Official: Dutch

Started by Geeves, April 26, 2014, 05:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d3mons

First of al i dont have the game yet, (gona buy it assoon i had my next paiday,

Sory if i bash some one by saying this, but dutch and deutch are 2 difrent languages,
First is used in the netherlands, second obviously in germany,

Here it comes, ive played alpha 2 and alpha 8b/e inthe first edition the dutch translations were beter than in8 because some english wasnt translated yet inthe v2 but been translated into german!!!

Im dutch and id love to help translating,
Ofc i can translate it for just myzelf into centences that make cense. But id rather helpout oficialy

Ps. Good job sofar though, the 2 alphas i played were above my normal gaming standard! Somuch i decided togo buy it verysoon

keenriser

Hey d3mons!

We're making good progress on the Dutch translation, while it's not perfect yet, the latest version is "mostly playable", while the original translations for alpha 8 were absolutely not. The reason a part of the translations are German, is because one of the translators was translating from German to Dutch (because it's closer than English).

Be sure to get the latest version:
https://github.com/Ludeon/RimWorld-Dutch/

You're welcome to leave any feedback here, or check the IRC channel:
irc://irc.rizon.net/rimworld.dutch

Morea

Hey there! I've been getting into Rimworld and I'd like to contribute to the Dutch translation.

As the majority of the work seems to be completed, perhaps I could help proof-read and fine-tune the translations. I'm a native Dutch.

I've made a GitHub account, could anyone please tell me how to get started?

Many thanks,
Morea

Geertje123

Quote from: Morea on January 20, 2015, 10:38:59 AM
Hey there! I've been getting into Rimworld and I'd like to contribute to the Dutch translation.

As the majority of the work seems to be completed, perhaps I could help proof-read and fine-tune the translations. I'm a native Dutch.

I've made a GitHub account, could anyone please tell me how to get started?

Many thanks,
Morea

Just for the record: Everything was explained to Morea in IRC. He has access to the repo and knows how git works. :)

Morea

As Geertje said. Thanks for the quick help, I look forward to getting started!

Sjohn21

Dear all,

I see there has not been a lot of talking here lately, so I would like to stir it up a little.
Normally I play RimWorld with English as the language.
After updating to Beta 19, the game started up in Dutch.
There were quite some translations missing or were just plain bad. So I runned the report tool and saw a lot was wrong.
For me this is quite annoying and I would probably play the game in English anyway, but I would like to contribute to dutch so I would be playable for non English speaking Dutchies.
Is there still anyone active? Or should I just start myself?

Best regards,

The_Doctor

Hello,

I saw in RimWorld that they are lookong for translators, and I thought by myself why don't I help. So here I am. My native language is Dutch so that won't be the problem.

If i could help with something specific, just ask!

Kind regards,
Bas

Sjohn21

Hi Bas,

I see you already started! Thanks! Now I do not feel so alone anymore.
We should try to avoid doint double work.
In my opinion the keyed translation have the highest priority. As we are only with two persons translating at the moment, what do you think about starting with the bottom file (alphabetical) and working your way up as I will be working my way down?
I've also got some tips. If you need some help for translating https://www.deepl.com/translate give quite nice translations.
Furthermore it sometimes works well to check the german translation.

Best regards,

Sjohn21 (Koen)

----

Hallo Bas.

Ik zie dat je al begonnen bent! Bedankt! Nu voel ik me niet meer zo alleen.
We moeten proberen dubbel werk te vermijden.
Naar mijn mening heeft de keyed translation de hoogste prioriteit. Aangezien we op dit moment slechts met twee personen bezig zijn, wat vind je ervan om te beginnen met het onderste bestand (alfabetisch) en je weg omhoog te werken en dat ik dan mijn weg naar beneden ga werken?
Ik heb ook een aantal tips. Als je hulp nodig hebt bij het vertalen: https://www.deepl.com/translate geeft goede vertalingen.
Verder werkt het soms goed om de Duitse vertaling te checken.

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Sjohn21 (Koen)

The_Doctor

Hello Koen,

I agree with you that it is not so beneficial to do double work so i will start at the bottom of the keyed translations.
Because I am reading this so late i have made some adjustments to the Credits.xml file. I have made the dutch translation mod donor (line 33) mod donateur and moderator (line 37) Surveillant.
One thing I am not shure about is the translation of Writing donor (line 35) at the moment it says Schrijvende donor but it doesn't sound right, Maybe you have an idea.
A quick question in which language can I best reply with, Englis, Dutch or both?

Kind regards,

Bas-Korver (Bas)

PS happy to help with your loneliness.

Sjohn21

Hi Bas,

First of all, I think replying in English is the best way as probably non-dutch speaking persons will check the forum from time to time (like the devs). I replied in both last time, but it is not necessary for me.
Most of the files up to messages.xml I've translated (quite quick, so there could be some small mistakes), but some small changes were made with the last run of the cleaning tool. I can check them and fix them. If you push credits I will pull and merge them again.
I think I translated it to "schrijvende donor", but it indeed sounds wrong. I did not check were it comes up in the game actually, but the German translation translate roughly to: "Verstrekker van diverse teksten" Which already sounds better to me.
As said already I will make the small adjustment to the files up to messages.xml and continue from there.
I made it a habit to push everytime I changed a new file I translated, including updating the readme.md. Pushing after each file I think is the best way to go forward so we won't do double work. Updating the readme.md each time is not 100% necessary for me. But I will do it from time to time anyway. Just proceed with that as you want.

Regards,

Sjohn21 (Koen)

The_Doctor

Hi Koen,

I have pushed the credits.xml file and I have started with the WorkTags.xml file. I immediately stumbled upon a question, one of the keyed translations wil never be used can I delete it then?
I agree with you to push every time I have translated a file and update the readme.md file
I will continue with the translations and we will see what we will do after keyed translations.

Kind regards,

Bas-Korver (Bas)

Sjohn21

Hi Bas,

the never used translations are legacy from old translation files. You can remove them. Sometimes part of them can be used for other translation in the file, but most of the time it is faster to just translate the onces needed and just delete the unused ones.
Last week i did not have much time, but tomorrow I will pull your changes and update the small adjustments and upload at least messages.xml.

Regards,
Sjohn21 (Koen)

The_Doctor

Hi Koen,

Thanks for the quick reply. I will delet the old files then

Kind regards,

Bas-Korver (Bas)

The_Doctor

Hi Koen,

Quick suggestion, should I make a Discord for the Dutch translators?
Kind regards,
Bas-Korver (Bas)

Sjohn21

Hi Bas,

I've never used Discord before. I'm more used to Slack, which I use for other stuff as well.
But something like that would be a good idea. Works faster than this forum indeed.
I've create a Slack already, with this link you will be able to login to the #general channel: https://join.slack.com/t/rimworld-dutch/shared_invite/enQtNDUzMDEyNTE4ODcwLWEyYjhkMjM0MGU3NWExYzgwZWYwYmRlNjUyYWQyY2E5MGRhZThmYjE5YWRhZDQ5MWMwZTQzYTM1MDg2YWRhYjg
When you've logged in I will grant access to the other channel(s).
I requested for github integration, so all changes should automatically be visible in slack as well once that is completed.
If you think this is to much please tell me, than we can try Discord.

Furthermore, I do not know which editor you use at the moment. But I think you've accidentally added a .vs folder to github, because of the editor.
You can add it to your gitignore files. I will remove it from my repo.

Regards,
Koen