What does the <speed> tag do?

Started by apljee, April 30, 2014, 04:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apljee

I'm making WW2 Weapons pack, and I'm wondering what the <speed> tag does. Is it reload speed, or bullet speed?

Architect

Well what is it in, the bullet def or the gun def? :P
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Tynan

It's in the bullet, at it's the speed of the bullet in units per second.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

apljee

Quote from: Tynan on April 30, 2014, 05:07:16 PM
It's in the bullet, at it's the speed of the bullet in units per second.
I'd assume ticksBetweenBurstShots is the reload speed?

Tynan

It's the number of ticks between each shot in a burst.

You can probably figure most of this out just from looking at the weapons defs.

apljee

Quote from: Tynan on April 30, 2014, 05:23:02 PM

Sorry, last question. :p
Does that mean WarmupTicks is the reload speed?

Tynan

There is no "reload speed"; weapons in RimWorld don't reload. The warmup ticks is the number of ticks it takes for a weapon to fire after the pawn starts aiming it.

Cala13er

Quote from: Tynan on April 30, 2014, 05:23:02 PM

I'll also add onto that, just incase he doesn't know. 60 Ticks is a second. so if you put <ticksBetweenBurstShots>120</ticksBetweenBurstShots> There will be a 2 second time gap inbetween each shot.

More examples :
<ticksBetweenBurstShots>10</ticksBetweenBurstShots> There will be a 6th of a second time gap inbetween each shot.
<ticksBetweenBurstShots>600000</ticksBetweenBurstShots> There will be 10,000 second time gap inbetween each shot.
<ticksBetweenBurstShots>12000000000</ticksBetweenBurstShots> There will be a 200 million second gap inbetween each shot.

Yeah, I'm going to stop now. :P

Tynan

apljee

Quote from: Tynan on April 30, 2014, 05:26:01 PM
There is no "reload speed"; weapons in RimWorld don't reload. The warmup ticks is the number of ticks it takes for a weapon to fire after the pawn starts aiming it.
I'm not talking about a literal reload speed, I'm talking about the amount of time it takes to shoot after you shoot a single bullet - for example, if I set my burst shot count to one, I'm wondering what I would have to alter in order to change the amount of time inbetween each time the person shoots, not in between each burst shot

apljee

Quote from: Tynan on April 30, 2014, 05:32:57 PM
Wiki it!

Instead of annoying you, do not reply to my other question. I will instead use wiki like you suggested.  ;D

Tynan

No I just mean that info Cala13er wrote should go on the wiki.

As for what you're asking, that's warmup ticks combined with cooldownTicks.

The sequence is:

Start trying to shoot -> wait for warmup ticks -> fire shot -> wait ticksBetweenBurstShots -> fire shot -> wait ticksBetweenBurstShots -> wait for cooldownTicks -> back to warmup ticks.

Obviously the number of shots in the burst can change.

Cala13er

Hahaha, okay! Will add it now. Also Ty, could you check I got this page correct? I know LongByte created it but all the info came from my tutorial, he just moved it to another page.

http://rimworldwiki.com/index.php?title=TerrainDef&redirect=no

Tynan

Some corrections:

Clarify: renderprecedence determines which renders on top when they blend.

Note: defName, label, and description are common to all def types.

surfacesSupported lists what surfaces the terrain supports when you want to build on it. surfacesNeeded determines what needs to be there for you to build the terrain. This is reverse in the wiki page.

workTobuild isn't in ticks; it can be modified by skill and other factors.

acceptTerrainSourceFilth doens't affect all filth; only filth from terrains. e.g. any terrain can get blood on it.