[1.2] Better Workbench Management (QoL mod)

Started by falconne, May 30, 2017, 06:16:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock5

I have a feature request I think might be suitable for this mod. Basically I would like a "Suspend when satisfied" option.

I made a mod request for this but it was pointed out your mod might be a good place to ask for it.  I'll repeat what I posted here.

Here's the scenario. I get a trade request for 20 Ikwa of normal quality or better which I decide to do. I set the bill on the smithy to make 20 Ikwa but realise that if I just make 20 they might not all meet the requirements of normal quality or better. So I set it to "do until" I have 20 and set the count filter to normal quality.

Some time later, after I return with my pawn having completed the trade request, I notice that I have another 20 Ikwa in my stockpile and realise I forgot to cancel the work bill after it was completed.

This happens to me all the time. I sort of wish I could use the "pause when satisfied" option to pause it permanently but it can't do that. I think what we need is a "Suspend when satisfied" option as well.

An alternative is to include the quality filter with the "do x times" option although I don't know if this is something you could do.

What do you think?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Madman666

In fact i would like to expand on that topic - it would be also nice to have an option for a bill to automatically delete itself upon reaching either required number of specified quality items, or doing it x amount of times. Considering that i heard even currently inactive bills are being checked by pawns and lower overall performance, this would be a useful feature if its not too messy to implement.

Madman666

wolfsilver00

Would be cool if we could see the item in the bill detail.. For example, right now if you want to see the stats of different apparel items, u have to make new bill, choose what you want, go into details then go into the info.. If we could have the info of the item in the bill details to make it, it would save a lot of time, even more if we can choose different variations of the materials, which we currently cannot even in the info panel, we are stuck for example with the stats of a cloth t-shit, and are unable to choose another cloth or leather to see the result. Even filtering the materials to one material only it still shows the default which is usually cloth or plain leather

Resurak

hi falconne! do you plan to update to 1.1? really love this mod btw, it's essential!!

falconne

phuhque

I have noticed that if you select more than one workbench of the same type, and click on append or load bills, it only applies to the first work bench.  Is it supposed to work like when several shelves are selected and you click on the option to paste settings?

Canute

I don't think that is supose to work.
You should just create the bill at one workbench, then copy them all and create links to these bills at the other workbenches.
At this way you just need to edit the bill at the primary table.

SAG

I have a great idea for a mod which is sort of simmilar!

Its called:

Glitterworld planning software!

Its an upgrade for a comms computer and unlocks at the same time.

What it is does is turn the comms console into a proper planning computer which lists:

1: All workbenches and available bills

And best of all it:

2: It orders ALL colony tasks into a unbreakable numbered task list..

So that in this central console you can control build order, and colonist will always stick to this build order no matter what.

You can control haul order and colonist will always stick to this no matter what.

You can control Crafting order across benches and colonist will always stick to it. Meaning if you have multiple bills at benches, lets say they are all crafting, and 1 crafting colonist, then YOU can deside what order things will be crafted and at what bench..

Because its Glittertech I think there should be a cool user friendly big letter interface with multiple tabs. Maybe simmilar to a fallout pip boy but more readable.

3: Ofcourse you can assign what colonist should build or craft what item etc..

4: Who wants to help me make this mod?

Canute

Sounds like an old version of Colony manager ! :-)
But since the crafting feauture of the colony manager rarely was used by people, the author didn't include it at the current version.

falconne