This has got to stop :)

Started by mcfly666, April 26, 2014, 10:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcfly666

It's completely ruining the late game for me, too many bodies and the AI sends too many peeps at me. I've not got the fastest computer (3570K) but the pathing issues when the bandits come at me like that cause the computer to crawl at 2fps.

Instead of making the AI send 100 bandits at me, could it be possible to increase their health/difficulty? That should keep overheads/cpu cycles down whilst keeping the difficulty up.

On the pic, thats just the bandits that have gotten in, there are loads more in the wilderness.

Celthric Aysen

Thats quite a base you have there.
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Geeves

Well I can tell you, from reading the change log, Tynan is working on optimizing pathing and stuff to improve performance. This will solve 50% of your FPS problems I think.

The AI and their attacks will be more fleshed out someday as well. Yesterday I read somewhere that Tynan is also looking into bandit attacks as there are tons of people irritated about corpse overloads.
You know it is bedtime when you open a file called GeneralEffecters.xml and the first 2 words you notice are: Butcher and Children.
==============
Learning to program is easy. Learning to put what is in your mind into programming code, now that is the hard part.

Celthric Aysen

yeah, where/how do the raiders get their soldiers, i keep imagining a weird thing that i shouldn't dare say in the forums as its quite repulsive and offensive, but still tho what is the reason behind all this attacks?
why cant they kill 12 Colonist with 50 Raiders? why am i asking this questions? what is the purpose of this war? why can't we have peace? why can't i just give you a fresh supply of muffalos everyday to be friends with you? why can't i just cook you raiders some human meat to satisfy your need's? why? just why?

Darkfirephoenix

Quote from: Blackjack1000K on April 26, 2014, 11:22:16 AM
yeah, where/how do the raiders get their soldiers, i keep imagining a weird thing that i shouldn't dare say in the forums as its quite repulsive and offensive, but still tho what is the reason behind all this attacks?
why cant they kill 12 Colonist with 50 Raiders? why am i asking this questions? what is the purpose of this war? why can't we have peace? why can't i just give you a fresh supply of muffalos everyday to be friends with you? why can't i just cook you raiders some human meat to satisfy your need's? why? just why?

Nanomachines, Son ;)
I suspect that they have a hidden cloning facility or just have much "fun" (You can ask the same question about the GTA games etc.)
ANd why they are constantly attacking: Their great god Tynan gave them the command to attack you and die in the process. Just for fun, you know.  :P  ;D

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: Darkfirephoenix on April 26, 2014, 11:26:49 AM

Nanomachines, Son ;)
I suspect that they have a hidden cloning facility or just have much "fun" (You can ask the same question about the GTA games etc.)
ANd why they are constantly attacking: Their great god Tynan gave them the command to attack you and die in the process. Just for fun, you know.  :P  ;D
But how come they have different age,stats,thoughts,etc?

Darkfirephoenix

Aliens! ... And Nanomachines! :P

As I said before: The almighty god Tynan did command them to attack you and so the whole population of the universe will attack you untill ou die... Or your PC breaks down because it can't handle all the stuff it has to calculate!  ;D

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: Darkfirephoenix on April 26, 2014, 11:54:03 AM
Aliens! ... And Nanomachines! :P

As I said before: The almighty god Tynan did command them to attack you and so the whole population of the universe will attack you untill ou die... Or your PC breaks down because it can't handle all the stuff it has to calculate!  ;D
Unless you

mcfly666

Quote from: Blackjack1000K on April 26, 2014, 11:11:06 AM
Thats quite a base you have there.

Hehe, thanks though the good stuff is out of sight. That main area you see there is just my killing zone where I try to funnel the raiders into their deaths.

This went horribly wrong when I went to expand my base and all my peeps thought it would be better to clean than to repair the gaping hole in my defences, even after telling them to fix the wall, they did one piece and went away cleaning  :P

mcfly666

I agree, i don't have a problem with the frequency of the attacks (and all factions hate me) its just dealing with the aftermath and the calculations the AI uses to send raiders after you

There's just no point to it, a few of your colonists die and you think to yourself "i'll build 10 more turrets!"  Then the AI just sends more raiders...

You might as well stay in one room, micromanage, not build turrets and poodle on like that if the game punishes you every time you try and make yourself better (Quite a lazy way of doing it IMO) But the game is quite fun, at least at the start.

Evul

longbyte1

So this is what happens when you reach The Devil's Day (666)...

Geeves

Quote from: longbyte1 on April 26, 2014, 05:22:11 PM
So this is what happens when you reach The Devil's Day (666)...

Wonder what happens at day 777 :)
You know it is bedtime when you open a file called GeneralEffecters.xml and the first 2 words you notice are: Butcher and Children.
==============
Learning to program is easy. Learning to put what is in your mind into programming code, now that is the hard part.

Vas

Bandits with tanks would be nice.  Harder to kill, does more damage, tank dies and out pops 3 bandits.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

TimMartland

The tribals attack in such ridiculous swarms you just cant defend. Since they are only in furs, maybe Tynan should drastically lower their defence/HP because they seem to be able to soak up as much damage as armoured raiders which is kinda silly.
'Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying'
-Arthur C. Clarke'
'Needs moar boosters!'
-Jebadiah Kerman