[1.2] Better Workbench Management (QoL mod)

Started by falconne, May 30, 2017, 06:16:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranisimo

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.  #1 MOD ON THE RIM
I'm a real life boomrat.

falconne

Just made an update with new feature added by @alextd on Github: "Do Until X" bills can now also count any equipped weapons and shield belts, extending the existing "Count equipped clothing" functionality.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: falconne on February 26, 2018, 02:13:27 AM
Just made an update with new feature added by @alextd on Github: "Do Until X" bills can now also count any equipped weapons and shield belts, extending the existing "Count equipped clothing" functionality.

Awesome! Thanks guys ;D

BlackSmokeDMax

Kori

Thanks for improving this great mod even further. :)

Harry_Dicks

Should we now be using the newest version that was just pushed to GitHub?

falconne

Just the newest release, v18.8 linked in the first post. Next version is still in progress.

Lethe

Thank you! The mod's great! I can now filter out cloth from being used in tailoring :D <3

I can also now can set my butcher human bill to only allow my psychopath cook butcher them. Excellent! It always annoyed me if I was not paying attention one of my 'normal' colonists would butcher a human and then complain about it afterwards. Like, wtf. Don't do it then! I didn't force you to do the bill! You could've just made pemmican!

falconne

Hey all, here's another update from @alextd on Github with some bug fixes and new features. As usual with large updates I'd like a little playtesting on the update before I update the Steam Workshop version, though I don't expect any problems.

If you can, try the new version from Github: https://github.com/Falconne/ImprovedWorkbenches/releases/download/v18.10/ImprovedWorkbenches-18.10.0.zip and let me know if you have any issues. You don't need to exercise the new features if you don't need to, just check that the counts look right on some existing bills and they stay right after a couple of hours play.

The new features are:
* Fixed bug where "count in" and "take to" stockpile settings got cleared when game is saved on another map.

* It is now possible to count any item worn, equipped or carried by any colonist or colony animal.

* Added option to also count items on colonists and animals originating at the bill's map, but are away on caravans, raids, etc.

* Added option to count installed statues, if desired.

Harry_Dicks

Hell yeah, awesome! I had been watching the commit updates on GitHub recently and was curious when the next update was coming out. Thank you! ;D

falconne

Added a new feature to the test release (have updated the link above):

Added Mod Option to set "Drop on floor" as default for new bills instead of "Take to best stockpile"

Kori

Quote from: falconne on March 10, 2018, 04:26:32 PM
Added a new feature to the test release (have updated the link above):

Added Mod Option to set "Drop on floor" as default for new bills instead of "Take to best stockpile"

Thank you!

Harry_Dicks

Hey on the latest release I was able to find the actual mod folder within the "dist" folder. However, I don't think most users will recognize they need to extract only this folder from the downloaded file.

Harry_Dicks

Hey, so the newest version that I am trying to use is getting me a shit ton of yellow errors. Here's the log. Looks like it's messing up the help entries or something. Thanks!

https://git.io/vxe4D

falconne

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on March 11, 2018, 10:30:21 AM
Hey on the latest release I was able to find the actual mod folder within the "dist" folder. However, I don't think most users will recognize they need to extract only this folder from the downloaded file.

Sorry, I forgot to attach the actual release properly. What you downloaded was probably the source code archive which is why you are getting errors.

I have fixed the link above. Can you try again?