[B18-A17] Sixs' Mod Showcase (News Updated: February 28th, 2018)

Started by Sixdd, June 02, 2017, 07:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admiralKew

Quote from: Sixdd on July 18, 2017, 07:18:27 AM
I'm actually thinking of doing a "Medieval Times Stuffified" as a separate mod since MT changes so much. I may not though, just kicking ideas around right now.
I did have a little idea for a companion mod:

Stuffified Construction: Laminated Wood

What the mod changes:
   - Adds 1 medieval-level research: laminated wood
   - laminated wood unlocks a recipe that takes one or more types of wood to output 'woodlog', where in basic Stuffified Construction it would be 'synthwood', this mod makes it 'laminated wood' or even 'synthwood laminate'
   - The synthwood research tree might not even have to be removed. It could simply be stated in the researc description that the synthwood tree is genetically modified to produce wood that has the same properties as the laminate.

I figure that it'd be a quick and easy way to ensure compatibility with mods that direct their recipes and construction lists to 'woodlog' without removing the new woods, and enhancing the number of options available.

Will SC also become compatible with Expanded Woodworking, by the way? An unofficial A17 patch has been rolled out.

Sixdd

I may consider adding a failsafe recipe to Stuffified Construction for the default wood, for most things though I will just keep adding compatibility through patches. Synthwood is mostly just a fast and cheap method for producing large quantities of wood. You don't really want to make furniture or sculptures from Synthwood but it is durable and good for construction.

As far as compatibility with Expanded Woodworking, I won't be making a patch. Stuffified Construction does literally the same thing that that does and more. The only obvious difference is that that mod adds plank objects and makes everything rely on that resource instead of logs. I leave it up to the user to decide which mod is better for them. I can imagine a lot of people will like using the Lumber from Expanded Woodworking as it is a bit more realistic in some cases.

DarkSurge

My chef, who has a 17 in cooking skill, can not cook plastic. Does it take crafting?

Sixdd

Chefs only make the starch, the plastic is made by a smith at the electric smelter.

Mitsael

The "Industrial Drill" shows me this error, is it serious?

https://ibb.co/hzhwx5

Sixdd

Mitsael

Sixdd

Okay, I'm pretty busy right now but I'll have time to get a fix out in the next few days.

Mitsael

Quote from: Sixdd on August 06, 2017, 02:03:34 PM
Okay, I'm pretty busy right now but I'll have time to get a fix out in the next few days.

Thanks for the help

rditto48801

Quote from: Sixdd on July 21, 2017, 05:36:17 PM
I may consider adding a failsafe recipe to Stuffified Construction for the default wood, for most things though I will just keep adding compatibility through patches. Synthwood is mostly just a fast and cheap method for producing large quantities of wood. You don't really want to make furniture or sculptures from Synthwood but it is durable and good for construction.

A backup recipe for turning wood into synthwood would be nice.
Personally, I dislike Synthwood being the 'default' wood.
In part due to trying to do Tribal themed colonies of late, which have the immersion factor a bit ruined.  Trying to get Synthwood with a Tribal colony is a pain in the rear since the source is not naturally occuring.

An idea/suggestion. (which others have more than likely already suggested the same or similar)
A version that grows in the wild.
Since Synthwood is supposed to be a genetically engineered plant, why not have a variant genetically engineered for handling harsher environments? i.e., one that can survive and thrive in the wild. If plants can survive, and there is soil, it can survive. Fluff text can mention it has very deep roots to get to water and nutrients even normal trees/plants cannot get, which means they cannot be used in hydroponics, and is also what helps it survive even wide temperature ranges. They would also be much slower growing, and yield less, than Synthwood trees. Maybe also grow even in poorly lit conditions? It could also be part weed, explaining why they have spread over most of the planet, long after they are no longer 'needed' (by those who have hydroponics packed full of Synthwood trees...)
The 'wild' version could be called something like Synthwood Shrub, or Fiberwood Tree/Shrub/Bush, or something like that.

Back to the issues at hand.
First, two compatible mods with a few items still stuck only using Synthwood.
Powerless is not fully compatible for me, the Simple Table and Stump Chair still require Synthwood in my game. Were they missed? Everything else is stuffied just fine from what I can see.
Misc Training has two unstuffied things I found. The Martial Arts Target and Shooting Target are not stuffied for me.

I have at least a few mods (including Medieval Times) that have 'broken' progression or reduced functionality because of synthwood at this time.

Tribal Essentials: A few wood only items.  Maybe unrelated to this mod, but woven items it adds have wood items as available materials to make them.
Cave Biome: The Crystal Lamp (nifty 'cold crystal' light) needs wood to make.
Apini - Playable Bee Race: This mod is hit hard by Synthwood. Their Scenario start is Neolithic tech level, and they don't start with wood, just their own building material, Beeswax.  So they can't even build some of their starter items/objects that need wood, which includes their food production.

I do have some basic modding experience with Rimworld (and I have/use Notepad 2), are there any temp fixes I could make on my end to allow items to be made with other types of wood?
Always (less than) eager to stockpile 3 metric tons of steel to replicate a useful gun.

Dr. Watson. Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.

Sixdd

The Synthwood issue has been brought up a few times, I'm almost at a solution but Synthwood is and always will be a late game tech. Most likely what I'll be doing is separating Synthwood into it's own wood type and make the vanilla game "Wood" item as a craftable wood, this would allow you to craft the generic wood from any wood-like substance or anything that uses the Woody stuff type. Once that is done it would be possible to use things like the Apini beeswax to make the generic wood either automatically or with a patch, I haven't got to using any race mods just yet so I'm not sure how that mod works exactly.

Powerless I have never actually used, I only stuffified the things that I knew would need it, I'll give it another once-over though to include those. Misc Training I'll look at again but I think I already covered the dummies. I may have chosen to stuff the fabric though instead of the wood. Unfortunately with RimWorld you can only stuff one of the materials, the game just doesn't have any way to select multiple variable materials. I can change it though to allow wood to be chosen instead of fabric. Cave Biome I'll take a look at.

Medieval Times I haven't used yet but seeing that a lot of people use it I will be making that a high priority.

I'll have an update out this week with some of these changes.

Chicken Plucker

Hey there Sixdd, hope you don't mind me "borrowing" your format with having a modlist thread like this, running around updating every thread gets hectic!

Sixdd

Oh hey, don't worry about me, I took the idea from CuproPanda. And I'm sure he/she isn't the first to do a collection thread either ;)

Actually I haven't seen your thread yet, I'ma go check it out now :D

Chicken Plucker

Oh it's not out yet, I am still updating the mods then I will make the threado, thanks!

DukeAl

Hi, I wanted to try out your stuffified construction mod (v0.17.1.10) today and got an error with additional joy objects (v17.21).
For the test i loaded the following mods in this order:

• MOD-E
  • core
  • HugsLib
  • Mod List Backup
  • Stuffified Construction
  • Additional Joy Objects

Hope this helps.

QuoteRimWorld 0.17.1557 rev1146
Verse.Log:Message(String)
RimWorld.VersionControl:LogVersionNumber()
Verse.Root:CheckGlobalInit()
Verse.Root:Start()
Verse.Root_Entry:Start()

XML error: Duplicate XML node name stuffCategories in this XML block: <ThingDef ParentName="JoyTableBase"><costStuffCount>100</costStuffCount><stuffCategories><li>Woody</li></stuffCategories><defName>AJO_CardTable</defName><label>card table</label><description>A table specially made for playing a wide variety of card games. Suitable for 1-4 players </description><graphicData><texPath>Cupro/Object/Furniture/CardTable</texPath><shaderType>CutoutComplex</shaderType></graphicData><statBases><WorkToBuild>10000</WorkToBuild><Mass>7</Mass><Beauty>15</Beauty></statBases><stuffCategories><li>Woody</li></stuffCategories><costStuffCount>100</costStuffCount><costList><Cloth>10</Cloth></costList><designationCategory>Joy</designationCategory></ThingDef>
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.XmlInheritance:CheckForDuplicateNodes(XmlNode)
Verse.XmlInheritance:ResolveXmlNodeFor(XmlInheritanceNode)
Verse.XmlInheritance:ResolveXmlNodesRecursively(XmlInheritanceNode)
Verse.XmlInheritance:ResolveXmlNodes()
Verse.XmlInheritance:Resolve()
Verse.ModContentPack:LoadDefs(IEnumerable`1)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__84E()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__84C()

XML error: Duplicate XML node name costStuffCount in this XML block: <ThingDef ParentName="JoyTableBase"><costStuffCount>100</costStuffCount><stuffCategories><li>Woody</li></stuffCategories><defName>AJO_CardTable</defName><label>card table</label><description>A table specially made for playing a wide variety of card games. Suitable for 1-4 players </description><graphicData><texPath>Cupro/Object/Furniture/CardTable</texPath><shaderType>CutoutComplex</shaderType></graphicData><statBases><WorkToBuild>10000</WorkToBuild><Mass>7</Mass><Beauty>15</Beauty></statBases><stuffCategories><li>Woody</li></stuffCategories><costStuffCount>100</costStuffCount><costList><Cloth>10</Cloth></costList><designationCategory>Joy</designationCategory></ThingDef>

XML error: Duplicate XML node name costStuffCount in this XML block: <ThingDef ParentName="BookStorageBase"><costStuffCount>30</costStuffCount><stuffCategories><li>Woody</li></stuffCategories><defName>AJO_BookRack</defName><label>book rack</label><description>A small bookshelf with a few books. \nBoosts writing speed by 5% when placed near a writing table. Only one book rack can be linked to a single writing table.</description><graphicData><texPath>Cupro/Object/Furniture/BookRack/BookRack</texPath><shaderType>CutoutComplex</shaderType></graphicData><uiIconPath>Cupro/Object/Furniture/BookRack/BookRack_MenuIcon</uiIconPath><altitudeLayer>Building</altitudeLayer><pathCost>20</pathCost><fillPercent>0.2</fillPercent><statBases><MaxHitPoints>100</MaxHitPoints><WorkToBuild>500</WorkToBuild><Mass>12.5</Mass><MarketValue>75</MarketValue><Beauty>10</Beauty><EntertainmentStrengthFactor>0.8</EntertainmentStrengthFactor></statBases><costStuffCount>30</costStuffCount><costList><AJO_PileOfBooks>1</AJO_PileOfBooks></costList><comps><li Class="CompProperties_Facility"><statOffsets><WorkTableWorkSpeedFactor>0.05</WorkTableWorkSpeedFactor></statOffsets><maxSimultaneous>1</maxSimultaneous></li></comps></ThingDef>

XML error: Duplicate XML node name costStuffCount in this XML block: <ThingDef ParentName="BookStorageBase"><defName>AJO_Bookshelf</defName><label>bookshelf</label><description>A bookshelf with a variety of books. \nBoosts writing speed by 10% when placed near a writing table. Only two bookshelves can be linked to a single writing table.</description><graphicData><texPath>Cupro/Object/Furniture/Bookshelf/Bookshelf</texPath><shaderType>CutoutComplex</shaderType></graphicData><uiIconPath>Cupro/Object/Furniture/Bookshelf/Bookshelf_MenuIcon</uiIconPath><altitudeLayer>Building</altitudeLayer><pathCost>40</pathCost><fillPercent>0.4</fillPercent><statBases><MaxHitPoints>250</MaxHitPoints><WorkToBuild>1000</WorkToBuild><Mass>25</Mass><MarketValue>200</MarketValue><Beauty>25</Beauty><EntertainmentStrengthFactor>1</EntertainmentStrengthFactor></statBases><costStuffCount>60</costStuffCount><costList><AJO_PileOfBooks>3</AJO_PileOfBooks></costList><comps><li Class="CompProperties_Facility"><statOffsets><WorkTableWorkSpeedFactor>0.1</WorkTableWorkSpeedFactor></statOffsets><maxSimultaneous>2</maxSimultaneous></li></comps><stuffCategories><li>Woody</li></stuffCategories><costStuffCount>60</costStuffCount></ThingDef>

XML error: Duplicate XML node name costStuffCount in this XML block: <ThingDef ParentName="BookStorageBase"><defName>AJO_Bookcase</defName><label>bookcase</label><description>A bookcase with a wide variety of books. \nBoosts writing speed by 20% when placed near a writing table. Up to four bookcases can be linked to a single writing table.</description><graphicData><texPath>Cupro/Object/Furniture/Bookcase/Bookcase</texPath><shaderType>CutoutComplex</shaderType></graphicData><uiIconPath>Cupro/Object/Furniture/Bookcase/Bookcase_MenuIcon</uiIconPath><altitudeLayer>Pawn</altitudeLayer><pathCost>70</pathCost><fillPercent>0.75</fillPercent><statBases><MaxHitPoints>600</MaxHitPoints><WorkToBuild>2000</WorkToBuild><Mass>50</Mass><MarketValue>400</MarketValue><Beauty>50</Beauty><EntertainmentStrengthFactor>1.15</EntertainmentStrengthFactor></statBases><costStuffCount>100</costStuffCount><costList><AJO_PileOfBooks>5</AJO_PileOfBooks></costList><comps><li Class="CompProperties_Facility"><statOffsets><WorkTableWorkSpeedFactor>0.2</WorkTableWorkSpeedFactor></statOffsets><maxSimultaneous>4</maxSimultaneous></li><li><compClass>CompQuality</compClass></li><li Class="CompProperties_Art"><nameMaker>ArtName_Furniture</nameMaker><descriptionMaker>ArtDescription_Furniture</descriptionMaker><minQualityForArtistic>Superior</minQualityForArtistic></li></comps><inspectorTabs><li>ITab_Art</li></inspectorTabs><stuffCategories><li>Woody</li></stuffCategories><costStuffCount>100</costStuffCount></ThingDef>

[HugsLib] v3.1.2 initialized ModListBackup
Verse.Log:Message(String)
HugsLib.Utils.ModLogger:Message(String, Object[])
HugsLib.HugsLibController:LoadReloadInitialize()