[A17][WIP] Industrial Revolution - v0.0.7 (September 2nd)

Started by Inverness, June 02, 2017, 08:02:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inverness

Description
Brings Rimworld's technology into the charming time of the Industrial Revolution (1800s - 1920s) with themed apparel, objects, weapons, buildings, and research.

Features
New themed objects and research which is by default unlocked unless you pick the new Drifters
scenario, which allows you to start with no research without being a bunch of barbaric tribals. (Instead you can be a band of rapscallions!)

New weapons and security: Barbed wire, Arc-Rifle, and the Arc-Tower
New resource: Coal
New power generators: Portable Generator, Steam engine, and the Industrial Steam Engine
New buildings: Arc Lamp, Telegraph
New apparel, including Apparello by Shinzy.

Recommended: Call of Cthulhu - Industrial Age by Jecrell

Brings the wonderful invention of air travel to your world!
Now you can travel the world in 80 days. Adds the airship and biplane.

For compatibility with Orbital Hubs United Dropships, install OHU version instead. Drag and drop contents into the OHU mod folder. (Requires OHU)

Feature Plans: Hot air balloon

Credit to Cpt.Ohu: Orbital Hubs United - Dropships

Download OHU version

Adds weapons and turrets from the Great War.

* = Guns that allow bayonets to be attached to them

Rifles: *Berthier Rifle, *Mauser Rifle, *C96 Rifle, *Automatic Rifle
Automatic: *Trench Shotgun, *Beretta OVP, *MP18, Lewis MG, Chauchat MG
Pistols: C96 Pistol, Mars Pistol, Webley Revolver, Beaumont Revolver, Colt Revolver, Remington Revolver
Artillery: Maxim Gun, Light Cannon, Light Mortar,
Melee: Bayonet, Truncheon

Adds weapons and turrets from the 1800s.
Credit to Anonemous2

* = Guns that allow bayonets to be attached to them

Rifles: Revolver Rifle, Henry Rifle, Spencer Rifle, Trench shotgun, *Flintlock Rifle
Pistols: Bergmann Pistol, Volcanic Pistol, Colt Revolver, Remington Revolver, Webley Revolver, Beaumont Revolver, Flintlock Pistol, Cavalry Pistol
Melee: Truncheon, Saber, Broadsword
Artillery: Gatling Gun, Field Cannon

Author
Inverness

Download
Dropbox

Info
This mod needs testing and feedback, especially with balancing. I'm more of an artist than a coder, so rough code is definite. Anything other than XML is sadly beyond me.

I tried not to replace any core features but there may be some edits present such as pawnkinds and apparels. The mod does not remove anything from the game.

Some textures and assets featured in this mod are not my own, please read the credits for the original creators.

Feature Plans
*Taking suggestions
  • Combat Extended patch
  • Dishonored themed pack
  • Steampunk themed pack
  • New factions, pawns, and apparel
  • New themed objects (Film projectors, Bellows camera, etc)
  • New production methods
Compatibility
For now place Industrial Revolution near the top of your load order to reduce incompatibility.
  • Headgear Frame: Included in mod.
Known Issues
  • Some aspects of the mod are quite possibly unbalanced.

Changelog
-6/02/2017 (v0.0.1) - Release for testing
-6/03/2017 (v0.0.2) - Updated graphics. Edited research tabs and tweaked some stats. Removed vanilla replacements.
Made some of the Industrial Era research unlocked by default and added new scenario 'Drifters' which has no research unlocked
-6/06/2017 (v0.0.3) - Fixes. Updated graphics (New broadsword and saber textures). Tweaks to spawning and stats.
-6/07/2017 (v0.0.4) - Balancing and tweaks
-8/09/2017 (v0.0.5) - Multiple fixes and tweaks. New locomotion pack which adds a functional airship and biplane. New weapons: Truncheon, Arc Rifle.
-8/27/2017 (v0.0.6) - Fixes and texture updates
-9/02/2017 (v0.0.7) - Added Bergmann pistol and the Chauchat Machine Gun. Fixes and edits.

Credits
eatKenny/duduluu - Turret Collection (Basis for Arc Tower/Tesla Gun)
Skullywag - Skullywags Weapon Packs (Gauss Weapons Assembly)
Anonemous2 - Historical Weapons (Remington, Gatling gun, Repeater rifles, Enfield, Volcanic pistol, MP18)
jecrell - Call of Cthulhu (Bowler hat, Fedora, Trench coat, Shirt)
Shinzy - Apparello
Vaniat - Headgear Frame

License
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/

You are free to use any assets/textures from the mod.

Mitz

Looks quite good! will keep an eye on this~
It's sad autism's an insult, then i must be an insult.
and my cat also must be an insult, as well as every other cat in the universe.
space cats.

Hydromancerx

Wonderful! I am so glad more modders are filling in the timeline. It is so fun to play through the ages.

Are some assets taken from this mod? Or are they just remade to use the same type of things.

Napoleonic Era Mod
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=27053.0

Can you make content that doesn't replace vanilla items?

Inverness

Quote from: Hydromancerx on June 02, 2017, 01:00:24 PM
Wonderful! I am so glad more modders are filling in the timeline. It is so fun to play through the ages.

Are some assets taken from this mod? Or are they just remade to use the same type of things.

Can you make content that doesn't replace vanilla items?

Thanks! No assets from that mod were used. If you are referring to the vanilla replacement pack, I could create a version that adds those items instead of replacing the vanilla ones if preferable. Also, my plan is to create more items that don't replace vanilla, like film projectors for example.

kaptain_kavern

Hydromancerx

Yes please make your items not replace any vanilla items. Since its fun to advance in technology over time. Thus having say a Comms Console available for later would be nice.

Inverness

Update
-3/6/2017 (v0.0.2) - Updated graphics. Edited research tabs and tweaked some stats. Removed vanilla replacements. Made some of the Industrial Era research unlocked by default and added new scenario 'Drifters' which has no research unlocked.

This means, for example, you can research the Telegraph before you get the Comms Console. Both are functionally the same, however.

koni

This is wow. You just started it an I love it. Nice mod!

Razzoriel

Is it licensed? Can others use your textures? I'd love to use them in a personal overhaul I'm doing.

Inverness

My assets can be used freely in your mods, credits to their original creators would be appreciated.  :)

koaniil

Prepeare carefully not working with you mod. )

IHateRegistering

There seem to be still a few overrides to vanilla stuff with the main mod - it flat out refused to work with the headgear frame mod for example, deleting all the xmls that referenced vanilla defs seems to have fixed it.

daman2501

I love the idea and the concept of the MOD, been rooting for someone to make a propper attempt into this era. Sadly the MODS aren`t Prepare carefully compatible and that kills my desire to test, if you could attempt to do even a makeshift patch just for the sake of testing would really apreciate that ;)
YOU`RE DA-MAN!!!

Inverness

Strange, I haven't noticed an incompatibility with Prepare Carefully in my own testing, can you provide more information? What is happening when you use it?

Headgear Frame is already included in the mod, so errors will occur if you have them both activated at the same time. I'm inclined to remove it and link to the mod instead, but then my mod will throw errors without it being installed.

koaniil

Button prepere carefully, when i create my colonists, disapeare