[1.2] Better Workbench Management (QoL mod)

Started by falconne, May 30, 2017, 06:16:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock5

My mod already distinguishes between insect, human and animal meat. I just used the defName. ie. Human_Meat is human meat, Magaspider_Meat is insect meat and all others are animal meat.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

RemingtonRyder

Shelves aren't counted as stockpiles that you can count items in. That being said, you could only hold two stacks in a particular shelf, so making them available to count items might be a bit useless, unless it's shelves within a radius of X.

tarator

How impossible is it to have the option "Do until stockpile X is full"? It can alleviate some micromanaging.

That's useful to keep a fridge full of meals. As it also contains meat and harvest overflow I can't put an accurate top limit. Now if the limit isn't reached, but the available stockpile is full, the cook just keeps on cooking, because the meals can't be counted.

Same with the stockpile that contains both stone chunks and blocks. It will automatically convert all the stockpiled chunks (I use ingredients radius a lot) to blocks.

Canute

I can see the useness of "Do until stockpile X is full", but with a little math it isn't needed.
When you just create a 4 tile stockpile they can hold 40 meals.

falconne

New update:

You can now drag to reorder bills in a workbench's overview instead of having to use the up/down buttons. Dragging works from anywhere in a bill's background or use the drag box that has replaced the buttons (the screenshots do no reflect this yet).

Also added some translations:
  Simplified Chinese by @mm615657
  Japanese by @Proxyer

M00nStalker

Quote from: falconne on December 23, 2017, 02:07:11 AM
New update:

You can now drag to reorder bills in a workbench's overview instead of having to use the up/down buttons. Dragging works from anywhere in a bill's background or use the drag box that has replaced the buttons (the screenshots do no reflect this yet).

Also added some translations:
  Simplified Chinese by @mm615657
  Japanese by @Proxyer
This is a nice addition, however the change causes the mod to become incompatible with Outfitter. Outfitter adds a system for sorting different items in the tailor workbench by grouping them by location on the body (head, arms, torso and so on). This seem to make it incompatible with this mod since you're unable to reorder bills in the tailoring workbench and it throws this error:

Reorderable used invalid group.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32)
Verse.ReorderableWidget:CurrentInsertAt()
Verse.ReorderableWidget:ReorderableWidgetOnGUI()
RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:UIRootOnGUI()
Verse.Root:OnGUI()

falconne

Thanks for the note. I have just uploaded a new version that automatically disables the functionality if Outfitter is detected and also lets you manually disable the functionality from the mod options if needed.

I will check the Outfitter code later and see if this can be made to work, or if not at least only disable it on tailoring benches.

falconne

Just done another update that adds compatibility with the Outfitter mod. Dragging should now be working with that mod.

crusader2010

Hi! Found some bugs with my list of mod. Not sure the error message is from your mod, but judging by the behavior it might. When I clicked the "Bills" button on a butcher table, nothing happened. Clicking on the "Anybody" button doesn't do anything either. After building the butcher table, I could see the bills and wanted to select "Butcher creature - do forever", but it remains as in the attached picture.

PS: does the export function conflict with the one from JTExport?
PPS: I'm using Outfitter, but have disabled the drag-drop feature of your mod.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

falconne

Quote from: crusader2010 on December 26, 2017, 04:26:33 PM
Hi! Found some bugs with my list of mod. Not sure the error message is from your mod, but judging by the behavior it might. When I clicked the "Bills" button on a butcher table, nothing happened. Clicking on the "Anybody" button doesn't do anything either. After building the butcher table, I could see the bills and wanted to select "Butcher creature - do forever", but it remains as in the attached picture.

From the stack trace the problem is coming from an AlcoholIV mod that wasn't updated to B18. Looking at your screenshot, it looks like you are using the outdated Enhanced Crafting mod, though I don't see it in your mod list. You must somehow have a remnant of that mod in your system; getting rid of it should fix your issue.

Dragging with Outfitter should be ok now if you're using the latest version of my mod. I don't know of any compatibility issues with JTExport, though of course it won't export settings from this mod.

crusader2010

Found the issue! It was due to JTExport (that's where the AcEnhancedCrafting error was coming from). After removing the mod, everything showed up properly. Going to contact the author and let him know.
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

falconne

Ah right yeah, good catch. Let the mod developer know Enhanced Crafting has been deprecated so they can remove the support for it.

falconne

New update published:

• When a single bill is copied, a "Paste Into" button now appears on every other bill, in the bill details and workbench overview screen. This button will paste all compatible settings from the source bill into the target bill, except for the output product itself. For e.g., you can create a number of tailoring jobs for different items of clothing, adjust the production counts and material filters for one and paste these into all the others. Any job's settings can be pasted into another, but not all settings are compatible between all recipes; incompatible settings will not be copied.

• When a linked bill is suspended or unsuspended, now all linked bills will take on the same status (can be configured in Settings).

LAWolves

Quote from: falconne on January 09, 2018, 02:02:51 PM

• When a single bill is copied, a "Paste Into" button now appears on every other bill, in the bill details and workbench overview screen. This button will paste all compatible settings from the source bill into the target bill, except for the output product itself. For e.g., you can create a number of tailoring jobs for different items of clothing, adjust the production counts and material filters for one and paste these into all the others. Any job's settings can be pasted into another, but not all settings are compatible between all recipes; incompatible settings will not be copied.

I was waiting for something just like that to copy my single bills but you went above and beyond! Love your work!

Crow_T

Quote from: falconne on January 09, 2018, 02:02:51 PM
New update published:

• When a single bill is copied, a "Paste Into" button now appears on every other bill, in the bill details and workbench overview screen. This button will paste all compatible settings from the source bill into the target bill, except for the output product itself.
Awesome, this is pretty awesome indeed. So much set up grind averted[/list]
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20