Best weirdness of the day

Started by BanzaiBlitz, November 26, 2013, 03:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rex705

I was doing a live stream of Rimworld and some crazy weirdness went down. I guess one of the mods I was using had some issues after loading an autosave.

I had some visitors over from another colony and after a while I noticed they didn't seem to want to leave and just hung out in my lunch room even passing out and sleeping on the floor. I didn't think anything of it and continued with construction of the colony when one of my guys was having a mental break from being tired. I wondered why he refused to go to bed so I went to check on his room only to find one of the visitors sleeping in his bed! I sent one of my colonist to arrest the visitor but my guy was still freaking out and refusing to sleep so I went back to find ANOTHER visitor in his bed!

Now I'm just mad and start throwing down sleeping bags trying to save my poor tired colonist but the visitors just jump right into the beds. I have had enough of these guys so I order my colonist to arrest them all and that's when the gun battle began. The visitors are not happy I locked them up so 2 or 3 of them started shooting and we waged war over who get's control of the colony. In the end everyone was dead all of colonist and all of the visitors. The prisoners went insane and killed each other.

Tynan

Quote from: Rex705 on April 23, 2014, 12:16:08 PM
I was doing a live stream of Rimworld and some crazy weirdness went down. I guess one of the mods I was using had some issues after loading an autosave.

I had some visitors over from another colony and after a while I noticed they didn't seem to want to leave and just hung out in my lunch room even passing out and sleeping on the floor. I didn't think anything of it and continued with construction of the colony when one of my guys was having a mental break from being tired. I wondered why he refused to go to bed so I went to check on his room only to find one of the visitors sleeping in his bed! I sent one of my colonist to arrest the visitor but my guy was still freaking out and refusing to sleep so I went back to find ANOTHER visitor in his bed!

Now I'm just mad and start throwing down sleeping bags trying to save my poor tired colonist but the visitors just jump right into the beds. I have had enough of these guys so I order my colonist to arrest them all and that's when the gun battle began. The visitors are not happy I locked them up so 2 or 3 of them started shooting and we waged war over who get's control of the colony. In the end everyone was dead all of colonist and all of the visitors. The prisoners went insane and killed each other.

This is unbelievably hilarious. I never thought the visitors would start sleeping in your beds!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Dr. Z

Did you record the stream? If so, could you post a link because I want to see it :)
Prasie the Squirrel!

Rex705

Sadly I didn't have it recording at the time :( It was the Arachnid Threat mod that bugged everything up after loading an auto save. I had never used the mod before so I guess it doesn't play nice with my other mods.

Darth Fool

Surgeon who can't do medicine working along side of a janitor who can.

Bodog999

I have a lot of mods installed on Rimworld including alpha muffalo's which are strongly build muffalo's (350 health and 20 attack damage). I was playing on randy random and when 1000p raiders landed and directly attacked me, well a madness wave came over my colony. I accedently clicked the message away without seeing what animals were infected. I checked all the animals. Guess what... the alpha muffalo's were gone mad and I think there were 3 infected out of 5 and all the 3 happend to be near the raiders. Randy saved me because most of my colonists were incapacitated from the last fight (only had 2 non-incapacitated colonists) and most of the turrets were badly damaged or destroyed and an electrical explosion happend just before a solar wave. So when the alpha muffalo's attacked they killed all the raiders and they died due to molotovs and frag granades (a pirate threw a frag granade to an alpha muffalo and he stand to close, he killed himself, the alpha muffalo and his teammate

goudgeld1

Wow! I would have loved that video! It sounds like an hilarious bug  :)