[B18-A17] Sixs' Mod Showcase (News Updated: February 28th, 2018)

Started by Sixdd, June 02, 2017, 07:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixdd

No problem, glad someone likes it, and not even ten minutes in! :D

Canute

Simple ideas, good solution in short time of creation ! :-)

Did you allow all "wood" flag resource as refuel or only wood,bamboo ?
VG got ironwood too and another mod offer bones as wood source.

Sixdd

Just those two, I figured if a mod comes around that adds in wood (as in real wood and not bones :P ) I'll add to the patch.
Also, as far as I know you can't use a category on a fuelFilter so it isn't possible to add all types of something easily without adding each one individually. As far as VG is concerned I'll add the ironwood asap, I always forget about that one.

BlueWinds

Thanks for Passive Coolers Refuelable, it's quite a nice tweak. One request though - can you rename about.xml to About.xml? I know it doesn't make any difference on Windows computers, but those of us playing on linux, the case matters. Mod still works, just throws a big red dev console error because it can't find the file. Thanks.

Sixdd

Oh, I didn't realize it was supposed to be capitalized, consider it done. GitHub is already updated and Steam will follow shortly.

Spikedude

Hey, some feedback for you on the organic plasteel mod.

1. Starch/Plastic values are way too high. It's currently set at 100s/plastic and 50s/starch. That's pretty insanely overpowered considering how easy it is to make these items and that plasteel itself is only like 15s/each. I can take all of an exotic trade ship's silver with only about 30 plastic or less. A masterwork grand sculpture made from plastic sells for like 50k. It's nuts so I toned it down to 10% (10s/plastic, 5s/starch) for my own personal use and even then I'd say it's still a bit OP, but less severe. For a more vanilla-balanced value I'd probably put it at 1% of its current value (so 1s/plastic, 0.50s/starch).

2. The crafting times are near-instant which actually results in my crafters *losing* XP when making plastic since the downtime between the actual crafts is longer than the time it takes to make it. Since they aren't sitting and crafting for any meaningful amount of time they don't earn enough XP to offset the decay.

3. The color is definitely *too* white. A more off-white/eggshell color would be more appropriate imo. Something like (210,210,200) looks significantly better than the super pale white you have now. This is just a personal preference thing so it's no big deal.

4. I feel bulk goods traders should also carry/accept starch and plastic instead of only exotic goods traders. I wouldn't consider either of those resources to be "exotic" even on a distant rimworld.

That's it for now. Hope you take my concerns into consideration. Thanks.

EDIT: For reference I'm still playing on A17 and using that version of the mod.

Sixdd

All good points, I thought I fixed the costs in the last update but apparently I did not. I'll be working on mods again next week most likely so expect an update around then.

Sixdd

Organic Plasteel has been updated to 0.18.1.1
Serveral balance changes have been made as suggested by Spikedude.

Plastic and Starch have had their crafting time increased to 7 seconds
  Market values have been heavily nerfed
  Plastic max hp has been reduced to 30, plastic is cheap and fast but highly susceptible to fire.

As always, report bugs here if you find any.

skywyze

Sixdd

Nope, I haven't had time to work on it. If you want the same sort of features you can use Extended Woodworking and Stuffed Workbenches (I think those are the names) and you'll have most of the features.

Sixdd

~Toolmetrics: Reorganized~
Updated February 28th, 2018

Description:
Toolmetrics is a great mod (link to original) but sadly it wasn't updated to B18, so I did it myself with a few balance tweaks here and there.

Safe to add mid-game.
NOT safe to remove mid-game!

Credits:
Chronometrics: Original mod author
Sixdd: Tweaked and updated to B18

Original Mod Licence:
"Assets created by me, definitely, 100%, why would I lie here."

Download: v0.18.0.1

{Old releases can be found on GitHub}

ChangeLog:
For changelogs visit {GitHub}.

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Please report any bugs you find in this thread.

Harry_Dicks

Thanks! A dream mod of mine: colonists could automatically swap what tool they have equipped (from Weapon Storage?) based on what job they are doing, and they would actually hold the tool in their hands while working, that's the biggest one :P Maybe a tool inventory slot? I always thought a "slotted" inventory might be interesting for pawns. Like a tool slot, medicine slot, 1 or 2 weapon slots, a drug slot, food slot, maybe a couple more.

Ubiquitus

A quick question, just to make sure: Toolmetrics should work with Simple sidearms, right? I don't particularly see where it would cause an issue, but I figured I'd ask, just in case one of my errors pops from that. Either way, it's awesome of you to have maintained this mod, thank you!

Sixdd

In my testing, everything works exactly as it did in A17. Though this version works fine I actually would recommend checking out Toolmetrics Redux, it adds new accessory items so that peaceful pawns can get bonuses as well. I don't remember if it is here on the forum but I know it is on Steam workshop, it's the one that I have been using lately :D