So you want to learn how to CODE? Come and learn in the worst way possible.

Started by KeenKrozzy, June 03, 2017, 10:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeenKrozzy

Greetings,

I am a self-taught programmer. I am probably not qualified to teach others. However, I think that I bring something to the table that has some value. I had to figure stuff out myself from shadowing, how-to article/videos, tons of questions, and about 10 years of experimenting/failing. I discovered a few years ago that I am pretty good at explaining this stuff to people at the 101 level.

I am working on this Wiki and I hope that it helps anyone that is interested in learning how to write mods (and program in general).

You can visit my Wiki here:
https://github.com/keenkrozzy/KeenKrozzyHarmony4Beginners/wiki

I am positive that I have butchered some terminology and have spelling/grammar mistakes. Please use the "Issues" tab on the Github page.

Thank you.

enosu

I opened main.cs and I am super confused. I thought all I would have to change would be a value like 67 to 30 or 20. Did you write all this manually?

KeenKrozzy

Quote from: enosu on June 08, 2017, 06:28:43 AM
I opened main.cs and I am super confused. I thought all I would have to change would be a value like 67 to 30 or 20. Did you write all this manually?

I'm sorry but, I don't understand. You shouldn't be opening anything at this point if you're reading my wiki.

enosu

ThatOddGuy

Really enjoyed the guide so far! I'm currently in the process of learning my way through Harmony so I'm glad to have any scraps of documentation I can find, because man it confuses me. Hope to see it finished  :)

yusukenl

I always want to learn how to mod rimworld. I feel so lucky to have met you and your wiki
thanks!