[B18] NIA's mod list - update: Panacea B18 (10.02.2017)

Started by NoImageAvailable, May 31, 2017, 01:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoImageAvailable

Wolfpack

"As pack hunters, wolves have a complex social life and are fiercely intelligent." Or so claims the ingame description. Long have stories circulated among Rimworlders about the mythical "wolf pack", yet there has never been a confirmed sighting of wolves congregating in any way, shape or form. Until now.

Features
This is a small xpath mod to adjust wolf spawn rates and group sizes. Timber and arctic wolves will now spawn in groups of 2-5, same as vanilla wargs. In addition, biome spawn weight for wolves and wargs was tripled to facilitate this change.

Compatibility
Should be compatible with everything that doesn't also mess with wolf spawn group sizes or biome weights.

Download
GitHub
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Cabdono

Ooh thank you, i quite like the look of wolf fur on my stuff :)

O Negative

Was it really so simple to make wolves hunt in packs like this? ._.

NoImageAvailable

Panacea

Ever had your town negotiator loose an ear and suddenly everyone is starting fist-fights with him because he's "disfigured"? Installed a bionic arm because your crafter lost a pinky? Wished all that useless Glitterworld medicine was useful for something other than collecting dust as you hoard it "just in case"?

No more! With this patented new wonder-tonic, all your ailments will go away! Just one application will make all those nasty scars disappear and even grow back missing limbs! Order yours today, for the amazing price of only $99.99/month you will receive a lifetime supply of our new Panacea wondercure, guaranteed to heal all ailments!*

*Does not actually heal all ailments. May contain traces of soy, peanuts and snake oil.

Features
The goal of this mod is to provide a balanced set of options for dealing with permanent injuries while integrating seamlessly into vanilla. It is intended to be a lightweight alternative to large overhauls such as EPOE for people who don't want all the additional content such mods add.

It adds several new surgeries:
  • Reconstructive surgery: requires steel and medicine. Allows restoring missing noses and ears to get rid of the disfigured penalty.
  • Graft synthetic tissue: requires Panacea and medicine. Removes or reduces permanent scars on the patient. The exact amount of damage restored depends on the skill of the surgeon. Heavily scarred patients might require multiple treatments to fully heal.
  • Graft synthetic digit: requires steel, Panacea and medicine. Restores lost fingers and toes.

Panacea is a new resource crafted at the drug lab using Glitterworld medicine and neutroamine after medicine crafting is researched.

Additionally, this mod adds two new painkillers: Paradol and Methoxine. These can also be crafted from neutroamine after medicine crafting is unlocked. They're also sold by any traders who stock drugs and are usually cheap and in good supply. When ingested they will provide a flat 10/20% reduction to pain, getting rid of the "in pain" mood debuffs on scarred colonists.

Download
GitHub

Credits
Art by Shinzy, BobDoleV

Future plans
  • Add treatment for chronic diseases (Alzheimer's, frail, etc.)
  • Add treatment for spinal and brain damage

BlackSmokeDMax

Hmmm, like the look of that new Panacea mod! My guess is it should be used in place of DESurgeries? Might have to give that a try next game, to at least compare the two.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on June 09, 2017, 11:40:16 AM
Hmmm, like the look of that new Panacea mod! My guess is it should be used in place of DESurgeries? Might have to give that a try next game, to at least compare the two.

Didn't know about that mod until now, actually. Looking at the feature list it looks like it doesn't have any surgery for scar removal or painkillers though. Only overlap is the digit reconstruction.

There might be more if I ever get around to implementing stuff like cures for Altzheimer's, etc. but then I'd probably do something slightly more involved than just a recipe to remove the hediff. E.g. to remove Frail you pump someone full of Go-Juice and while their muscles are regenerating there is a chance of them going into roid rage or something.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on June 09, 2017, 03:22:56 PM
Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on June 09, 2017, 11:40:16 AM

Didn't know about that mod until now, actually. Looking at the feature list it looks like it doesn't have any surgery for scar removal or painkillers though. Only overlap is the digit reconstruction.

There might be more if I ever get around to implementing stuff like cures for Altzheimer's, etc. but then I'd probably do something slightly more involved than just a recipe to remove the hediff. E.g. to remove Frail you pump someone full of Go-Juice and while their muscles are regenerating there is a chance of them going into roid rage or something.

I'm not sure about the painkillers, but it definitely has scar removal. It calls them out in operations via "cure X, (# med), Y", where X is the wound type, and Y is the body part the scar" - for instance on a scratch scar on the ear it would say "Cure scratch, (2 meds), Ear"

There is also a repair surgery similarly labeled that uses higher level meds, not sure what the difference is....

Anyway, I'll take it for a spin next game and compare them. I'll have to remember to actually use it in my current game. LOL, lot of the time I'll have mods loaded I don't end up using.

Just looked a bit more at the most recent thread: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=22120.0

here is a bit of the OP in that thread:

2 cosmetic surgeries: Ear and Nose.
        8 chronic surgeries: Bad back, Frail, Cataract, Hearing loss, Dementia, Alzheimers, Asthma and Heart artery blockage
        12 injury surgeries: Burn, Crush, Crack, Cut, Surgical cut, Scratch, Bite, Stab, Gunshot, Shredded, Bruise, Frostbite
        2 Parasite surgeries : Muscle Parasite, Gut Worms
        8 bone/limb surgeries: Finger, Toe, Mandible, Pelvis, Clavicles, Sternum, Rib cage and Spine

Looks like some of the stuff you were thinking of doing.

Hope you don't think I'm messing with you about this, but I certainly don't want you to waste your time re-inventing the wheel either! And it's also very possible you may have a different way of doing it or may want to balance it completely differently, so I'll just stop blabbering on now.

neet0

If the Space UN ever shows up A Block of the prison was never referred to as Organ Retrieval Site Alpha. And B Block was never called Molotov Testing Area. Also I have no idea what those mounds out back are.

leeadriancatfox

Does the Panacea helps regenerate my deformed pet's nose?

E_T

the Github link only shows the source code downloads, no zip file for the mods (wolfpack & Pancea) themselves...
WIP

kaptain_kavern

You can click on the green Download button in Github to generate a .zip file for the project

gloomyMoron

I hate to be one of "those" people, but... any ETA on an update to B18? I know the holidays are a thing, so I don't expect anything soonish, just curious if I should hold out for this.

bigdognz

Quote from: gloomyMoron on December 17, 2017, 02:17:19 AM
I hate to be one of "those" people, but... any ETA on an update to B18? I know the holidays are a thing, so I don't expect anything soonish, just curious if I should hold out for this.

Someone on steam has modified the file to work with B18 http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=937331021

There are a few problems with the mod however - firstly the grave shows the visual as covered up after only one corpse has been placed in. And secondly you can't manually order a pawn to bury a corpse/add it to the mass grave (when one is available) it just says there is no grave available - even though pawns will automatically add corpses to the grave up to 20.

I'm not sure if these issues were present in the original A17 mod or they are just a problem with the above file modified to (kind of) work with B18.

NoImageAvailable

Harry_Dicks

Awesome!

Not to tell you how to run your mod releases, but I would recommend having a base folder for Mass Graves, otherwise people can't just easily point it to their mods folder (and I do know that I can make the folder from 7zip, but I'm sure not everyone will think about this). Not a biggie, but it does make things easier for us end users. I appreciate all of your hard work on your mods, thank you!