[mod patch request] high caliber and combat extended

Started by rambo, June 02, 2017, 10:11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rambo

Combat extended (realism) has been updated to A17 and I wanna play high calibre  and combat extended if its possible in the first place to make a patch

rambo

notfood

doesn't it work out of the box?

Combat Extended uses Patches now and they target all guns.

It may need some tinkering with the numbers but it should work.

rambo

Quote from: notfood on June 04, 2017, 04:58:34 PM
I dont know what you mean by this explain

notfood

It's a new feature for A17 that allows modders to pre-process the xml where the definition of everything is stored.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: notfood on June 04, 2017, 04:58:34 PM
doesn't it work out of the box?

It may need some tinkering with the numbers but it should work.

There's no way to patch guns automatically because you can't infer their stats in any real way. You still need to manually set up the patches.

I'm currently working on a spreadsheet that should make generating the data for the patches as easy as typing in some numbers from Wikipedia but I'm not releasing that while I'm still tweaking formulas daily. Hence I wouldn't recommend trying to make a patch right now either, the mod is changing too much and you'd have to constantly update your patch to keep up. Just wait until it's released instead of trying to play some unstable dev build.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

rambo

How long do you think that it will take for combat extended to get a stable release

notfood

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on June 05, 2017, 04:46:14 AM
There's no way to patch guns automatically because you can't infer their stats in any real way. You still need to manually set up the patches.

For non supported guns that aren't balanced yet, wouldn't it be a good idea to have a formula that takes their range and accuracy over distance and get generic values and fill in the stats that need to be filled for it to work? I thought that was a given for A17 release.

rambo

rambo

So is anyone capable of make the patch. On a side note CE add a few guns such as the ak47 RPG 7 etx and some gun mods may have the weapons it already adds such as high calibre with the AK and rimfire with the rpg and the ak so remove the guns mod if there is ğonna be a duplicate.