[A17] Elemental Boomalopes

Started by Mehni, June 02, 2017, 11:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mehni

Boomalopes that do more than go boom.

These special boomalopes all mastered one of the Elements of RimWorld: Smoke, Firefoam, Stun and EMP. Some of them go boom, some of them go zap. Others go poof!

Want to use boomalopes to your tactical advantage against mechanoids? You can. If you want, you can even use them to protect your base against fire! Let the boomies do the fighting for you--- but beware manhunter packs.

DOWNLOAD:
Steam
Github

Cabdono

Was waiting for this since I saw that gif on discord on the extinguish boomalope, thank you. ^^

Ashardalon411

What ? What ? What a delirium ! I get it now hahaha ! ^^

Fluffydodo1

A stupid yet very convenient mod. I like it :DD

cocoman111

Found out about this mod on Barky's channel. Really cool, but I think it sort of destroys the real threat that boomalopes pose in my opinion.

Mehni

Yeah. Maybe. I certainly considered that.

Boomalope manhunter packs just explode once and the rest chain-explode. If a pawn of yours is caught inside the pack, they get vaporised. Sucks, but the threat is gone.

The boomalopes that explode in an EMP burst take out your turrets. Sucks if you rely on turrets, no big deal otherwise.
The foamalope is probably the weakest of the group, since all they do is leave a mess. That said, they don't injure or kill the other manhunting boomalopes around them when they blow up.
The boomalopes that disappear in a poof of smoke give their manhunting friends an awful lot of cover. They're really hard to hit in the thick smoke.

I think they're more than dangerous enough in their own way.