Butchering Giving No Meat

Started by 00benallen, June 03, 2017, 12:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

00benallen

Hey guys! As the title says when I butcher in my new A17 world, I get no meat from the animals.

Here's a link to my reddit post about the same issue:
https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/6f1wuw/bug_no_meat_from_buchering/

NeverPire

I'm almost sure it's a mod bug. `

As I see your modlist from reddit, I think it's either an issue in one of the mod or in the compatibility between two of them.
(JTReplace Walls A Dog Said... Quality Builder Hand Me That Brick Organized Research Tab Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.0 EdB Prepare Carefully)

I suggest to deplace this topic to mod bugs as in the vanilla game butchering gives meat.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

thekaj

I'm experiencing the same bug.  To potentially narrow it down, I only have Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.0 EdB Prepare Carefully running.  I'd assume it's the Prosthetics mod, rather than Prepare Carefully. 

I will note that it WAS working when I first started the game, with both mods running.  I then moved my kitchen, which meant I broke down one butcher block and built another.  I've since removed that one and replaced it, and removed and replaced the job.  I think this did happen after it updated to 17b.

Calahan

A17a games that used prepare carefully seem to be causing problems when the save game is loaded in A17b. Open you save game in a text editor and check if there are any lines like this in it near the start.

<li IsNull="True" />

Moving this to mod bugs as that seems by far the most likely cause of the issue right now..

thekaj

Quote from: Calahan on June 05, 2017, 03:23:56 PM
A17a games that used prepare carefully seem to be causing problems when the save game is loaded in A17b. Open you save game in a text editor and check if there are any lines like this in it near the start.

<li IsNull="True" />

Moving this to mod bugs as that seems by far the most likely cause of the issue right now..
I can confirm I've got five instances of <li IsNull="True" /> in a row, right before the </parts></scenario>.   All five autosaves are from the current A17b build and have the same line repeated.  I'm guessing this particular save is borked?  :-\

Calahan

Quote from: thekaj on June 06, 2017, 12:33:47 AM
I can confirm I've got five instances of <li IsNull="True" /> in a row, right before the </parts></scenario>.   All five autosaves are from the current A17b build and have the same line repeated.  I'm guessing this particular save is borked?  :-\
Maybe, maybe not. I have no expertise in editing / repairing save files, but here is a post by Tynan (on reddit) where he mentions this very error being caused by Prepare Carefully*. The user he is replying to followed his instructions and reported back that it fixed their game. So maybe the same will apply in your case as well (no guarantees of course, but not much to lose in trying. Although make sure to back your save file up first).
https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/6f2xi9/rimworld_alpha17b_performance_hotfix_released/difb6p8/

* I am only assuming that Prepare Carefully has caused your problem as well, as I don't know enough about modding to lay any claim to certainly in that regard.

thekaj

Thanks for the assist.  You're right, not much to lose!  Oddly enough, after the fix, I had a guy butcher one deer with success.  Both meat and leather dropped.  But the next one, and all other ones went right back to dropping nothing.  I even made sure to butcher another deer, wondering if I could ONLY butcher deer, but no joy.  Oh well, I've confirmed that new games without mods installed work just fine for butchering.  So I can roll a new game, or experience the challenge of forced vegetarianism!