[1.2] Better Workbench Management (QoL mod)

Started by falconne, May 30, 2017, 06:16:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

With the colony manager mod, you can do a butcher until you got x meat.

And another mod convert all animal meat into chicken meat, then you just got one animal meat.

Nightinggale

Quote from: Rock5 on November 21, 2017, 08:16:22 AM
The way I see it butchering is for meat. Leather and other products are just byproducts.
Obviously you haven't used BoneMod in a biome with lack of trees. Particularly early on it's valid to butcher for bone because it's much faster than stone cutting, but also much weaker.

Quote from: Rock5 on November 21, 2017, 08:16:22 AMAnd I suspect that only meat can take up way, way more space than the carcass, which is the reason I'd like that option. So meat doesn't overflow the freezer.
That really depends on the animal. If that is what you are thinking and ain't using any mod to change the max stockpile size, you should always butcher animals with less than 75 meat and use colony manager for the rest.

Quote from: Canute on November 21, 2017, 08:19:53 AMAnd another mod convert all animal meat into chicken meat, then you just got one animal meat.
Hmm.... this lion tastes like chicken  :P
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

ZE

oh god..... so i went to b18 yesterday and was groaning in pain..... couldn't figure out why but i had no way to copy n paste my bills like i used to ..... DERP!

yeah this has become an essential.... hope it gets 'canonized' by Ty, he should just wholesale rip it for the sake of rimanity

Rock5

I never liked Colony Manager because I don't want to add what looks like a massive mod just to fix 1 or 2 niggling issues with the game.

Converting all animal meat to chicken meat seems like a good solution. After all, besides human and insect meat, meat is meat. Is there such a mod?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Crow_T

(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Rock5 on November 21, 2017, 09:54:00 AM
I never liked Colony Manager because I don't want to add what looks like a massive mod just to fix 1 or 2 niggling issues with the game.

Converting all animal meat to chicken meat seems like a good solution. After all, besides human and insect meat, meat is meat. Is there such a mod?

I haven't used it, but looks like this mod has this option (off by default though.)

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=34628.0  (Animals Logic is the mod on that page I am referencing)

Rock5

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on November 22, 2017, 01:50:59 AM
Quote from: Rock5 on November 21, 2017, 09:54:00 AM

I haven't used it, but looks like this mod has this option (off by default though.)

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=34628.0  (Animals Logic is the mod on that page I am referencing)

Yes it does. Thanks. But unfortunately, even though all butchering produces 1 type of meat, it still wont let me "Do until". At least now I can rule out that as a solution. I need a mod has to do it specifically.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Rock5

I surprised myself by managing to make the mod myself. Check it out!
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37177.0

It allows butcher bills to use the Do Until option. It even has mod options so you can select which types of meat to count.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Canute

If you want it should be done, do it yourself ! :-)
Very nice and fast work, Rock5 !

Rock5

@falconne

With my mod I have mod settings to select what should be counted. A user pointed out that he would like to be able to have a bill for animal meat and another for human/insect meat for their animals. Ideally we should have an input filter like your input apparel/weapon filters, for butchery. Even if we just had the "Match input ingredients" option that would solve it. Then you could have a human/insect bill that only counts human/insect and an animal bill that only counts animal meat.

Could you add that option to butcher bills to support my mod?

Or an even better option is to merge my mod with yours. I always thought my idea was ideally suited for your mod. It's a fairly simple mod. It just hooks into 2 methods. The other code I have for the mod options wouldn't even be necessary if you include the input filter. Let me know if you're interested.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

falconne

I can look at adding your mod's functionality into mine if you like, but it would be a while before I get around to that due to time constraints and other commitments. I can let you know when I have time available for that. If you haven't already implemented the functionality in your mod by then I can look into it.

If you were to implement it, it should be fairly easy to copy the UI code from my mod. The match filter may need to be implemented a little differently as I don't know if the type of meat is defined the same way as the material of apparel, for example. The most important thing though is you would want to implement something similar to my ExternalDataStorage class so that when you store the bill specific data in the save file, it is in such a way that it doesn't break the game if people disable or remove the mod.

Rock5

I haven't done anything with UI and your mod looks too complex for me to follow.

If I were to do anything, while waiting for you to implement my changes in your mod, it would be to add separate human, insect and animal bills that could count the meat according to which bill it is. I would also need a animal/human bill and a insect/human bill. I don't think there is any need for a animal/insect bill.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Canute

QuoteThen you could have a human/insect bill that only counts human/insect and an animal bill that only counts animal meat.
You forget that are much more different bad mood meats. Each  custom race give an own meat, same to arachanoid and currently i don't know what kind of meat the bugs from starship trooper give.

Basicly it would be a better solution if we got 2 meat subcategories, humanoid & insect.

Rock5

What I meant is I could make the following bills
- Animal meat
- Human meat
- Insect meat
- Animal/Human meat
- Human/Insect meat

That way normal players would use the animal meat bill that makes sure you have enough animal meat for your meals and maybe a human/insect meat bill to make sure you have enough meat for your kibble. Whereas cannibals might use the animal/human meat bill for their meals and a insect meat bill for their kibble.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Canute

Yeah, but how the bill know what is human/insect meat, beside the 2 vanila ones.
Ahh i see <fleshType>
But then we need - Butcher Other meat too.
Tiberium mod add another fleshtype.