Some really easy to implement (but great) ideas

Started by MobileOak, May 24, 2017, 11:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MobileOak

Love this game, have been playing it for about a year now.

I had a couple ideas that would make a couple things in this game less frustrating:

1. When you click on one of the menu buttons under Architect, it should highlight the one you have open. For instance, if I have "Floors" open, the floors button should get a yellow/orange highlight. The reason for this request is that since almost all of the menus start with a "Cancel" command first, at times I don't recognize that I've already got the menu open that I want to use, and so I go to click on Floors (or furniture, etc) and instead of keeping floors open for me, it closes the whole menu. This always confuses me for a moment and then I realize what had happened.

2. When I'm using the comms console to request a caravan, I almost always want to request caravans from every faction that I have standing with. But once I call one faction, I can't call another faction without first exiting out of the comms console, pausing the game, and then telling the pawn to use the console again. There should be at the base of the menu tree, the option to contact any of the factions (and maybe remove the faction list from the console right-click?) so that I can request multiple caravans with just one command to the pawn.

AngleWyrm

Great suggestions!

And Hiya
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

corestandeven

Second. The first idea would surely take no time at all to do. The second makes perfect sense. If they are at the console why cant they do more than one function in one sitting? It is like suggesting that when I post of this forum I have to shut down my PC, stand up, walk away, and start the PC up to post on the forum again. :)

Jimyoda

Quote from: MobileOak on May 24, 2017, 11:51:41 AM
-snip-
1. When you click on one of the menu buttons under Architect, it should highlight the one you have open. For instance, if I have "Floors" open, the floors button should get a yellow/orange highlight. The reason for this request is that since almost all of the menus start with a "Cancel" command first, at times I don't recognize that I've already got the menu open that I want to use, and so I go to click on Floors (or furniture, etc) and instead of keeping floors open for me, it closes the whole menu. This always confuses me for a moment and then I realize what had happened.
-snip-
My god, yes! That. Exactly. Happens to me ALL the time. I think your suggestion to highlight the current menu would really help.
<Quick tip though, when no architect menu is open, right-click anywhere on the map and the most recent menu should open back up.>
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

OFWG

Quote from: Jimyoda on May 24, 2017, 01:55:56 PM
Quote from: MobileOak on May 24, 2017, 11:51:41 AM
-snip-
1. When you click on one of the menu buttons under Architect, it should highlight the one you have open.
-snip-
My god, yes! That. Exactly. Happens to me ALL the time. I think your suggestion to highlight the current menu would really help.
<Quick tip though, when no architect menu is open, right-click anywhere on the map and the most recent menu should open back up.>

+1, yes please. Also thanks for the tip :)
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

MobileOak

I just realized I should probably have posted this to the "cheap ideas" forum instead, but I don't know the etiquette here - should I also post it there? Or post a link there to this thread or something?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: MobileOak on May 30, 2017, 12:31:49 PM
I just realized I should probably have posted this to the "cheap ideas" forum instead, but I don't know the etiquette here - should I also post it there? Or post a link there to this thread or something?

You've done good .. it's worse to post something really big as a small idea :)

also +1 for each of the suggestions :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.