice that something is wrong and "debug" it.

-Stigma

Canute

Quote from: wreckcelsior on July 20, 2017, 06:32:48 PM
So.... this may be the dumbest question of all time, but here goes...

thanks for any help and patience with my stupidity.
Not completly your fault wreckcelsior, falconne made an unique github structure. Any other github rimworld project i saw, your could download the master and got a working mod download.

And falconne, maybe you should switch to the normal structure and then it nearly be compactible with the ModSync Ninja which can update from github now too.

wreckcelsior

Quote from: Canute on July 21, 2017, 03:05:59 AM

Not completly your fault wreckcelsior, falconne made an unique github structure. Any other github rimworld project i saw, your could download the master and got a working mod download.

And falconne, maybe you should switch to the normal structure and then it nearly be compactible with the ModSync Ninja which can update from github now too.
Thanks Canute... and thanks falconne... I missed your post above with the new link.

cheers

Modo44

This mod doesn't seem to do anything when other crafting-related mods are around. None of the options show up, even if I put it at the end of the mod order.

maculator

Any chance on a german translation? I'd do it if you tell me whats to do!
Thanks for the mod.

falconne

I have a new update and as usual I'd appreciate any playtesting and feedback before I release it on Steam Workshop. You can download the the latest version from Github, v17.8.

This update has the following new features:

• Added a "Drop on Floor" / "Take to Stockpile" toggle button to each bill entry on the workbench overview panel, like Enhanced Crafting has.

• The button that lets you choose the bill store mode ("Take to Best Stockpile" and "Drop on Floor") now also lists all the individual stockpiles on the map. Choosing one lets you tell the worker to store the finished item in that specific stockpile (assuming that stockpile is set to allow that item).

• When bill target mode is set to "Do Until X", you can now specify that only products in a specific stockpile should be counted.

• For clothing bills set to "Do Until X", you can now specify if clothing worn by colonists should also be counted.

• Added buttons near the "Target Count" and "Unpause at" sliders that let you enter values in via the keyboard.

• To avoid obscuring too much of the info column with the new UI controls added, there has been some re-arrangement and compaction of the added controls in the dialog. Most notably, the "Restrict to worker" button has been moved to the top of the second column.

Please let me know if you try the update and have any problems, suggestions.

SpaceDorf

If I find any bugs, you will be the first to know.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

sirgzu

Custom stockpile selection looks sweet. Can't wait to test :)

BlackSmokeDMax

Looking forward to this test! Thanks and great work!

SpaceDorf

Holy Carp ..

I did not really register the Option to send Produced Items to a Named Stockpile .. just now ingame ..

This could be better than cheese .

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Kori

This looks awesome! New must have mod for me!