[1.3] [KV] Force Pawn to Do a Job [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, June 01, 2017, 01:42:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notfood

Ohh that's good then. I'll add my mods too in that case.

Kiame

Update:
Adding 2 settings:
-Allow Orders Outside Allowed Areas --- defaulted to True
-Allow All Pawns To Do All Jobs (when manually told) --- defaulted to False

Harry_Dicks

So I'm a bit confused. Is this like Pawns Are Capable!, or does this just allow you to have a pawn do a job, but only if they are capable, but not require you to go to the work tab and enable this job category temporarily? So I can use this with both Pawns Are Capable! and they should work together?

Kiame

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 12, 2018, 06:17:52 PM
So I'm a bit confused. Is this like Pawns Are Capable!, or does this just allow you to have a pawn do a job, but only if they are capable, but not require you to go to the work tab and enable this job category temporarily? So I can use this with both Pawns Are Capable! and they should work together?

Your description of what this mod does is correct. I do remember i tried this w/ Pawns Are Capable a long while ago and it did work.

This mod can be removed from saves without a problem so if it doesn't work it won't break anything.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Kiame on February 13, 2018, 01:17:16 AM
Your description of what this mod does is correct. I do remember i tried this w/ Pawns Are Capable a long while ago and it did work.

This mod can be removed from saves without a problem so if it doesn't work it won't break anything.

Nice! ;D This should actually be a huge QoL improvement for me.

EDIT: Well now I've got a warning that pops, from Pawns Are Capable! if both mods are loaded

You should remove "Force Do Job" from your mod list, as "Pawns are Capable!" incorporates its functionality, and if both mods are running, you may encounter odd behavior.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
PawnsAreCapable.PawnsAreCapable_Initializer:Setup()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent(Boolean&)
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Entry:Update()

Kiame

Reading the description it sounds like Pawns Are Capable already has this mod's functions (which i was not aware of)

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Kiame on February 13, 2018, 10:19:43 AM
Reading the description it sounds like Pawns Are Capable already has this mod's functions (which i was not aware of)

Maybe I am not remembering this correctly, but I thought with PAC! you still have to go into the work tab and enable a job to make a pawn perform a task. For example, say I have a pawn that is incapable of hauling. I want to be able to click this pawn, and right click on something that is available to be hauled, and have him haul it this way through the context menu, without me having to first go into the work tab to enable hauling (as a hated work type, thanks to PAC!).

I was thinking your mod will allow me to skip having to enable the work type, while PAC! would allow me to still have "hated" work types. Not speaking for anyone else, but this would be my ideal setup, if possible ;)

Kiame

Harry, yes that's exactly how it worked when i tested it months ago (back in early A17 iirc)

Pawn1: Not assigned to cooking but is capable of cooking
Pawn2: Cannot cook

W/ Force Pawn
I select Pawn1 and right click the stove, he can be assigned to cook and will cook
I select Pawn2 and right click the stove, disabled action saying he cannot cook

W/ Force Pawn and PAC!
I select either Pawn1 or Pawn2, either can be assigned to cook and will cook (Pawn2 takes the penalty for doing so)

I'm busy IRL at this time so investigating these issues is not currently on my schedule. You may want to inquire further on the PAC! thread. You can also just load up a game and see if anything breaks, that's usually where i start  :)  (just make sure to backup the save)

Harry_Dicks

I'll put it on my list of things to test today ;)

Just wasn't sure if I was having a misunderstanding. I'm a bit dense, if anyone hasn't noticed ::)

I want to say I also really appreciate you taking the time to answer these questions, even though you are taking a break right now. Thank you, Kiame.

Canute

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 13, 2018, 12:34:17 PM
Quote from: Kiame on February 13, 2018, 10:19:43 AM

Maybe I am not remembering this correctly, but I thought with PAC! you still have to go into the work tab and enable a job to make a pawn perform a task. For example, say I have a pawn that is incapable of hauling. I want to be able to click this pawn, and right click on something that is available to be hauled, and have him haul it this way through the context menu, without me having to first go into the work tab to enable hauling (as a hated work type, thanks to PAC!).

I was thinking your mod will allow me to skip having to enable the work type, while PAC! would allow me to still have "hated" work types. Not speaking for anyone else, but this would be my ideal setup, if possible ;)

Since i just used PAC.
- You can priority any pawn to do anything even without enable it at the worktab.
- At the worktab you can assign any pawn to do any work, but he will be unhappy about it if he unable to do that work.

Kiame

Thanks Canute

So in short, if using PAC! it looks like this mod is not needed

Kiame