A18

Started by RimworldOx, June 03, 2017, 10:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RimworldOx

I dream about what magic the next update will bring.

Any ideas?
:D

ReZpawner

Optimisation, and a redesign of the storage system.

Oh, and a "party spot" type object for "visiting caravans".

Rulin

Rebalancing of the caravan system and its quests to make it more rewarding than just staying at the base.

O Negative

I still hope that one of these updates is going to include a communicable disease system. The current system for getting diseases is weak, and would be made a lot more interesting if sick pawns had a chance to get other pawns sick. One of the biggest early game challenges - when your people are arriving on a new planet - should be building an immune system to the local pathogens. IMHO.

That's my dream update, though.

I'd be happy with improvements to storage, but I don't see them coming anytime soon.

If we ever get a multiplayer update, I'll probably buy one of those ridiculously priced backstory-in-the-game things. I was never expecting a friggin world we could travel around, or the ability to attack other factions. Yet, we got those. Gotta try not to get too hyped on theoreticals :P

Penguinmanereikel

Quote from: O Negative on June 04, 2017, 02:13:27 AM
I still hope that one of these updates is going to include a communicable disease system. The current system for getting diseases is weak, and would be made a lot more interesting if sick pawns had a chance to get other pawns sick. One of the biggest early game challenges - when your people are arriving on a new planet - should be building an immune system to the local pathogens. IMHO.

I'd be happy with improvements to storage, but I don't see them coming anytime soon.

If we ever get a multiplayer update, I'll probably buy one of those ridiculously priced backstory-in-the-game things. I was never expecting a friggin world we could travel around, or the ability to attack other factions. Yet, we got those. Gotta try not to get too hyped on theoreticals :P

Multiplayer? Uh, I don't think Rimworld is that kind of game. Even if Tynan does decide to do anything remotely close to that, he'd probably have to do it in a separate project, not the base game.

O Negative

Right, I'm not saying it's a must, or even that it fits. I'm just saying that it's one of those things that would just absolutely blow my mind if he did it and made it work. Lol

mumblemumble

My guess is a massive faction revamp, and maybe a relationship / thoughts revamp, with new events for caravans to make it even more interesting.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

JMC

Quote from: Penguinmanereikel on June 04, 2017, 02:30:25 AM
Quote from: O Negative on June 04, 2017, 02:13:27 AM

Multiplayer? Uh, I don't think Rimworld is that kind of game. Even if Tynan does decide to do anything remotely close to that, he'd probably have to do it in a separate project, not the base game.

It might not be for you, and actually it isn't for me but for the few people I've bought this game for they've all said "Wow, all we need now is multiplayer so we can try and invade each others settlements".

I just think of the amount of time it would take to finish a game since I usually play everything at full speed :|. I can see it lasting longer than a game of Civilization.

SpookCrow

I feel a faction revamp would add a more challenging and fun playthrough for players. The raids in my opinion need more "variety".
In the future I would like to see raids that include vicious dogs that raiders can command to attack you while they shoot at you. Or even maybe a two raids at the same time where one evil faction uses sappers and the other creates a siege.

Also like to see more variety of mechs as well than just the two we currently have.
"Fear is the enemy within you that can lead to your demise." -Spook

Sola

-Shelves
-Pawns eating at tables
-Pawns rearming traps without standing on them.
-Separate quality crafting (furniture) from non-quality crafting (floors/walls)
-More mundane research, like improvements on existing tech (shelves, super shelves, super duper shelves)
Two tiers of construction jobs.  One for expensive/quality items, and one for walls/floors/etc.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28669.0

Jstank

Countries with boarders who expand and contract their empires through conquest.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

- Bernard of Clairvaux

RimworldOx

Quote from: Jstank on June 04, 2017, 09:32:10 AM

^^^ THIS would be amazing.

makapse

Quote from: RimworldOx on June 04, 2017, 10:17:58 AM

^^^ THIS would be amazing.

that and possible colony locations in between countries or you will be always at war with the country you are in.

8roads

state building +1
be left alone in a desert or toil under the tyranny of warring tribes...
coalition, subjugation, tributary system, sphere of influence
propaganda machine
division of labour
and economic interdependence

Ignoral

Civworld. Let me send out a construction pawn to build roads between my colonies!