Must Have Mods?

Started by Patrick, June 03, 2017, 08:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick

Hey! So I've Been Playing RimWorld Alot! (ADDICTED ALREADY!!)
But I've Been Wondering What Are The Must Have Mods Except For:
EDB Prepare Carefully,Expanded Prosthetics..
So..Can Someone Tell Me What Are The Must Have Mods?

PS. Also The Helpful Mods :3

Limdood

Hospitality - not QUITE released for A17 yet, but it should be soon.  This mod adds some functionality with the neutral/friendly factions in the game.  Guest beds, gather spots, social interaction, and recruiting.

Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering (EPOE) - I'm not a fan, but MANY MANY people are.  This mod greatly expands the amount and diversity of artificial limbs and organs, adding different, and different priced versions of almost all different organs, as well as custom crafting benches for each.

I use Stack XXL (increased stack size), Miniaturization (allows most items to be "uninstalled" and moved the way beds already can be), rimfridge (adds 1x1 and 1x2 size freezer objects that keep food from spoiling, so meals can be kept outside the walk-in freezer), colony manager (allows semi-automation of animal taming/slaughtering, berry picking, tree cutting, and crafting production), and doormats (just adds a doormat that can be built in doorways/hallways that causes dirt to build up there rather than get tracked everywhere).

All of those are simple quality of life mods that DO make the game easier, but generally in small ways that I personally like.

Another idea you could do is to go on the steam workshop for the game and just check "most popular" and "most downloaded" mods for A17.

Trylobyte

You already have EdB Prepare Carefully and EPoE, which are both amazing, so here are a few of the mods I enjoy.

Essentials - These games just make the core gameplay experience better, or are things that you'll eventually need in your modding journey.

HugsLib - So many other mods use this that you might as well just grab it.
Allow Tool - Lets you do a number of things faster and easier than you could with the ordinary controls without adding any new functionality.  This is one of the mods I miss the most when I don't have it.
Organized Research Tab - If you have mods that add new research then you need this.  It makes the research tab understandable.
Stack Merger - There are a number of mods that provide this same functionality, this is just the one I use.  Any mod that helps organize stockpiles is mandatory.

Expansions - These mods add a lot of content to the game or greatly expand the options you have when building your colony.

Vegetable Garden - Greatly expands the variety of foodstuffs you can grow and provides a late-game solution to running out of rare resources like Uranium and Plasteel, assuming you have a really, really good grower.  Also greatly expands cooking options and food production to allow you to make all sorts of things.  A delightful mod.
More Vanilla Turrets - I'm not a fan of turrets normally, but the turrets in this pack seem balanced and fair.  This lets you vary your automated defenses and better craft a solution that works for you.  Research-intensive, though.
RimFridge A17 - All it does is add powered refrigerators.  And you have no idea how useful that is until you don't have it anymore.
RT Fuse - Adds fuses and circuit breakers that help manage the Zzzzt event.  Batteries are now safe to use - Faulty wiring will no longer blow up a large part of your base if you have a lot of power stored.

Filthy Casual Mods - Mods that hardcore players would probably shun due to either making the game easy or subverting intended mechanics.  Some of them may border on cheating.  However, I think they make the game fun.

Stack XXL - I know, I know.  Call me lazy, call me a casual, but I like not having to take up half my base with storage.
RT's Weapon Pack - Adds a whole lot of new guns and firearms to the game, and there's nothing more gloriously stupid than hunting rabbits with RPGs.  I list it here because some of these guns make the charge rifle look silly while costing significantly less.
Mad Skills - Skills higher than level 10 will slowly decay over time.  Mad Skills lets you modify exactly how.  Some people would call this a straight cheat, but I think that a master crafter isn't going to forget how to craft just because they haven't made anything for three days.  You can choose to slow it down or turn it off altogether.

Patrick

Trylobyte

All the ones I listed are for A17, yes.

daman2501

To add to other people comment: The entire Rimsenal Collection is a must since it adds a lot of everything. Do you like sexy and OP armors that counter themselves that MOD has it, if you like story tellers this MOD has them as well, Factions? THIS MOD HAS IT!!!, guns? This MOD has a shitload of vanilla style futuristic and modern weaponry, do you enjoy killboxes doing killboxes? then this MOD has what you need, providing the means so you don`t have to move a finger to tear those filthy tribals and persistent raiders ;),

oh and Call of Ctulu, if you like the industrial era, cults (your own as well) and Extra dimensional monsters whom only purpose is to destroy you (or the enemy e.e)
YOU`RE DA-MAN!!!

Ashardalon411

Ty captain, i did'nt find hand me that brick and now its fixed TY ;)

Fregrant

Mending - for gear repair.
SS Bigger Batteries - as it says. SS fuses + RT fuses as well.
DeadMansClothing - lets suppose we washed it. No mood debuffs.
FluffyBreakdowns - just maintain the stuff and it will never break.
Dubs Bad Hygiene - dump&wash. More realism, more difficulties.
SimpleSidearms - grab a rifle, stuff a pistol in the pocket. Grab the pistol, hang the rifle on the back. Like that.
ReconAndDiscovery - more map events. Like, travel to a crashed ship to rescue the crew and dismantle the remains. That was cool.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=935948526