Ambrosia

Started by Edixo, May 15, 2017, 08:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edixo

$15 a fruit? That's pricey!

Is there any reason not to just hoard and sell it? And why isn't it classified as a social drug?
Nothing says "Home Security" like 50 turrets

mumblemumble

I'm wondering why its named after the drug in deus ex which prevented the plague....wait, does this prevent the plague too?  :D
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

dburgdorf

Quote from: mumblemumble on May 15, 2017, 09:33:23 PM
I'm wondering why its named after the drug in deus ex which prevented the plague....

Hmm. I'd just assumed it was named after the "food of the gods" from Greek mythology.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

mumblemumble

Heh... Apparently you are more literate on these terms than I am, but I admit I didn't research into it, and just made a comment without thinking

Hats off for correcting me. I always appreciate it.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

dburgdorf

Quote from: mumblemumble on May 15, 2017, 11:13:09 PMHats off for correcting me. I always appreciate it.

I wasn't correcting you. I have no idea what Tynan was thinking when he came up with the name. :)

We just recognize the name from different sources.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

ReZpawner

Isn't Ambrosia, the food of the gods, supposed to be blue according to the myths?

dburgdorf

Quote from: ReZpawner on May 16, 2017, 01:53:41 AMIsn't Ambrosia, the food of the gods, supposed to be blue according to the myths?

I have no clue.

I did have a friend many years ago in college, though, who told me about one year when his family Thanksgiving gathering was at his "weird" aunt's home, who brought out to the table for the main course a bright blue turkey....

Did the Greek deities favor bright food coloring, too?  :)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

AspenShadow

Hehe, actually I came up with that name. I talked a lot with Tynan about what my special Backer Tier reward would be and I decided on the Ambrosia fruit.

And yes, while I do like Deus Ex I'd forgotten about their 'Ambrosia', it is indeed named after the Greek food of the gods.

Panzer

Hehe, nice ;D I really like Ambrosia, kind of a super drug for me. Takes half a year to spoil, +5 mood and 50% joy, really good for pissed off caravans.
Addiction isnt really a problem, you dont get punished even with massive tolerance, and the -10 mood of withdrawal is absolutely manageable.